per Woelfel: MCW and Monroe available (Post your trades HERE)

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,754

Re: per Woelfel: MCW and Monroe available (Post your trades HERE) 

Post#121 » by Smitty731 » Fri Feb 5, 2016 5:23 pm

pacers33granger wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:
buckboy wrote:
Sadly, I think that's the list of power forwards he'd be excellent next to. The weirdest one ever. :-?

There are a few more more. Davis, Ibaka, Draymond Green, and Cousins off the top of my head. Not a super long list, but there are a few.

If we continue to play Turner at PF he could be a good fit next to Monroe. That said, I personally have no interest in Monroe on the Pacers. Turner could cover for Monroe on defense and primarily plays in the mid range area on offense.

Good point. I actually kind of like Monroe for the Pacers, but I'm not sure what they could send back that would interest the Bucks.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,667

Post#122 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Feb 5, 2016 5:27 pm

Smitty731 wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:
There are a few more more. Davis, Ibaka, Draymond Green, and Cousins off the top of my head. Not a super long list, but there are a few.

If we continue to play Turner at PF he could be a good fit next to Monroe. That said, I personally have no interest in Monroe on the Pacers. Turner could cover for Monroe on defense and primarily plays in the mid range area on offense.

Good point. I actually kind of like Monroe for the Pacers, but I'm not sure what they could send back that would interest the Bucks.

Well, the idea of Knight back to the Bucks has already been floated, so its probably time someone suggests Monta?
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#123 » by pacers33granger » Fri Feb 5, 2016 5:27 pm

Smitty731 wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:

Matching salaries would be the big issue. I'd be shocked if the Bucks wanted anything to do with Monta again. So Stuckey would have to be included, which makes it really tough because I'd assume the Bucks would want compensation for taking him, which we wouldn't want to give.

Stuckey/Bud/JHill for Monroe/filler works salary wise, but I doubt we'd include a first or prospect, so no way I see the Bucks taking that. Like I said though, I personally don't have much interest in Monroe in Indy, but he could be a good fit.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,949

Post#124 » by buckboy » Fri Feb 5, 2016 5:30 pm

Golabki wrote: Giannis hasn't taken a step forward this year

Ummmm..........you need to watch more Bucks games. He's exceeded my unrealistic expectations. In 2 years he's going to shoot 35% from 3, and then you have a superstar.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
buckboy
RealGM

Post#125 » by buckboy » Fri Feb 5, 2016 5:33 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:

Well, the idea of Knight back to the Bucks has already been floated, so its probably time someone suggests Monta?

And to think I used to like you.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 373

Post#126 » by Euphonetiks » Fri Feb 5, 2016 5:40 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:Monroe and Mayo for Ajinca, Tyreke, and Anderson. I've always thought Monroe/AD was a perfect pairing.

Honestly, what center is AD not a perfect pairing for?

Asik.

You can think of a better PF to put next to Asik?
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 584

Post#127 » by bdpecore » Fri Feb 5, 2016 5:45 pm

Euphonetiks wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:
Honestly, what center is AD not a perfect pairing for?

Asik.

I think its more of a "I can't think of a single starting lineup where I would be happy Asik is in".
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 373

Post#128 » by Euphonetiks » Fri Feb 5, 2016 5:52 pm

bdpecore wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:
Asik.

I think its more of a "I can't think of a single starting lineup where I would be happy Asik is in".

Right, but everyone keeps saying AD is the perfect PF to put next to Monroe. What I am saying is that AD is basically the perfect PF to put next to any C. Just because we have a PF who could maybe mask Monroe's negatives (or any other C's), does not mean that Monroe is a good fit for our team. It just means that our team is a good fit for Monroe.

If the goal is to maximize Monroe's individual production, the Pelicans are a good fit. If the goal is to make the team significantly better, then I think Monroe is a poor fit.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 584

Post#129 » by bdpecore » Fri Feb 5, 2016 5:58 pm

Euphonetiks wrote:
bdpecore wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:

Right, but everyone keeps saying AD is the perfect PF to put next to Monroe. What I am saying is that AD is basically the perfect PF to put next to any C. Just because we have a PF who could maybe mask Monroe's negatives (or any other C's), does not mean that Monroe is a good fit for our team. It just means that our team is a good fit for Monroe.

If the goal is to maximize Monroe's individual production, the Pelicans are a good fit. If the goal is to make the team significantly better, then I think Monroe is a poor fit.

Monroe does offer good value through his low post scoring and rebounding. Unfortunately, when paired with Parker his defensive inefficiencies are even more glaring. It all depends on which GM's value the pros Greg offers over his cons.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,416

Post#130 » by drosestruts » Fri Feb 5, 2016 6:06 pm

Trade between Minnesota and Milwaukee:

Ricky Rubio, Gorgui Dieng and Andrian Payne for Monroe and MCW.

Milwaukee:

Rubio/Vasquez/Ennis
Middleton/Vaughn/Bayless
Giannis/Mayo
Parker/Payne
Dieng/Henson/Plumlee

Rubio is a better passer than MCW, can help get the ball to players where they can score. Dieng is a more mobile, defensive center which the Bucks needs.

Minnesota:

MCW/Miller/Jones
Wiggins/LaVine/Martin
Muhammed/Prince
KAT/Bjelica
Monroe/Garnett/Pekovic

KAT and Monroe make a nice pairing up front and MCW like Rubio is a taller point guard who can't shoot. MCW can drive better than Rubio but doesn't pass as well.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#131 » by buckboy » Fri Feb 5, 2016 6:34 pm

drosestruts wrote:Trade between Minnesota and Milwaukee:

Milwaukee:

Rubio/Vasquez/Ennis
Middleton/Vaughn/Bayless
Giannis/Mayo
Parker/Payne
Dieng/Henson/Plumlee

Rubio is a better passer than MCW, can help get the ball to players where they can score. Dieng is a more mobile, defensive center which the Bucks needs.

Minnesota:

MCW/Miller/Jones
Wiggins/LaVine/Martin
Muhammed/Prince
KAT/Bjelica
Monroe/Garnett/Pekovic

KAT and Monroe make a nice pairing up front and MCW like Rubio is a taller point guard who can't shoot. MCW can drive better than Rubio but doesn't pass as well.

Not that there's any chance Rubio is being traded to Milwaukee, but there has been some discussion on our board anyway. I've always thought that Rubio's "shooting" would impede the growth of our offense, but the more I think about it, the more I think Rubio's ability to put guys in a position to succeed would more than make up for it.

Having said all that, I can't think of a reason why Minnesota would want Monroe. They haven't fooled themselves into thinking they're good like we did.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,418

Post#132 » by MiltownHawkeye » Fri Feb 5, 2016 6:35 pm

Milwaukee:

Rubio/Vasquez/Ennis
Middleton/Vaughn/Bayless
Giannis/Mayo
Parker/Payne
Dieng/Henson/Plumlee

Minnesota:

MCW/Miller/Jones
Wiggins/LaVine/Martin
Muhammed/Prince
KAT/Bjelica
Monroe/Garnett/Pekovic

Si senor.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,416

Post#133 » by drosestruts » Fri Feb 5, 2016 6:41 pm

buckboy wrote:

Milwaukee:

Rubio/Vasquez/Ennis
Middleton/Vaughn/Bayless
Giannis/Mayo
Parker/Payne
Dieng/Henson/Plumlee

Minnesota:

MCW/Miller/Jones
Wiggins/LaVine/Martin
Muhammed/Prince
KAT/Bjelica
Monroe/Garnett/Pekovic

Not that there's any chance Rubio is being traded to Milwaukee, but there has been some discussion on our board anyway. I've always thought that Rubio's "shooting" would impede the growth of our offense, but the more I think about it, the more I think Rubio's ability to put guys in a position to succeed would more than make up for it.

Having said all that, I can't think of a reason why Minnesota would want Monroe. They haven't fooled themselves into thinking they're good like we did.

Add another high draft pick to a core of MCW-LaVine-Wiggins-KAt-Monroe and the TWolves could be good as soon as next year.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#134 » by M-C-G » Fri Feb 5, 2016 6:42 pm

buckboy wrote:

Milwaukee:

Rubio/Vasquez/Ennis
Middleton/Vaughn/Bayless
Giannis/Mayo
Parker/Payne
Dieng/Henson/Plumlee

Minnesota:

MCW/Miller/Jones
Wiggins/LaVine/Martin
Muhammed/Prince
KAT/Bjelica
Monroe/Garnett/Pekovic

I've always thought that Rubio's "shooting" would impede the growth of our offense, but the more I think about it, the more I think Rubio's ability to put guys in a position to succeed would more than make up for it.

This is because I keep saying it and now subliminally it is registering !
buckboy
RealGM

Post#135 » by buckboy » Fri Feb 5, 2016 6:45 pm

I always considered that value to be there. Man, would we have a terrilble shooting team though. The key is getting Giannis and Parker to develop. That's by far the most important thing. And I think Rubio would assist that greatly.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#136 » by M-C-G » Fri Feb 5, 2016 6:49 pm

buckboy wrote:I always considered that value to be there. Man, would we have a terrilble shooting team though. The key is getting Giannis and Parker to develop. That's by far the most important thing. And I think Rubio would assist that greatly.

Yeah, I am just messing around...shooting would be bad, defense would be better and I think the uptick in transition game and even PnR lobs would make up a lot of the difference.
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#137 » by Saul Goodman » Fri Feb 5, 2016 6:50 pm

Monroe would be perfect for Minnesota
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#138 » by moocow007 » Fri Feb 5, 2016 8:23 pm

bdpecore wrote:Bucks are looking for either picks or young assets who will fit next to Giannis, Parker and Middleton. Preferably a PG or C but realistically any decent assets who can defend rebound and/or shoot.

MCW and a future 2nd for Kyle O'Quinn and Jerian Grant?
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,009

Post#139 » by Prez » Fri Feb 5, 2016 8:28 pm

moocow007 wrote:
bdpecore wrote:Bucks are looking for either picks or young assets who will fit next to Giannis, Parker and Middleton. Preferably a PG or C but realistically any decent assets who can defend rebound and/or shoot.

Easy yes. Unless Grant turned into a chucking idiot and I just didn't notice.

Come to think of it, why do you want to trade Grant?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#140 » by moocow007 » Fri Feb 5, 2016 8:34 pm

Milbuck wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Easy yes. Unless Grant turned into a chucking idiot and I just didn't notice.

Come to think of it, why do you want to trade Grant?

He's not been the greatest fit in the Triangle. He's best suited in a pick and roll type offense where the team runs a bit more up and down the floor so he can utilize his quickness better. He's not the best in terms of creating shots for himself in a half court.

Return to Trades and Transactions