Randolph to Milwaukee???

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,333

Post#21 » by DanTown8587 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:48 pm

3 teamer:
New York gets CV, Simmons, Bonzi, Snyder
Houston gets: Zach Randolph, Michael Redd, Gadzuric, Chandler
MIL Gets: McGrady, Battier, Francis, Hayes, Jones
TripleDouble
Senior
And1: 19

Post#22 » by TripleDouble » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:26 pm

For the record, all the media and insiders here in Milwaukee have laughed off this report that Randoph in coming here (reguardless of who it would be for). It makes no sense on allot of different levels (team roster, bad charater in Mil, and a very image conscious owner).
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#23 » by drj » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:30 am

As a NYK fan I'd love to ship Randolph out of town, but I don't see Mil being interested...
Fairest deal I can see (w/o bringing in a third team) would be:

Randolph and F.Jones
for
Simmons Gadzuric and Villanueva
#1knickfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#24 » by #1knickfan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:03 am

drj wrote:As a NYK fan I'd love to ship Randolph out of town, but I don't see Mil being interested...
Fairest deal I can see (w/o bringing in a third team) would be:

Randolph and F.Jones
for
Simmons Gadzuric and Villanueva

Maybe its fair financially but that's about the closest it'll get to being fair for new york. Charlie V and Simmons for Randolph works financially and in some ways makes sense. I would still want more though. Its not like trading Randolph for scraps is going to make the Knicks better than they are now so we can afford to wait a bit to see what else comes along.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#25 » by Smills91 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:40 am

#1knickfan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You wouldn't trade two guys who combined average 20.3 minutes, 3.1 points, 4.4 rebounds a game in exchange for Randolph. And then he has the nerve to bring up money. To top it off the Kings would actually save money until the 3rd season after this deal. Its really pathetic. Hell I wouldn't want Shaq on this team because I think he's done but I would be stupid if I were to say I wouldn't make a deal for him in which we only had to give up Jerome James, Jared Jeffries and Malik Rose. My god, I would think people would be embarrassed to a homer like this and yet this guy is proud of it.

Like I said before...I WOULDN't and a BIG reason why is the 60 some odd million still owed to Zach. His contract sucks, and while he can pad the stats with the best of them, he doesn't do those intangibles that GREAT players do to win ball games. A zach Randolph led team(which is any team that he's on because he doesn't pass the ball once he gets it) will not go ANYWHERE. He doesn't play Defense AT ALL, he doesn't pass the ball AT ALL, and he's a cancer...why would I trade for that unless it was a WORSE contract or character player(and those are hard to come by).
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#26 » by wichmae » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:52 am

RUmor was shot down by Dave Babcock(actually was laughed at)

then this was posted too...

But while speculation runs rabid, HOOPSWORLD has learned the rumors of Randolph to Milwaukee hold no merit.

Two sources close to the Knicks both confirmed today Randolph, who is averaging 17.1 points and 10.4 rebounds per game this season, is not Milwaukee bound. One source noted Randolph "playing with Yi (Jianlian) and (Andrew) Bogut makes no sense," while the other source vehemently questioned Thomas' spotty wheeling-and-dealing history altogether.

But while a trade to Milwaukee may not be in Randolph's future, one source did not rule out that general managers around the league may be asking about Randolph and Chicago could be a more likely fit for Randolph, considering the Bulls need for a low post scoring presence.

Randolph arrived in New York as part of a draft night trade with the Portland Trail Blazers in a packaged deal for Channing Frye. Thomas presented the acquisition of Randolph as his answer to helping the Knicks and Eddy Curry in the post, but with the Knicks abysmal 9-25 record, Thomas' experiment has all but failed in more ways than one.

Randolph has been demoted to the bench already once this season, a move by Thomas Randolph openly questioned through the media, and most recently Randolph was suspended one game for throwing his headband at referee Tony Brother in a Knicks loss last week to Sacramento.

Although Thomas stated the players on his roster are "all untouchable" before the Knicks lost to the visiting Houston Rockets on Wednesday night, he also said "it is safe to say we have our ear to the ground" when a reporter asked where the Knicks are in general trade discussions.

And with the Zach Randolph's recent benching, and on-court antics it's any wonder if Thomas is telling us only as much as we need to know about who is really "untouchable."
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,223

Post#27 » by moocow007 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:44 am

wichmae wrote:RUmor was shot down by Dave Babcock(actually was laughed at)

then this was posted too...

But while speculation runs rabid, HOOPSWORLD has learned the rumors of Randolph to Milwaukee hold no merit.

Two sources close to the Knicks both confirmed today Randolph, who is averaging 17.1 points and 10.4 rebounds per game this season, is not Milwaukee bound. One source noted Randolph "playing with Yi (Jianlian) and (Andrew) Bogut makes no sense," while the other source vehemently questioned Thomas' spotty wheeling-and-dealing history altogether.

But while a trade to Milwaukee may not be in Randolph's future, one source did not rule out that general managers around the league may be asking about Randolph and Chicago could be a more likely fit for Randolph, considering the Bulls need for a low post scoring presence.

Randolph arrived in New York as part of a draft night trade with the Portland Trail Blazers in a packaged deal for Channing Frye. Thomas presented the acquisition of Randolph as his answer to helping the Knicks and Eddy Curry in the post, but with the Knicks abysmal 9-25 record, Thomas' experiment has all but failed in more ways than one.

Randolph has been demoted to the bench already once this season, a move by Thomas Randolph openly questioned through the media, and most recently Randolph was suspended one game for throwing his headband at referee Tony Brother in a Knicks loss last week to Sacramento.

Although Thomas stated the players on his roster are "all untouchable" before the Knicks lost to the visiting Houston Rockets on Wednesday night, he also said "it is safe to say we have our ear to the ground" when a reporter asked where the Knicks are in general trade discussions.

And with the Zach Randolph's recent benching, and on-court antics it's any wonder if Thomas is telling us only as much as we need to know about who is really "untouchable."

Ok...guys!!! Time to start the Randolph to Bulls proposals!!! On your mark! Get Set! Go!!!
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#28 » by #1knickfan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:49 pm

Smills91 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Like I said before...I WOULDN't and a BIG reason why is the 60 some odd million still owed to Zach. His contract sucks, and while he can pad the stats with the best of them, he doesn't do those intangibles that GREAT players do to win ball games. A zach Randolph led team(which is any team that he's on because he doesn't pass the ball once he gets it) will not go ANYWHERE. He doesn't play Defense AT ALL, he doesn't pass the ball AT ALL, and he's a cancer...why would I trade for that unless it was a WORSE contract or character player(and those are hard to come by).

Randolph is owed a little over 60 million over the life of his contract but actually produces. The dynamic duo of Shareef Abdul Rahim and Kenny Thomas are owed a combined 42 million over the lives of their contracts and don't produce. So essentially the Kings are paying for an extra year for a player who is literally at least 5 times as productive as the two turds he would be traded for. So please stop lying to yourself and to me by trying to make it seem like you would have a good reason for turning down that deal the Knicks would never ever make because you don't. Once again, I have never seen someone so proud to be a homer in my entire life.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,223

Post#29 » by moocow007 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:02 pm

Smills and knickfan...please cut the back and forth out. I know you guys hate each other but you're dragging everyone else down with this!!!!

Return to Trades and Transactions