Milwaukee / Portland / Philadelphia

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,487

Milwaukee / Portland / Philadelphia 

Post#1 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:43 am

Milwaukee trades: Michael Redd, Bobby Simmons, Charlie Villanueva

Milwaukee receives: Travis Outlaw, Thaddeus Young, Jarret Jack, Gordan Giricek, Raef Lafrentz, Philly 2008 First

Milwaukee trades Redd for youth and shorter contracts. They get out of 1 year of Simmons' contract by taking Raef.

Philadelphia trades: Andre Miller, Thaddeus Young, Gordan Giricek, 2008 First

Philadelphia receives: Michael Redd, Charlie Villanueva

Philly gets a go to scorer to compliment Iguodalas all around game. They also get an up and coming power forward that might just need a change of scenery to break out and Philly could use a PF.

Portland trades: Raef Lafrentz, Travis Outlaw, Jarrett Jack

Portlan receives: Andre Miller, Bobby Simmons

Portland is one of the suprise teams this offseason but they could use a few pieces. They trade a deadbeat for a deadbeat at a position they could possibly use (SF?). They also get a true floor general to help groom this young team.

Honestly on this one Im looking for more then just a "No" if you dont like it for you team but also a reason why. Does this trade have the "base" to get off the ground or am I way off?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,458

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:45 am

I don't see why Philly would want Redd. They're rebuilding.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#3 » by The Guilty Party » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:52 am

Stefanski is big on not overpaying players. While Redd is a nice player, he's a little too one dimensional for the money he's getting and isn't a good fit for this team.

Also, by doing this trade... the Sixers are giving up the cap space they just acquired, their most recent top pick, and their 2008 pick. So basically, this team isn't going to add any players next summer and hope that Redd and CV put them on their way up????

Sixers pass.
b_roy7
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#4 » by b_roy7 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:33 am

At this point, with the way Outlaw's playing, no thanks. Outlaw is our guy off the bench and Jack probably won't move until near the trading deadline or the off-season.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#5 » by Spykes » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:39 am

b_roy7 wrote:At this point, with the way Outlaw's playing, no thanks. Outlaw is our guy off the bench and Jack probably won't move until near the trading deadline or the off-season.

You're being far to nice with this trade. This thing is downright awful deal for Portland.
DeezXXnutZ
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by DeezXXnutZ » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:51 am

The Blazers wouldn't do this deal if Jack was replaced with Miles..Thats how bad this is for Portland.....
candy for lunch
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#7 » by candy for lunch » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:53 am

We already have a floor general that's better than Andre Miller.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,333

Post#8 » by DanTown8587 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:17 am

Portland doesn't need a PG (they like Roy to handle the ball when he is in there) and they love the energy Jack brings, and why on earth would they take the terrible Bobby Simmons contract where if they wait a year, they have a HUGE expiring deal that they could run out or use to make a quick fix?
SabasRevenge!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#9 » by SabasRevenge! » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:42 am

Why would Portland do this deal? Are things going too well? Would Andre Miller make them better for the future? Better than Outlaw AND Jack? I could see this if we were talking about Jack and Miles, but Outlaw? I'm not even touching the wildly overpaid Simmons. Bad trade in so many ways for the Blazers.
corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Post#10 » by corwin » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:13 pm

Philly would never give up T Young in a trade for CV. Adding in a 1st rounder makes it even worse. I also don't think Redd makes enough of a difference to include Miller. Philly passes easily!
sec-106
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#11 » by sec-106 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:08 pm

No from PHI.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,650

Post#12 » by hermes » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:10 pm

no from portland side
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#13 » by The Guilty Party » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:32 pm

supersteve wrote:We already have a floor general that's better than Andre Miller.

Wait... I've already said this trade is no goodski... but the above statement is more than a bit of a stretch. If you like your players, that's fine but please don't make a statement like THAT.
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#14 » by Simulack » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:34 pm

Horribly one-sided for the Bucks.

Makes no sense for the other teams involved.
Jack wore plaid
Sixth Man
And1: 56

Post#15 » by Jack wore plaid » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:38 pm

The Guilty Party wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wait... I've already said this trade is no goodski... but the above statement is more than a bit of a stretch. If you like your players, that's fine but please don't make a statement like THAT.

I think most people would think Brandon Roy is better than Andre Miller. It's no slam on Miller at all. Brandon Roy is just better. Although he plays the 2, he is more like Pippen in that he is a point wing player.
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM

Post#16 » by IggyTheBEaST » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:13 pm

corwin wrote:Philly would never give up T Young in a trade for CV. Adding in a 1st rounder makes it even worse. I also don't think Redd makes enough of a difference to include Miller. Philly passes easily!

Miller Carney and the 1st for Redd and CV is pretty fair imo. Changing Carney to Thaddeous is what makes it a hang up for philly.

Return to Trades and Transactions