Brooklyn Off Season Review

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

How'd Brooklyn do?

A
48%
A-
6%
B+
12%
B
9%
B-
3%
C+
6%
C
3%
C-
3%
D
3%
F
6%

Total votes: 33

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Brooklyn Off Season Review 

Post#61 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:33 am

pacers33granger wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
he wont throw fits in brooklyn because the staff will embrace him and he wants to be here and will be with friends and humble guys not egomanicacly young players who think their poop doesnt stink.

I really fail to see how Kyrie was anything but the main issue with that team. Brad couldn't fully handle all the personalities, Hayward caused rifts by being bad, and the young guys wanted theirs, sure, but it started with Kyrie. You're acting like everyone in Boston was pushing him out. You think they didn't embrace him? And if he's only going to be a decent guy if he's playing with friends, then good luck with that, because clearly he's a child.

Kyrie handled it awful... and did nothing to help fix it. but he wasnt the systemic problem, which ran/runs pretty deep. Brown had major issues with morris and heyward. Rozier had issues with stevens. overall the young kids didnt accept their role and didnt like vets who told them to get in line when brad wouldnt.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,999

Post#62 » by cl2117 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:58 pm

Prokorov wrote:
cl2117 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
i told you everything that was going to happen since last offseason. you mocked me then to. its fine. green teamers will get it soon enough.

Quote me where you told me anything ever prior to your unhealthy obsessions with the Celtics this offseason. I've literally never quoted you or been quoted by your prior to June (I checked). I mock you now because it's genuinely getting weird. Like really really weird. Unhealthily weird. And because you're claiming to have sauces like you Chris Broussard. SAUCES.

And to not entirely derail the thread I give the Nets an A. I question the DJ signing, but if that's a knock on effect of the other 2 then I'm fine with it (just hope it doesn't stunt Allen's growth). People say that this team might not be better than the Russ/KD Thunder, but also want to say that KD should have run it back instead of going to the Warriors. If he could have won it all then, they can win it all now. Offseason basically couldn't have gone better.

SaUcEs.

"you" as in celtics fans.

You realize how dumb that is right?
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#63 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:24 pm

cl2117 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
cl2117 wrote:Quote me where you told me anything ever prior to your unhealthy obsessions with the Celtics this offseason. I've literally never quoted you or been quoted by your prior to June (I checked). I mock you now because it's genuinely getting weird. Like really really weird. Unhealthily weird. And because you're claiming to have sauces like you Chris Broussard. SAUCES.

And to not entirely derail the thread I give the Nets an A. I question the DJ signing, but if that's a knock on effect of the other 2 then I'm fine with it (just hope it doesn't stunt Allen's growth). People say that this team might not be better than the Russ/KD Thunder, but also want to say that KD should have run it back instead of going to the Warriors. If he could have won it all then, they can win it all now. Offseason basically couldn't have gone better.

SaUcEs.

"you" as in celtics fans.

You realize how dumb that is right?

it becomes difficult to come to a realization that something is dubmb, when it, in fact, is very much not dumb.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Post#64 » by loserX » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:32 pm

loserX wrote:Could we move on from the "nuh-uh"/"yuh-huh" portion of the proceedings? Make your cases with a little more substance, please.

I guess not.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,667

Post#65 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:21 pm

Unlocked for regrading and such given LeVert extension.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#66 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:34 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Unlocked for regrading and such given LeVert extension.

i dont think the extension moves the needle much. Nets had his RFA rights long term, the deal is solid value for both sides. with the big moves like Kyrie, KD, Jordan i dont think this changes the grade
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#67 » by Trader_Joe » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:49 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Unlocked for regrading and such given LeVert extension.

Not necessarily something Marks did, but I think the full transfer of ownership of the team and arena to Joe Tsai was a pretty big deal, especially from a global standpoint. Nets will be playing in China this preseason and their profile continues to get bigger in Asia while the value of the team does as well. There is also hope Tsai will be more dedicated to the team (he owns the NY Liberty as well as other sports teams) than Prokhorov who was an absentee owner.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,667

Post#68 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:50 pm

I feel like the deal has a bunch of downside risk, but also locks in someone on the roster and at a cost that won't break the team. I might look a bit unfavorable on the deal in a vacuum, but for the team and where they are I like it.

But yeah, compared to everything else it isn't a needle mover. Does suggest a very guard oriented attack going forward for a while though.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#69 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:56 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I feel like the deal has a bunch of downside risk, but also locks in someone on the roster and at a cost that won't break the team. I might look a bit unfavorable on the deal in a vacuum, but for the team and where they are I like it.

But yeah, compared to everything else it isn't a needle mover. Does suggest a very guard oriented attack going forward for a while though.

nets want 2-3 ball handlers on the floor at all times. if it wasnt levert it was going to be another PG/ComboGaurd.

Return to Trades and Transactions