Buddy Returns to the Pels - what would it take?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

MKWB
Sixth Man
And1: 627

Buddy Returns to the Pels - what would it take? 

Post#1 » by MKWB » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:04 pm

If Kings explore moving Buddy amidst contract disagreements, what would it take for them to accept a trade from the Pelicans?

Would Ingram be needed in return? Pels could offer multiple 1sts if they really thought Hield could be the perfect 3pt compliment to a Lonzo/Zion core. NAW included could help get a deal done, but Pels probably really high on him.

Hart, Frank Jackson, Pels 1st, future Lakers 1st.
for
Hield

Zion/Favors/Okafor/Hayes
Ingram/ Melli
Jrue/ Kenrich/Miller
Hield/ Moore
Lonzo/ NAW
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,826

Re: Buddy Returns to the Pels - what would it take? 

Post#2 » by Colbinii » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:10 pm

It would take two words.

Cap Space.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#3 » by Crives » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:25 pm

Probably not Ingram... good chance he wants the big $ too...

Probably NAW + 2-3 1sts
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#4 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:44 pm

I don't see the fit for NO. I mean, Buddy is great so clearly he would fit, but in terms of personnel they have Holiday / Reddick / Hartat SG right now with Ball / NAW also able to play there.

Your trade moves Holiday and Ingram way out of position, and good luck to Zion guarding centers. Even with his generational athleticism, he isn't going to be maximized there.

There are guys NO could target with their assets, but they are almost uniquely SF's IMO.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#5 » by sacking123 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:05 pm

MKWB wrote:If Kings explore moving Buddy amidst contract disagreements, what would it take for them to accept a trade from the Pelicans?

Would Ingram be needed in return? Pels could offer multiple 1sts if they really thought Hield could be the perfect 3pt compliment to a Lonzo/Zion core. NAW included could help get a deal done, but Pels probably really high on him.

Hart, Frank Jackson, Pels 1st, future Lakers 1st.
for
Hield

Zion/Favors/Okafor/Hayes
Ingram/ Melli
Jrue/ Kenrich/Miller
Hield/ Moore
Lonzo/ NAW

Not that Buddy fits NOP but it would take a fair bit more than Ingram IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#6 » by Mamba4Goat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:06 pm

Unless it's part of a three teamer where a more ideal SF/C goes to NO for Holiday and whatever plus Ingram goes to Sac then I can't see a deal.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#7 » by becorz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:12 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:Unless it's part of a three teamer where a more ideal SF/C goes to NO for Holiday and whatever plus Ingram goes to Sac then I can't see a deal.

Not that the Pels would trade him anyway, but I find it really hard to imagine anyone trading for Ingram as the centerpiece of a trade right now with the blood clot issue. Sure, the Pels traded for him but he was a piece of a multi piece deal. As the headliner, that is a tough one.

But the NBA teams might have better medical reports than we do (in fact, I know they do), so I might be wrong.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#8 » by Mamba4Goat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:37 pm

becorz wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:Unless it's part of a three teamer where a more ideal SF/C goes to NO for Holiday and whatever plus Ingram goes to Sac then I can't see a deal.

Not that the Pels would trade him anyway, but I find it really hard to imagine anyone trading for Ingram as the centerpiece of a trade right now with the blood clot issue. Sure, the Pels traded for him but he was a piece of a multi piece deal. As the headliner, that is a tough one.

But the NBA teams might have better medical reports than we do (in fact, I know they do), so I might be wrong.

I can't remember where I saw it, but I remember seeing that Ingram is off his pills and ready to go. If he was a risk like Bosh, I don't think he would be playing. I think his blood clots are being overstated as nobody knows enough medically to understand them.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#9 » by dakomish23 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:39 pm

They need to make a consolidation deal so I like the idea. But they’re stacked at the guard positions.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#10 » by Resistance » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:46 pm

Hield and Bogdan Bogdanovic need new contracts. Swapping Hield for Ingram doesn't help Sacramento get clarity on their team salary for next season since Ingram will need a new contract as well.

Return to Trades and Transactions