BOS/NOP - Minor Move

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,754

Re: BOS/NOP - Minor Move 

Post#21 » by Smitty731 » Sun Feb 7, 2016 12:13 am

Golabki wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:
Golabki wrote:Gordon is not good and the celtics are overloaded with guards - I think he's a DNP for a lot of celtics games

Considering this bumps Turner to primarily playing as the backup SF and adds a better shooter than almost anyone else on the roster, I'd have to disagree. He wouldn't be a huge impact, but it is definitely worth the gamble.

Turner already is playing "primarily back up 3"

Offensively he's more of a PG. That probably wouldn't change. But the main point is that Jerebko still sees too many SF minutes. This would remove that.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#22 » by pelifan » Sun Feb 7, 2016 1:26 am

I don't understand why Boston fans wouldn't want to do this. you're getting a 20mpg (or mo player who can be valuable in the playoffs with shooting for nothing. Why would the Pels do it when they pretty much get nothing? Because they have nothing to play for at this point. And he's definitely walking after this year.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 22,018

Post#23 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Feb 7, 2016 1:32 am

pelifan wrote:I don't understand why Boston fans wouldn't want to do this. you're getting a 20mpg (or mo player who can be valuable in the playoffs with shooting for nothing. Why would the Pels do it when they pretty much get nothing? Because they have nothing to play for at this point. And he's definitely walking after this year.

Two second round picks in the early to mid 30's are actually quite valuable. If the Pelicans want to take a couple of Boston's own second rounders, top 55 protected, that's fine with me. Gordon can log the DNP-CDs instead of Lee. Tbe problem is that Gordon is not nearly good enough defensively to be a rotation player in Boston. It's Lee's problem too, and it's why he has been kicked out of the rotation by Jonas Jerebko.

Pointless deal, and horrible for Boston if they have to give up the Minny picks.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit

Return to Trades and Transactions