Jabari Parker

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

DeathLineup
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,175

Re: Jabari Parker 

Post#41 » by DeathLineup » Sat Feb 6, 2016 3:34 am

So let's try this. Rank Giannis, Middleton and Parker based on the untouchability.

Should be like this right?
1. Giannis
2. Middleton
3. Parker
#thevillain
GFreak34
Bench Warmer
And1: 203

Post#42 » by GFreak34 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 3:45 am

rio_hm wrote:So let's try this. Rank Giannis, Middleton and Parker based on the untouchability.

1. Giannis
2. Middleton
3. Parker

i guess so, yes.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#43 » by Coeur » Sat Feb 6, 2016 3:45 am

Sure. Trade Parker.

The rest of the league would appreciate it.

I just really want to see the Jazz steal this guy for Derrick favors. (Per 22)
GFreak34
Bench Warmer

Post#44 » by GFreak34 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 4:16 am

Personally i would trade Middleton anytime for a good offer, instead of Parker. I m not a fan of his, still the Buck fans seem to like him a lot.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#45 » by Dcebucks11 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 4:36 am

rio_hm wrote:So let's try this. Rank Giannis, Middleton and Parker based on the untouchability.

1. Giannis
2. Middleton
3. Parker

I don't think any should be untouchable but yes that probably is a fair order.. I think Monroe and MCW should go for better fits first.. Our team has a hard time playing with each other
bs_and_cs
Analyst
And1: 2,843

Post#46 » by bs_and_cs » Sat Feb 6, 2016 5:10 am

Now this is an interesting discussion in my mind.

Parker is pretty much exactly the kind of play Boston needs to add to their rotation. The question is how much would I give up for him? I'm not sure. I wonder what Milwaukee would ask for.
GFreak34
Bench Warmer

Post#47 » by GFreak34 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 5:20 am

I know i ll get a lot of flaming on this, but if i was the Bucks GM i would try like hell for a Griffin trade, involving anything except the Freak. And then go for Whiteside and Lawson (or another solid PG) during the summer.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#48 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 6:23 am

Blazers Receive: Parker + Vasquez

Jazz Receive: Giannis + Plumlee Brothers + Mayo

Bucks Receive: Favors + Hayward + McCollum + Filler from Jazz
C: Monroe
F: Favors
F: Hayward
G: Middleton
G: McCollum

Better starting 5 in East?
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#49 » by KqWIN » Sat Feb 6, 2016 7:15 am

Favors and Hayward for Giannis. Amazing.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,700

Post#50 » by LuessiT » Sat Feb 6, 2016 7:57 am

bs_and_cs wrote:Now this is an interesting discussion in my mind.

Parker is pretty much exactly the kind of play Boston needs to add to their rotation. The question is how much would I give up for him? I'm not sure. I wonder what Milwaukee would ask for.

It would probably take this years BKN pick and then some TBH. I'd be fine with just the BKN pick if you could guarantee us that we'd draft top 3 but the way the draft is structured it's top2 or bust. So BKN pick, a future pick (not BKN) and filler for Parker. Don't think Boston would bite though.
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,175

Post#51 » by DeathLineup » Sat Feb 6, 2016 8:55 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:Blazers Receive: Parker + Vasquez

Jazz fans should call the police straightaway because that deal is a highway robbery.
#thevillain
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,456

Post#52 » by babyjax13 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 9:43 am

M-C-G wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
I'd try to wait for the offseason to do this. But if the Jazz would say 'now or never', I'd probably do it.

Does Dennis Lindsey have any other good skills? I'm asking cause he will be looking for a new place of employment if he accepted this trade as a straight up deal.

I think this deal gets floated because there were rumors pre draft that Utah might be willing to put a package around Favors to get a top pick in the draft, where Jabari was likely their primary target.

I also don't think this is the deal Utah should do, but I think they really should look at moving forward with either Gobert or Favors and then bringing a centerpiece back, whatever that may be.

I saw more rumors about Wiggins than Jabari.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#53 » by babyjax13 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 9:47 am

LOL, maybe you'd get one of Favors or Hayward for Giannis, but not both. Those are our two best players, and both are currently better than Giannis. I'd move Hayward for Giannis, maybe even throw in an asset on top of that because of the age gap, but I would not move Favors for him.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#54 » by H2tObes » Sat Feb 6, 2016 11:58 am

babyjax13 wrote:

LOL, maybe you'd get one of Favors or Hayward for Giannis, but not both. Those are our two best players, and both are currently better than Giannis. I'd move Hayward for Giannis, maybe even throw in an asset on top of that because of the age gap, but I would not move Favors for him.

You realize Giannis is 21 and has gotten dramatically better each season he has been in the league, correct? Take those homer goggles off friend. Favors was putting up 9/7 at .53 TS% when he was 21. Giannis is at 16/7/3, .57 TS% and great defense.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#55 » by babyjax13 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 12:06 pm

H2tObes wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

You realize Giannis is 21 and has gotten dramatically better each season he has been in the league, correct? Take those homer goggles off friend. Favors was putting up 9/7 at .53 TS% when he was 21 to put it in perspective.

And? We just simply aren't trading both of them for Giannis. And I don't think we will move Favors for him because our success as a team is entirely predicated on that strong defensive front-line. I'm not saying Favors is more valuable, just that he is such a tremendous fit for us that it really doesn't make sense to move him for someone that isn't a clear upgrade right now. I'd move Hayward for him, and possibly another asset (Lyles?), and I think that is an entirely fair offer. Feel free to open another thread and see if neutral fans think I'm wrong.

JColl
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#56 » by H2tObes » Sat Feb 6, 2016 12:11 pm

Well, I am not going to make a thread because I consider that an offensive offer for Giannis. I can almost assure you the vast majority of neutral fans on this site would consider that an awful offer for Giannis too. Not trading Favors for Giannis is about as homer as it gets, which is fine. I just think it's funny. Carry on
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#57 » by babyjax13 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 12:52 pm

H2tObes wrote:Well, I am not going to make a thread because I consider that an offensive offer for Giannis. I can almost assure you the vast majority of neutral fans on this site would consider that an awful offer for Giannis too. Not trading Favors for Giannis is about as homer as it gets, which is fine. I just think it's funny. Carry on

:roll:

Hayward should have been an all star and is averaging 20/5/4 on 44/36/83 shooting. He's only 25. Lyles is 20, averaging 5/4/1 on 42/43 shooting as a rookie and finished last month averaging 8/5/1 on 48/46 shooting. That's a lot of value for a player that is yet to establish himself as a star, and quite obviously a lot more value than Favors. But we aren't trading our two best players for one guy that isn't as good as either one (yet). That's not being a homer, it's being realistic about the scenario the Jazz find themselves in. Replace Favors with Giannis and we aren't competing for the playoffs because we rely heavily on that Favors/Gobert front-line. Replace Hayward with Giannis and we see a drop in production, but with Hood's emergence probably still have a good shot at the playoffs and have a nice player to develop. This discussion is really just academic, though, because there is no reason for the Bucks to trade Giannis.

JColl
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#58 » by Coeur » Sat Feb 6, 2016 12:55 pm

H2tObes wrote:Well, I am not going to make a thread because I consider that an offensive offer for Giannis. I can almost assure you the vast majority of neutral fans on this site would consider that an awful offer for Giannis too. Not trading Favors for Giannis is about as homer as it gets, which is fine. I just think it's funny. Carry on

You are calling someone out for being a homer but are offended that someone offers cj McCollum, heyward, and favors for giannes? That is a lot of value given up for potential.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#59 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Feb 6, 2016 12:57 pm

People are underrating favors. Hes only a few years older and is getting better ever year. His contract is among the best in the league for someone on a non rookie deal.

Favors is crazy good value for the jazz. Thryd have to be completely blown away. I think favs is a top 5 (or near it) pf in the league.
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#60 » by H2tObes » Sat Feb 6, 2016 12:59 pm

Coeur wrote:

You are calling someone out for being a homer but are offended that someone offers cj McCollum, heyward, and favors for giannes? That is a lot of value given up for potential.

No, I was offended at the offer Heyward + Lyles for Giannis. Reading comprehension

Return to Trades and Transactions