Knicks / Nuggets

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, Texas Chuck, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, BullyKing, MoneyTalks41890, Trader_Joe

ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,635

Knicks / Nuggets 

Post#1 » by ctorres » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:25 am

http://realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4394612

Knicks send: Zach Randolph and Fred Jones

Nuggets send: Kenyon Martin, JR Smith, Steven Hunter

The Knicks take on Martin's shaky knees if the Nuggets are throwing in JR Smith. Hunter gives the Knicks an athletic back-up center who is capable of locking shots. Martin would hopefully be the proper compliment to Curry in the starting lineup.

If any coach would be able to tone down Randolph and get solid production from him, it would be George Karl. Also, imagine the Nuggets coming into every matchup knowing that they may most likely have the advantage at C, SG, SF, and PF. Sure, the Nuggets are a good team now, but if you add Randolph, I could see them at contenders' status.

Nuggets lineup
PG: Anthony Carter / Chucky Atkins
SG: Allen Iverson / Fred Jones
SF: Carmelo Anthony / Linas Kleiza
PF: Zach Randolph / Eduardo Najera
C: Marcus Camby / Nene

Knicks lineup
PG: Stephon Marbury / Nate Robinson
SG: Jamal Crawford
SF: JR Smith / Quentin Richardson
PF: Kenyon Martin / David Lee
C: Eddy Curry / Steven Hunter
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#2 » by 4ho5ive » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:57 am

I dont see why the Knicks touch this. They get a shaky player who hasnt been the same since he has his real knees, a player who i assume Karl beat at certain points who chucks with no regard for human life and a at best half decent back up C.

Than again its Dolan/Zeke so yea, they probably throw in a protected 1st and Balkman as collateral.

Return to Trades and Transactions