per Woelfel: MCW and Monroe available (Post your trades HERE)

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 585

Re: per Woelfel: MCW and Monroe available (Post your trades HERE) 

Post#141 » by bdpecore » Fri Feb 5, 2016 8:35 pm

moocow007 wrote:
bdpecore wrote:Bucks are looking for either picks or young assets who will fit next to Giannis, Parker and Middleton. Preferably a PG or C but realistically any decent assets who can defend rebound and/or shoot.

MCW and a future 2nd for Kyle O'Quinn and Jerian Grant?

Add me to the "yes" column from the Bucks perspective.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#142 » by H2tObes » Fri Feb 5, 2016 8:35 pm

That offers an easy no from me, Grant is 23 and has been beyond terrible this season.
Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,393

Post#143 » by Jody Smokz » Fri Feb 5, 2016 9:10 pm

Considering LA has 60M in cap there really isn't a reason to trade a quality low contract like Lou for Jennings. They could always stretch Young if they need a bit of extra room as well.

VIPER8382 wrote:Pelicans Receive: Monroe, Mayo, Meeks
Pistons Receive: Anderson, Williams, Young
Bucks Receive: Gordon, Cole, 2016 Pistons 1st (top 3 protected)
Lakers Receive: Jennings, Tolliver

The Pelicans have the perfect player to fit next to Monroe in Davis, so they basically turn the expiring Anderson and eating Meeks into a chance to see if Monroe and Davis can be as god of a big man tandem as I suspect. If so the Pelicans will be very, very interesting.

The Pistons make a push for a run at the playoffs by getting a legit scorer off the bench along with upgrading to Anderson in the starting line up which allows Ilyasova to move to the bench to give them great depth. The cost for this is their 1st along with having to eat Young's deal.

The Bucks turn Monroe into a decent 1st and pursue a better build next off season.

The Lakers decide to swing for the fences for 2016 free agency by freeing up over $12 million in additional cap room.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,952

Post#144 » by buckboy » Fri Feb 5, 2016 9:23 pm

H2tObes wrote:That offers an easy no from me, Grant is 23 and has been beyond terrible this season.

Agree. I never liked Grant and he certainly hasn't done anything to change my mind. I'm not giving up MCW for Kyle O'Quinn, even though I like him.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,724

Post#145 » by Meat » Fri Feb 5, 2016 9:23 pm

Golabki wrote:Giannis hasn't taken a step forward this year

he has though, he's taken 4 steps forward. he just got called for travelling
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#146 » by bleeds_purple » Fri Feb 5, 2016 9:35 pm

Euphonetiks wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:
Honestly, what center is AD not a perfect pairing for?

Asik.

You can think of a better PF to put next to Asik?

Draymond
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#147 » by Dcebucks11 » Fri Feb 5, 2016 9:41 pm

Golabki wrote:Are Monroe and MCW taking the fall for the fact that Giannis hasn't taken a step forward this year and Parker just SUCKS right now?

I'm not the biggest Giannis homer, Bucks fans hate me for being realistic about him but this is stupid.. Giannis has improved every year including this year and doing this on a team that's focused on spreading out the scoring.. Once he stops improving than maybe that comment is valid, until than it's stupid..

And Parker barely gets the ball, usage is spared on this offense and Monroe / MCW have the ball a lot in their hands while Middleton takes a ton of shots and Giannis has to get the ball too.. Jabaris looks have been sacrificed

Have Monroe and MCW taken a step forward?
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,054

Post#148 » by Magic Giannison » Fri Feb 5, 2016 9:45 pm

Meat wrote:

I have noticed that on many Knicks fans saying this. Are you guys having some kind of paranoia seeing Giannis traveling all the time?
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 585

Post#149 » by bdpecore » Fri Feb 5, 2016 9:46 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
Meat wrote:

I have noticed that on many Knicks fans saying this. Are you guys having some kind of paranoia seeing Giannis traveling all the time?

Ummm....they are called euro steps and usually he only needs two to get from the arc to the basket.
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#150 » by Magic Giannison » Fri Feb 5, 2016 9:47 pm

Golabki wrote:Are Monroe and MCW taking the fall for the fact that Giannis hasn't taken a step forward this year and Parker just SUCKS right now?

Lol, Giannis has made the biggest step in this team, all his stats are improved and he is playing on a team that is badly fit around him without any spacing whatsoever.
You need to watch some Bucks games before you start commenting about him.
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#151 » by Magic Giannison » Fri Feb 5, 2016 9:49 pm

bdpecore wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
Meat wrote:

Ummm....they are called euro steps and usually he only needs two to get from the arc to the basket.

Im pretty sure they do not bother with gathering step as well and all they see him traveling...
Its like Giannis done something to them and they are lashing on him :lol:
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#152 » by H2tObes » Fri Feb 5, 2016 9:51 pm

If Giannis gets a traveling call its usually for moving his feet before his dribble
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,959

Post#153 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Feb 5, 2016 11:38 pm

M-C-G wrote:
dbrandon wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gshznmp

Monroe/Adams
Ibaka/Collison/McGary
Durant/Roberson/Singler
Westbrook/Morrow
MCW/Payne

Henson/Plumlee
Kanter/Parker
Ante.../Cope
Waiters/Vazquez
Augustine/Bayless

Monroe is a better player in the low post, and a better passer, he will do better with a star-studded case. Mayo will thrive in his ideal role as 6th man, Westbrook slides to a more natural 2-guard spot.

Kanter and Henson pair well, EK can't protect the paint, but can guard opposing centers, shoot with range, score in the paint well if needed. Henson has limited range, but provides good defense, rebounding.

Your rotations are pretty far off, but I don't hate it for OKC. Have a hard time seeing why MIL does it though.

Awful

--------

Beyond Awful

---------

This trade offer

Kanter is a better fit that Monroe due to range. That is one good reason for MIL doing it. Waiters I think could be more interesting in terms of potential compared to OJ Mayo who is a finished product. Should there be compensation added to make up for MCW? Maybe, though it's hard to say what his value is. ROY, but has he improved? What teams would he start on ? (aside for PG starved Knicks). OKC would only fit if they can move a dif point guard to 2-guard (their weakest position)
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#154 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 5, 2016 11:46 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:Kanter is a better fit that Monroe due to range. That is one good reason for MIL doing it. Waiters I think could be more interesting in terms of potential compared to OJ Mayo who is a finished product. Should there be compensation added to make up for MCW? Maybe, though it's hard to say what his value is. ROY, but has he improved? What teams would he start on ? (aside for PG starved Knicks). OKC would only fit if they can move a dif point guard to 2-guard (their weakest position)

Kanter isn't any better of a fit than Monroe and Waiters is hot garbage. There's not a chance the Bucks do it.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#155 » by Magic Giannison » Fri Feb 5, 2016 11:56 pm

No way in hell im giving Monroe for Kanter, like 0 chance for ever happening.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,959

Post#156 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 12:03 am

trwi7 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:Kanter is a better fit that Monroe due to range. That is one good reason for MIL doing it. Waiters I think could be more interesting in terms of potential compared to OJ Mayo who is a finished product. Should there be compensation added to make up for MCW? Maybe, though it's hard to say what his value is. ROY, but has he improved? What teams would he start on ? (aside for PG starved Knicks). OKC would only fit if they can move a dif point guard to 2-guard (their weakest position)

Kanter isn't any better of a fit than Monroe and Waiters is hot garbage. There's not a chance the Bucks do it.

disagree on fit, but I can come around to your view of DW
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,013

Post#157 » by Village Idiot » Sat Feb 6, 2016 8:19 pm

M-C-G wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Jon1798 wrote:New Orleans would love Monroe. I've said this plenty, but Greg is a local kid. I saw him at a few Hornets games back when he was at Georgetown. He and AD complimented each other nicely for team USA. I'm just not sure what deal would work and if NO would really be heading in the right direction. Truth is AD is not a great defender. And Asik is a very large contract if we are talking backup.

But if the price is right, I am on board no doubt.

I'd have to imagine Asik is in the out box if this deal happens? I mean Evans and Asik for Monroe wouldn't be okay for both clubs.

I'm not taking back Asik or Evans...Ship them to the a third team if we are dealing here.

Milwaukee trades:

Monroe

Milwaukee receives:

Myers Leonard

The Bucks get a 3 pt shooting center who will be a restricted free-agent and cut $13 million or get a TPE of the same amount.

New Orleans trades:

Tyreke Evans
Alexis Ajinca

New Orleans receives:

Greg Monroe
Allen Crabbe

The Pelicans get Monroe who is a nice compliment to AD and as a local a good marketing asset. Crabbe provides much needed 3pt shooting.

Portland trades:

Myers Leonard
Allen Crabbe

Portland receives:

Tyreke Evans
Alexis Ajinca

I think Evans would be a very good fit alongside either or both McCollum and Lillard. Portland even saves some money in moving up towards the salary floor.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,700

Post#158 » by LuessiT » Sat Feb 6, 2016 10:10 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
I'd have to imagine Asik is in the out box if this deal happens? I mean Evans and Asik for Monroe wouldn't be okay for both clubs.

I'm not taking back Asik or Evans...Ship them to the a third team if we are dealing here.

Milwaukee trades:

Monroe

Milwaukee receives:

Myers Leonard

The Bucks get a 3 pt shooting center who will be a restricted free-agent and cut $13 million or get a TPE of the same amount.

New Orleans trades:

Tyreke Evans
Alexis Ajinca

New Orleans receives:

Greg Monroe
Allen Crabbe

The Pelicans get Monroe who is a nice compliment to AD and as a local a good marketing asset. Crabbe provides much needed 3pt shooting.

Portland trades:

Myers Leonard
Allen Crabbe

Portland receives:

Tyreke Evans
Alexis Ajinca

I think Evans would be a very good fit alongside either or both McCollum and Lillard. Portland even saves some money in moving up towards the salary floor.

If we were ready to trade Monroe we'd get much more for Monroe than Leonard. If we wanted Leonard, we'd throw money at him in RFA.

Return to Trades and Transactions