Denver dumps a Nugget in Utah

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

DrModesty
Senior
And1: 570

Re: Denver dumps a Nugget in Utah 

Post#21 » by DrModesty » Wed May 22, 2024 5:15 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:[I did not have something specific in mind, but I do think they should use a pick swap to dump Nnaji, whether for pure cap or a guy of the caliber of Yurtseven at a different position.

A Nugget fan floated pick 28/Nnaji for Powell/Exum. I think Denver might could do better than that, but his idea seemed sound. He found two playable guys for the same money as an unplayable one. If instead of giving up the pick, he gave up your swap I think the value makes more sense. Now Dallas probably doesn't bite with the swap in place of the pick because they'd want to use the pick to turn THJ into something better and/or cheaper and just live with the dead Nnaji money as a cost of business down the road.

But maybe there is another team with 2 cheap playable guys willing to take on another swap. Like would Presti do Kenrich/Dieng to pick up another high variance swap? He might right? It's a Presti thing to do.

Or would Detroit do something around Grimes?

IDK it just feels to make more sense to do it all in one swoop and just accept being over the 2nd apron. But admittedly I don't have a Scoot level handle on this new CBA at all.

Denver might be more inclined for Jaylin Williams over Dieng if they deal with Presti. I can't see Malone playing Dieng, where as Jaylin has proven rotation worthy for 2 seasons now on decent/good teams, including in a minor but consistent role in the playoffs.

Return to Trades and Transactions