Draft Night Deal: Mitchell for Green/Brooks/#3/Nets 2026 1st/Rockets 2028 1st

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,837

Re: Draft Night Deal: Mitchell for Green/Brooks/#3/Nets 2026 1st/Rockets 2028 1st 

Post#41 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 23, 2024 3:39 pm

tidho wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
tidho wrote:This is a pretty nice deal for CLE. Definitely a role of the dice on Green specifically. Ideally, we're moving small for big, but I think it's worth a shot to see if Green develops. I'd be pegging him as a heavy minutes 6th man, basically the LeVert role rather than the Mitchell role.

You get to tell Green's agent he's getting a sixth man role, when he could start for other teams, in a contract year.

Okoro is theoretically getting extended this offseason, so if Green needs to stand on the floor for the opening tip, so be it. I'd be looking to use those three as a 3 guard rotation so his primary role would be doing what LeVert does now.

I think that ends with a disgruntled Green forcing his way out and the Cavs getting less value thsn whatever they could get at the time of the trade. Garland and Green are a worse fit than Mitchell and Garland, and Garland isn't going to defer to him the way he did with Mitchell. Also, how are we paying Green next summer?

Okoro shouldn't get more than the Q.O. from the Cavs next summer. If someone offers more than the MLE, I doubt he comes back.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Trades and Transactions