Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,971

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1641 » by Diop » Fri May 10, 2024 2:19 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
NYG wrote:C) A lot of fan bases have unrealistic expectations for players likely to be traded this off-season

Look, I'm telling you, Tim Hardaway Jr definitely is worth a lottery pick(I mean this is the worst draft ever). Might be worth a bit more honestly. And if Dallas is willing to include Dwight Powell we are probably talking about a top 3 pick. But Dwight is basically Mr. Maverick so he requires a huge overpay. You know he's worth more to us than you, but you still need to pay the more to us price.

Counter offer, Luka Doncic originally cost a number 3 pick, Charlotte will trade their 2024 top 3 pick and sign and traded Miles Bridges for Luka.

YOU CANT SAY NO TO THAT VALUE!!!
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,004

Re: Thoughts in General, Random Rumors and Musings, Blah Blah 14.0 Eddie Najera Edicion 

Post#1642 » by jayu70 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:43 am

The Hawks have a TPE worth $23.01 million they can use to add much needed depth.

Which teams are looking to move salary that has a contributing player(s) they need to move to:
1. Clear capspace (to sign a FA)
2. Avoid the Luxury Tax
3. Reduce their tax bill
4. At 1st apron but looking to avoid the 2nd Apron
5. Get below the 2nd Apron
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,517

Post#1643 » by Godaddycurse » Fri May 10, 2024 2:46 am

jayu70 wrote:The Hawks have a TPE worth $23.01 million they can use to add much needed depth.

Which teams are looking to move salary that has a contributing player(s) they need to move to:
2. Avoid the Luxury Tax
3. Reduce their tax bill

Atlanta is basically at the tax line themselves, i highly doubt the owner will agree to relieve another team of the tax only to enter it themselves.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,004

Post#1644 » by jayu70 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:12 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
jayu70 wrote:The Hawks have a TPE worth $23.01 million they can use to add much needed depth.

2. Avoid the Luxury Tax
3. Reduce their tax bill

Atlanta is basically at the tax line themselves, i highly doubt the owner will agree to relieve another team of the tax only to enter it themselves.

Assume the Hawks make other moves.
Example: they've traded Capela's expiring contract and generated a new TPE.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,667

Post#1645 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri May 10, 2024 3:50 am

jayu70 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

2. Avoid the Luxury Tax
3. Reduce their tax bill

Assume the Hawks make other moves.
Example: they've traded Capela's expiring contract and generated a new TPE.

Probably best possible player for something like that is John Collins. {Technically he doesn't fit into 23m, but if we are assuming other moves than the other moves can. use the TPE and take him into matching}

If you want to debate whether Duncan Robinson is positive or negative value, that is an option too.
Maybe Portland has a player that fits that also. Or an injured Knick.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,591

Post#1646 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:17 pm

Has anyone gotten jerked around more than this guy? Sarver made him come out and make a statement about his character before any of all this even started.

Read on Twitter
kds92
Pro Prospect
And1: 707

Post#1647 » by kds92 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:53 pm

^Maybe a former Pistons PG will just slide right in. And another former Pistons PG might just slide into the vacant coaching gig.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#1648 » by cgf » Fri May 10, 2024 4:10 pm

NotACat wrote:
cgf wrote:
NotACat wrote:I can't see Orlando breaking up Paolo and Franz - they mesh together so well in terms of talent and personalities. I think they can find a floor spacing guard without breaking up Paolo, Franz, and Suggs.

Fair enough. I'm still really high on Garland so feel like you're underselling him by calling him just a floor spacing guard. In a vacuum I rate DG more than Franz...despite Franz having the cooler passport...I just think Garland needs a change of scenery if Mitchell is sticking around and the Cavs could desperately use a big wing like Franz, so the fit would make up for the value gap.

But I may just be higher on Garland than the consensus.

Calling him just a floor spacing guard does do him a great disservice. I also believe he is truly valuable, I just Graland would be great to have WITH Suggs, Paolo, and Franz. With Garland, we would be looking for another starting quality forward that meshes well with Paolo which is putting the Magic right back into this position.

That's reasonable. I guess I just feel like you'd still be a big and physical team with Suggs at the POA + Paolo next to WCJ/Mo/Goga, even with Garland coming in...and with Isaac / Houstan / Howard / Black you could already have a solution for that 5th spot in house. So in my mind you would not really be losing those strengths you've already got to supplement your weaknesses.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,612

Post#1649 » by mademan » Fri May 10, 2024 4:14 pm

Giddey is almost certainly gone this summer, right? I would guess the Thunder are targeting a wing or a C. They could trade him for cap and a 1st from a team like Utah and price the Knicks out of Hartenstein, who i think would be the perfect FC partner to Chet. Trade Giddey's lack of spacing for IH, but get rim protection and rebounding for it
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,965

Post#1650 » by K_chile22 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:33 pm

Jonathan Feigen, most locked in local beat guy, said the rockets offered the nets picks back to BKN for the Suns picks. Seems they want to kick the can down the road a bit on these picks
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,140

Post#1651 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 10, 2024 6:16 pm

K_chile22 wrote:Jonathan Feigen, most locked in local beat guy, said the rockets offered the nets picks back to BKN for the Suns picks. Seems they want to kick the can down the road a bit on these picks

Trusting chile's trust of this guy, just going to eat a bit of crow as I'm certain I was dismissive of ideas about this but I know people posted them because this board loves for teams to trade for their own picks back so they can tank.

but more importantly than me being an idiot, is seeing the influence of Presti here.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#1652 » by K_chile22 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:39 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:Jonathan Feigen, most locked in local beat guy, said the rockets offered the nets picks back to BKN for the Suns picks. Seems they want to kick the can down the road a bit on these picks

Trusting chile's trust of this guy, just going to eat a bit of crow as I'm certain I was dismissive of ideas about this but I know people posted them because this board loves for teams to trade for their own picks back so they can tank.

but more importantly than me being an idiot, is seeing the influence of Presti here.

Feigen has been the local beat guy for the chronical since.. forever lol he's legit even if sometimes a bit of a mouthpiece... but tbf apparently the nets either said no to the getting their picks back trade or there was more to it than a simple picks for picks swap that made things fall apart
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 858

Post#1653 » by tester551 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:45 pm

No further details?

Were they talking about the '24 #9 pick being traded for say the '29 PHX pick? I'm guessing Houston would be looking for a pick swap or two in addition to that.

I can definitely see why Nets would turn it down.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,691

Post#1654 » by jayjaysee » Fri May 10, 2024 8:37 pm

Random bad idea after watching last nights game..

Is Giddey’s value low enough that THJ, 2025 first with… Prosper, 2nds, 2026 swap gets it done?

Back to opening the MLE for Dallas. And Giddey is the bench offensive playmaker (even if you call him a starter).. Dallas hopes that Lively/Giddey develop while Kai is still a top “20” type player..

I feel like that’s a terrible deal for OKC, but can’t tell if I’m off with how he’s viewed here..seems like most have given up on him, but I see a 21 year old that could put on 10-20 pounds and impact games..

If thats not enough like I think.. do you add a protected 2031 first? How protected can it be since there’s no roll over option? Can it be protected enough that Dallas trades the other side as an asset some time later/future years? Way top 16 protected? Then Dallas can trade it top 1-“3” and 17-… etc..?

Oh well.
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 858

Post#1655 » by tester551 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:20 pm

tester551 wrote:

No further details?

Were they talking about the '24 #9 pick being traded for say the '29 PHX pick? I'm guessing Houston would be looking for a pick swap or two in addition to that.

On the PHX board, there was a discussion about the 2nd apron.

Suns might hit the criteria of being over the 2nd apron 3 time in the last 5 years by the '26 draft (23'-24, '24-25, & '25-26) -> meaning their picks are sent to the end of the first round.

I think that would immediately impact the trade value of the future PHX picks (specifically the '27 pick and '28 swap). Potentially the '29 pick too.

***Does anyone know if I'm interpreting this correctly?***

Maybe it was the Rockets looking at that potential, & turned down the swap with the Nets...
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#1656 » by K_chile22 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:55 pm

tester551 wrote:
tester551 wrote:

No further details?

Suns might hit the criteria of being over the 2nd apron 3 time in the last 5 years by the '26 draft (23'-24, '24-25, & '25-26) -> meaning their picks are sent to the end of the first round.

I think that would immediately impact the trade value of the future PHX picks (specifically the '27 pick and '28 swap). Potentially the '29 pick too.

Maybe it was the Rockets looking at that potential, & turned down the swap with the Nets...
No the ones BKN has will be unaffected it freezes picks 7 years out
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#1657 » by K_chile22 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:56 pm

tester551 wrote:

No further details?

No it's pretty vague. People speculating by combining rumors it was green+all the picks for Mikal+the PHX picks but I think that's just people having fun with slop
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,187

Post#1658 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri May 10, 2024 10:20 pm

tester551 wrote:
tester551 wrote:

No further details?

You are not. Picks will only be frozen as hey come available to trade. There will not be a possibility of a previously traded pick moving to he end of the first round, as picks are frozen from trade until they are either released by being under the appropriate aprons for long enough, or they are moved to the end of the first round (and still frozen).
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,094

Post#1659 » by shangrila » Sat May 11, 2024 12:13 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Has anyone gotten jerked around more than this guy? Sarver made him come out and make a statement about his character before any of all this even started.

Read on Twitter

Right or wrong, his name is on this roster construction. And it's horrible. So hiring someone (hopefully) more competent above him makes sense.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,691

Post#1660 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 11, 2024 12:48 am

So my understanding of the frozen pick is..

You’re over the apron 3 years out of 5, that pick “2032” is frozen. So the 2027-2028 season, you stay over the apron, now both the 2032 and 2023 firsts are frozen. A stacking penalty, not a running 7 year like I originally though.

But my question is..

if that team drops 28-29 and 29-30, does the pick penalty on 32 and 33 go away? It should, but not sure if it does? Doesn’t look like it..

Return to Trades and Transactions