Bjelica officially pulled a DeAndre Jordan, Bjelica to Kings (Shams)

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Re: Bjelica pulled a DeAndre Jordan (Woj) 

Post#61 » by NoZoLakers » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Domejandro wrote:Sucks for Philadelphia fans, but hopefully I can provide clarity for those that are unaware (by paraphrasing Jon Krawcynski).

Nemanja Bjelica gave a verbal agreement to sign the deal, but after discussing it with his wife, decided that he did not want to move his family (six year old daughter, two month old son) to a new city, to then have to move them away after eight months. Because of this, he decided to find a long-term deal in Europe. While doing this, Nemanja Bjelica has received multiple calls from teams, telling him that he should stay in the NBA.

Here is a thread from Minnesota's best reporter from yesterday.
Read on Twitter

Here is his tweet today.
Read on Twitter

there's no excuse thats acceptable if he does sign with another NBA team now.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 28,248

Post#62 » by Domejandro » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:28 pm

BallnIngram wrote:there's no excuse thats acceptable if he does sign with another NBA team now.

Length of contract.
bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#63 » by bigmean » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:28 pm

Enter michael Beasley

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#64 » by becorz » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:31 pm

BallnIngram wrote:there's no excuse thats acceptable if he does sign with another NBA team now.

This is exactly what Hedo Turkoglu did to Portland. Does anyone remember that now? http://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=4305310

I guess my point is that he will piss off some people now, but long term, he should do what's right for his family.

And I honestly hope he doesn't sign with the Kings (as a Kings fan). I don't think he is worth the multi-year deal.
NoZoLakers
General Manager

Post#65 » by NoZoLakers » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:34 pm

Domejandro wrote:

Length of contract.

Ethics, he should get some
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 28,248

Post#66 » by Domejandro » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:34 pm

becorz wrote:

This is exactly what Hedo Turkoglu did to Portland. Does anyone remember that now? http://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=4305310

I guess my point is that he will piss off some people now, but long term, he should do what's right for his family.

And I honestly hope he doesn't sign with the Kings (as a Kings fan). I don't think he is worth the multi-year deal.

Look for a "one-year deal" between the parties (J.J. Reddick style).
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,677

Post#67 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:45 pm

Domejandro wrote:.

If he didn't realize a 1 year deal was for 1 year until after agreeing to it and discussing it with his wife, I have some concerns about his (bb) iq. :lol:

I'm going with the more obvious reason, the opportunity looked less good than when he agreed and thus he backed out. Which I think is fair, although I wish Philly had used that room exception to bring back Noel on a 1 year deal.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,463

Post#68 » by rpa » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:09 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:If he didn't realize a 1 year deal was for 1 year until after agreeing to it and discussing it with his wife, I have some concerns about his (bb) iq. :lol:

Sounds like he's a perfect fit for the Kings!
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,677

Post#69 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:13 pm

Read on Twitter
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,878

Post#70 » by the_process » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:15 pm

Bjelicaā€™s agent: lose Phillyā€™s number. For good.
Lovetron Joe
Rookie
And1: 482

Post#71 » by Lovetron Joe » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:16 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:

If he didn't realize a 1 year deal was for 1 year until after agreeing to it and discussing it with his wife, I have some concerns about his (bb) iq. :lol:

I'm going with the more obvious reason, the opportunity looked less good than when he agreed and thus he backed out. Which I think is fair, although I wish Philly had used that room exception to bring back Noel on a 1 year deal.

Realgm has his agent as Jason Ranne. If that is correct, the Sixers should stay far away from his clients.'

https://basketball.realgm.com/info/agent_clients/Jason-Ranne/785
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 4,072

Re: [Update]Bjelica talking deal with Kings 

Post#72 » by wolves_89 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:44 pm

Bjelica to the Kings makes little sense other than they can offer the most money. Bjelly can play SF in some match-ups but he can't really defend on the perimeter against a lot of NBA wings. I also don't see where he gets minutes as a big with Bagley, Skal, Giles, WCS, Randolph, and Koufos on the roster.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,996

Re: [Update]Bjelica talking deal with Kings 

Post#73 » by RCM88x » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:47 pm

What the hell is happening

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#74 » by FNQ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:22 pm

Lovetron Joe wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Realgm has his agent as Jason Ranne. If that is correct, the Sixers should stay far away from his clients.'

Is it the agent's fault though? Sounds like the player had a change of heart. Agent can't force him to sign with PHI because of the verbal agreement, how bad would that be for his prospects as an agent going forward?

The player is the one signing the contract, making the ultimate call. Bjelica is the toolbag here.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#75 » by BullyKing » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:19 pm

FNQ wrote:
Lovetron Joe wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Is it the agent's fault though? Sounds like the player had a change of heart. Agent can't force him to sign with PHI because of the verbal agreement, how bad would that be for his prospects as an agent going forward?

The player is the one signing the contract, making the ultimate call. Bjelica is the toolbag here.

Pretty much. And restricting yourself from a player that you otherwise think would help your team just because of his agent is hurting yourself more than the agent and certainly more than it is hurting Bjelica.

It sucks but what you gonna do.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,742

Post#76 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:21 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Pretty much. And restricting yourself from a player that you otherwise think would help your team just because of his agent is hurting yourself more than the agent and certainly more than it is hurting Bjelica.

I'm sure the agent is covering himself with the Sixers. And heck he might even drop Bjelica as a client to make it clear to every team that he doesn't approve of agreeing to a deal only to have his client lie about why he ultimately turned it down only to shop himself elsewhere.
ThunderBolt wrote:Iā€™m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you donā€™t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you donā€™t even have to open it and read it. Youā€™re welcome.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,631

Post#77 » by Alatan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:27 pm

BallnIngram wrote:
Domejandro wrote:

Length of contract.

Laker fans should not speak about ethics considering they actively try to rob other teams of players under contract.
NoZoLakers
General Manager

Post#78 » by NoZoLakers » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:31 pm

Alatan wrote:
BallnIngram wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Length of contract.

Laker fans should not speak about ethics considering they actively try to rob other teams of players under contract.

the hate is strong with you....thats called gamimg up the system.....every gm tries to rob another gm, i dont see Ainge getting hated on :lol:
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#79 » by BullyKing » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:32 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

I'm sure the agent is covering himself with the Sixers. And heck he might even drop Bjelica as a client to make it clear to every team that he doesn't approve of agreeing to a deal only to have his client lie about why he ultimately turned it down only to shop himself elsewhere.

For sure. And if the Sixers are understanding about how he's likely very embarrassed but this is out of his control, he's going to speak very highly of the organization to his other clients for the classy way they handled it. Being petty might feel good in the short run but it never helps you out long term.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#80 » by FNQ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:33 pm

Alatan wrote:
BallnIngram wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Length of contract.

We're staying on topic here, no more of this

Return to Trades and Transactions