Your Lotto Mock Draft With Trades: Run The Tankathon Lotto Machine

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,485

Re: Your Lotto Mock Draft With Trades: Run The Tankathon Lotto Machine 

Post#81 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Fri May 28, 2021 2:12 pm

Wolveswin wrote:1. Detroit Pistons - Cade Cunningham
2. Cleveland Cavaliers - Evan Mobley
3. Oklahoma City Thunder - Jalen Suggs
4. Oklahoma City Thunder (via Orlando Magic) - Jalen Green
Trade: SGA for Hampton + #4 + #8 + 2023 Bulls 1st

5. Oklahoma City Thunder (via Houston Rockets) - Jonathan Kuminga

6. Oklahoma City Thunder (via Golden State Warriors) - Scottie Barnes
Trade: Dort + #8 + #35 + Owed 1sts (as needed) for Smailagic + #6

7. Toronto Raptors - Alperen Sengun
8. Golden State Warriors (via Oklahoma City Thunder) - Corey Kispert
9. Sacramento Kings - Franz Wagner
10. New Orleans Pelicans - Davion Mitchell
11. Charlotte Hornets - Keon Johnson
12. San Antonio Spurs - Kai Jones
13. Indiana Pacers - Isaiah Jackson
14. Golden State Warriors - Josh Giddey

Thunder:
Horford (place holder for Chet)
Barnes | Pokusevski
Kuminga | Bazley
Green | Hampton
Suggs

I’m a bigger fan of SGA than most, but I think Orlando declines and pretty quickly.

They’re not in a position to go all-in for a player at this stage of the rebuild, they take Jalen Green and call it a day.

I also think outside fans don’t realize how much the Magic organization values RJ Hampton.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,485

Post#82 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Fri May 28, 2021 2:29 pm

uraverage wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Spun again:

1. Wolves -- Cade
2. Pistons -- trade to Minnesota along with Grant/Plumlee for Edwards, Russell, 24 MIN 1st unp, 26 MIN 1st unp --- Wolves take Suggs
3. Raptors -- Mobley
4. Thunder -- Jalen Green
5. Thunder -- trade to Orlando along with 23 DEN 1st(top 14 for 3 years then 25 and 26 DEN 2nds) for #6. 25 DEN 1st(top 5 for 3 years then nothing), 22 ORL 2nd, Magic take Kuminga
6 Magic -- traded to Thunder above--Thunder take Scottie Barnes
7. Cavs -- Keon Johnson
8. Magic -- Corey Kispart
9. Kings -- Jalen Johnson
10. Pelicans -- Moody
11. Hornet -- Sengun
12. Spurs -- Bouknight
13. Pacers -- Mitchell
14. Warriors -- trade to Atlanta with Damion Lee for Huerter, #20. Hawks select Giddey

I could see ORL trading for Green but not Kuminga.

100% agree.

They’re more than likely willing to trade completely out or for a starting veteran (with their pick) than trade up to get Kuminga.

In this specific scenario and as crazy as it sounds I could see Orlando trading their #6 for a player like Jerami Grant.

Gary Harris

For

Jerami Grant
Maybe a heavily protected future FRP?

One thing for sure is that Orlando is NOT going to draft x3 rookies. I wish there was a money line on that because I would bet my life savings on that ha.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,503

Post#83 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 28, 2021 2:47 pm

orlando_joe wrote:

1. Wolves -- Cade
2. Pistons -- trade to Minnesota along with Grant/Plumlee for Edwards, Russell, 24 MIN 1st unp, 26 MIN 1st unp --- Wolves take Suggs
3. Raptors -- Mobley
5. Thunder -- trade to Orlando along with 23 DEN 1st(top 14 for 3 years then 25 and 26 DEN 2nds) for #6. 25 DEN 1st(top 5 for 3 years then nothing), 22 ORL 2nd, Magic take Kuminga
7. Cavs -- Keon Johnson
10. Pelicans -- Moody
11. Hornet -- Sengun
12. Spurs -- Bouknight
13. Pacers -- Mitchell
14. Warriors -- trade to Atlanta with Damion Lee for Huerter, #20. Hawks select Giddey

man both your rolls really worst case for magic ..lol...dont see magic giving a top 4 protected first to move up from 6 to 5 to draft 1 more player that does not look like he can shoot

I don't rig the rolls like several others have itt so can't help you there. Also I hate when people intentionally misrepresent ideas and then criticize them. That's pointless and frankly sucks. I've always been open to criticism of my ideas and own them when I miss, but I have no interest in hearing proposals I don't make being lambasted. Waste of everyone's time. I don't understand why you did that.

And pretending the deal was as you say, this sort of thing happens regularly when teams identify a player they really want. I'm not saying the Magic definitely want Kuminga--obviously I have no idea, but since we are having to make assumptions in our pretend scenarios, that made up price isn't unreasonable at all.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,407

Post#84 » by shrink » Fri May 28, 2021 3:50 pm

The most interesting thing to me has been seeing what people have done with OKC and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.

If he isn’t a star now by people’s different definitions or the word, he is certainly on the cusp. There aren’t enough stars in this league, and people generally pay a pretty price for to add them.

Meanwhile, this draft has tremendous upside. 4 or even 5 players may have true star potential, and even likelihood, and there are intriguing young players after 5 too. For me, right now I rank them at

1. Cade
Small gap
2. Suggs
3. Mobley
Small gap
4. Green
Medium gap
5. Kuminga
Large gap.
6. XXXXXXX?

So where does a guy like SGA land? Closer to stardom, less risk, maybe a lower ceiling, still young, not as young as picks or with years of team control? A lot of the value comes on how an individual team values these categories.

For Orlando, who lacks a true star, adding SGA would be very valuable, and marketable. This value may be magnified if they don’t get a top three pick. However, this is substantially reduced by all the trades they did at the deadline. Maybe I would slide him in between 3 and 4, but I can understand arguments placing him anywhere between 2-5. And an SGA trade seems very realistic, once we know which picks teams land in the lottery.

Anyway, i typically skip these threads until the lottery, and we have a firm idea of which teams have these picks. However, I’ve appreciated reading these ideas from posters this year, particularly about SGA, and I wanted to give you all kudos.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,352

Post#85 » by Dadouv47 » Fri May 28, 2021 4:07 pm

Feel like the SGA top 4 pick thread all over again :lol:

Don't think we will trade him (and if it happens it would be for Cade).

In a vacuum the Orlando package isn't that bad though (I hate the Dort package to move up 2 spots)
loserX
And1: 26,047

Post#86 » by loserX » Fri May 28, 2021 5:44 pm

I realize now that I didn't actually hit the "Sim lottery" button so my mock draft was just according to chalk :lol:

So I did another one...not quite random, but I wanted to make sure there was enough shake-up that I could not just make the same trades I did the first time. So I kept re-setting until that happened.

1) New Orleans Pelicans - Cade Cunningham
2) Orlando Magic - Jalen Suggs
3) Minnesota Timberwolves, traded to Detroit* - Evan Mobley
4) Houston Rockets - Jalen Green
5) Detroit Pistons, traded to Minnesota* - Jonathan Kuminga
6) Oklahoma City Thunder, traded to Sacramento** - Scottie Barnes
7) Cleveland Cavaliers - Keon Johnson
8) Toronto Raptors, traded to Oklahoma City*** - Moses Moody
9) Orlando Magic (from Chicago) - James Bouknight
10) Sacramento Kings, traded to Oklahoma City**, then traded to Toronto*** - Usman Garuba
11) Charlotte Hornets - Kai Jones
12) San Antonio Spurs - Franz Wagner
13) Indiana Pacers - Davion Mitchell
14) Golden State Warriors - Corey Kispert

Okay, here we go...

*Three-way trade:
Minnesota trades Ricky Rubio and pick #3 for pick #5, pick #25, and a TPE for Rubio's salary
Detroit trades pick #5 and capspace for pick #3 and Patrick Beverley
Clippers trade Patrick Beverley and pick #25 for Ricky Rubio

The Wolves see Green and Mobley at the top of the board and don't really need either. They *could* use Kuminga, so decide to move down and get some goodies. Rubio has been a useful piece, but here they get a late pick and out of his salary entirely (solving their tax problems), and draft the guy they wanted anyway.
The Pistons jump Houston to get Mobley, using capspace they don't need for a guy they could actually play once Joseph is cut.
The Clippers get the playmaking PG they need so badly, and don't compromise their defence at all.
-----
**Three-way trade:
OKC trades Al Horford and pick #6 for Marvin Bagley, Josh Richardson, pick #10, 2nds from Sacramento.
Sacramento trades Marvin Bagley, pick #10, 2nds for Dwight Powell and pick #6.
Dallas trades Dwight Powell and Josh Richardson for Al Horford.

After trying but failing to move up, the Thunder decide to try something else. They do right by Big Al and get a couple of younger guys to try out, and they're not done jockeying for their pick either.
The Kings could desperately use a defensive force at forward like Barnes, so they give Bagley a chance to develop elsewhere, take on a year of salary for Powell, and give up some 2nds to get their guy.
Dallas is a lot further along their arc than they thought they'd be, so they get a talent and character infusion for guys who have been useful but perhaps more limited.
-----
***Two-way trade:
Toronto trades pick #8 for pick #10 and some sweetener from OKC's stash.
OKC trades pick #10 and sweeteners as negotiated for pick #8.

Toronto isn't really targeting an SF at this spot, but OKC could be, and they know Orlando could be too. So OKC gives up a little premium to jump the Magic and land Moody, and Toronto gets the big man prospect they were looking at anyway.

-----------------------

This version feels a lot more forced. Probably best just to ignore it in favour of my earlier post :lol:
Texas Chuck

Post#87 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 28, 2021 5:49 pm

Detroit gets an awfully good deal there ^
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
loserX
And1: 26,047

Post#88 » by loserX » Fri May 28, 2021 5:59 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Detroit gets an awfully good deal there ^

I thought so too...but is it that bad for Minnesota? Does it help or hurt if Doumbouya is put in? Unfortunately the Pistons can't add a 1st because of the one they owe Houston already, and Houston isn't going to help Detroit jump them :)
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,792

Post#89 » by BoogieTime » Fri May 28, 2021 6:07 pm

Just from reading I think the "tier effect", or how you see the tiers based on who you root for is in full

Ive seen some Timberwolves fans suggest the tier stops when they need to pass their pick to the Warriors

Pistons fans tend to see a strong top 5 from what I have personally seen

As a Kings fan, Im not concerned picking 9 as opposed to in the top 5 (!). Cade is unathletic, tweener with more turnovers then assists and Mobley is a stick.
Texas Chuck

Post#90 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 28, 2021 6:10 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Just from reading I think the "tier effect", or how you see the tiers based on who you root for is in full

Ive seen some Timberwolves fans suggest the tier stops when they need to pass their pick to the Warriors

As a Kings fan, Im not concerned picking 9 as opposed to in the top 5 (!). Cade is unathletic, tweener with more turnovers then assists and Mobley is a stick.

Nothing illustrates a belief in tiers quite like calling 2 of the 3 best prospects in the draft nothing special. Ironic that you'd be accusing others of that especially since its not Pistons fans talking about a strong top 5, that's pretty much universal that there is a perceived drop off after Kuminga at 5.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,792

Post#91 » by BoogieTime » Fri May 28, 2021 6:21 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Just from reading I think the "tier effect", or how you see the tiers based on who you root for is in full

Nothing illustrates a belief in tiers quite like calling 2 of the 3 best prospects in the draft nothing special. Ironic that you'd be accusing others of that especially since its not Pistons fans talking about a strong top 5, that's pretty much universal that there is a perceived drop off after Kuminga at 5.

Im not overwhelmed by the other three either. I think this is a draft where I will not be close to the tv on June 22 as the ping pong balls fall
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,360

Post#92 » by SNPA » Fri May 28, 2021 6:32 pm

loserX wrote:I realize now that I didn't actually hit the "Sim lottery" button so my mock draft was just according to chalk :lol:

So I did another one...not quite random, but I wanted to make sure there was enough shake-up that I could not just make the same trades I did the first time. So I kept re-setting until that happened.

1) New Orleans Pelicans - Cade Cunningham
2) Orlando Magic - Jalen Suggs
3) Minnesota Timberwolves, traded to Detroit* - Evan Mobley
4) Houston Rockets - Jalen Green
5) Detroit Pistons, traded to Minnesota* - Jonathan Kuminga
6) Oklahoma City Thunder, traded to Sacramento** - Scottie Barnes
7) Cleveland Cavaliers - Keon Johnson
8) Toronto Raptors, traded to Oklahoma City*** - Moses Moody
9) Orlando Magic (from Chicago) - James Bouknight
10) Sacramento Kings, traded to Oklahoma City**, then traded to Toronto*** - Usman Garuba
11) Charlotte Hornets - Kai Jones
12) San Antonio Spurs - Franz Wagner
13) Indiana Pacers - Davion Mitchell
14) Golden State Warriors - Corey Kispert

Okay, here we go...

*Three-way trade:
Minnesota trades Ricky Rubio and pick #3 for pick #5, pick #25, and a TPE for Rubio's salary
Detroit trades pick #5 and capspace for pick #3 and Patrick Beverley
Clippers trade Patrick Beverley and pick #25 for Ricky Rubio

The Wolves see Green and Mobley at the top of the board and don't really need either. They *could* use Kuminga, so decide to move down and get some goodies. Rubio has been a useful piece, but here they get a late pick and out of his salary entirely (solving their tax problems), and draft the guy they wanted anyway.
The Pistons jump Houston to get Mobley, using capspace they don't need for a guy they could actually play once Joseph is cut.
The Clippers get the playmaking PG they need so badly, and don't compromise their defence at all.
-----
**Three-way trade:
OKC trades Al Horford and pick #6 for Marvin Bagley, Josh Richardson, pick #10, 2nds from Sacramento.
Sacramento trades Marvin Bagley, pick #10, 2nds for Dwight Powell and pick #6.
Dallas trades Dwight Powell and Josh Richardson for Al Horford.

After trying but failing to move up, the Thunder decide to try something else. They do right by Big Al and get a couple of younger guys to try out, and they're not done jockeying for their pick either.
The Kings could desperately use a defensive force at forward like Barnes, so they give Bagley a chance to develop elsewhere, take on a year of salary for Powell, and give up some 2nds to get their guy.
Dallas is a lot further along their arc than they thought they'd be, so they get a talent and character infusion for guys who have been useful but perhaps more limited.
-----
***Two-way trade:
Toronto trades pick #8 for pick #10 and some sweetener from OKC's stash.
OKC trades pick #10 and sweeteners as negotiated for pick #8.

Toronto isn't really targeting an SF at this spot, but OKC could be, and they know Orlando could be too. So OKC gives up a little premium to jump the Magic and land Moody, and Toronto gets the big man prospect they were looking at anyway.

-----------------------

This version feels a lot more forced. Probably best just to ignore it in favour of my earlier post :lol:

I know it is tempting to see Scottie Barnes as a target for Sac (and he may be in real life) but it creates a lot of issues. Barnes doesn’t fit well with Fox (shooting) and Hali (takes ball out of his hands as a secondary playmaker). Drafting him also means no Holmes (can’t play Holmes/Fox/Barnes) and that the Kings need to find a stretch five. Basically it helps on D but creates numerous fit issues.

If Barnes is there I could see them drafting him, but trading Bagley and the pick to move up a few slots...I hope they don’t do that.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,674

Post#93 » by orlando_joe » Fri May 28, 2021 6:38 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:

1. Wolves -- Cade
3. Raptors -- Mobley
7. Cavs -- Keon Johnson
10. Pelicans -- Moody
11. Hornet -- Sengun
12. Spurs -- Bouknight
13. Pacers -- Mitchell

man both your rolls really worst case for magic ..lol...dont see magic giving a top 4 protected first to move up from 6 to 5 to draft 1 more player that does not look like he can shoot

I don't rig the rolls like several others have itt so can't help you there. Also I hate when people intentionally misrepresent ideas and then criticize them. That's pointless and frankly sucks. I've always been open to criticism of my ideas and own them when I miss, but I have no interest in hearing proposals I don't make being lambasted. Waste of everyone's time. I don't understand why you did that.

And pretending the deal was as you say, this sort of thing happens regularly when teams identify a player they really want. I'm not saying the Magic definitely want Kuminga--obviously I have no idea, but since we are having to make assumptions in our pretend scenarios, that made up price isn't unreasonable at all.

what? wow...chill,,,

i read it as denver 25 top 5 for 3 yrs and magic 22 2nd rd pick? then nothing? so i stated as top 4 not top 5 and this is how you react?
after reading it 3 times i get it swapping denver picks...still wow...still thats response
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,352

Post#94 » by Dadouv47 » Fri May 28, 2021 7:08 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:man both your rolls really worst case for magic ..lol...dont see magic giving a top 4 protected first to move up from 6 to 5 to draft 1 more player that does not look like he can shoot

what? wow...chill,,,

i read it as denver 25 top 5 for 3 yrs and magic 22 2nd rd pick? then nothing? so i stated as top 4 not top 5 and this is how you react?
after reading it 3 times i get it swapping denver picks...still wow...still thats response

I wouldn't want OKC to make this trade tbh. Rather gamble on Kuminga higher ceiling than drafting Scottie Barnes and get a better pick in 2025.
Texas Chuck

Post#95 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 28, 2021 7:21 pm

orlando_joe wrote:what? wow...chill,,,

You want me to respond more favorably then don't rush to assume every deal is terrible for Orlando and evaluate it on its actual merits. If you still think it sucks, tell me it sucks. I'm a big boy, I hear that about my ideas every day and can take it. OKC poster right behind you did exactly that and he has every right to not like the idea. But you got it pretty significantly wrong yet still were quick to criticize a valuation I never suggested. :D
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,653

Post#96 » by Wolveswin » Fri May 28, 2021 7:40 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:1. Detroit Pistons - Cade Cunningham
2. Cleveland Cavaliers - Evan Mobley
3. Oklahoma City Thunder - Jalen Suggs
4. Oklahoma City Thunder (via Orlando Magic) - Jalen Green
Trade: SGA for Hampton + #4 + #8 + 2023 Bulls 1st

5. Oklahoma City Thunder (via Houston Rockets) - Jonathan Kuminga

6. Oklahoma City Thunder (via Golden State Warriors) - Scottie Barnes
Trade: Dort + #8 + #35 + Owed 1sts (as needed) for Smailagic + #6

7. Toronto Raptors - Alperen Sengun
8. Golden State Warriors (via Oklahoma City Thunder) - Corey Kispert
9. Sacramento Kings - Franz Wagner
10. New Orleans Pelicans - Davion Mitchell
11. Charlotte Hornets - Keon Johnson
12. San Antonio Spurs - Kai Jones
13. Indiana Pacers - Isaiah Jackson
14. Golden State Warriors - Josh Giddey

Thunder:
Horford (place holder for Chet)
Barnes | Pokusevski
Kuminga | Bazley
Green | Hampton
Suggs

I’m a bigger fan of SGA than most, but I think Orlando declines and pretty quickly.

They’re not in a position to go all-in for a player at this stage of the rebuild, they take Jalen Green and call it a day.

I also think outside fans don’t realize how much the Magic organization values RJ Hampton.

When is the last time the Magic fully tanked? (Over multiple seasons — 76ers style)

Yeah I know they just traded Vucevic and Gordon and dumped Fournier (controlled tank). But they seem like a organization that likes being relevant in weak East — even at cost of being backend playoff team.

WCJ | Bamba
Isaac (trade signals extremely healthy)
Ross or Okeke
SGA
Fultz

Team would have cap flexibility and own all of its firsts (rare for team trading for player of SGA caliber). Ross (salary filler) + Okeke + 3 to 4 1sts is a nice offer for disgruntled 3rd star.

That roster before additional moves seems like a 6-8 seed at worst. And if SGA and Isaac continue towards stardom, not sure a Magic team with two young stars (and Fultz and WCJ in support) isn’t a long term playoff team who might make noise.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,076

Post#97 » by Ducklett » Fri May 28, 2021 8:57 pm

1.Orlando
2.Detroit
3.OKC
4.New Orleans
5.OKC
6.Cleveland
7.Golden State
8.Toronto
9.Orlando
10.Sacramento
11.Charlotte
12.San Antonio
13.Indiana
14.Golden State

Before I do my mock, I have a few opinions and I want to get a bit of feedback:

1) I think the Magic have 3 guys in the top 5 they really want: Cade, Green, and Mobley. I think they would take any of them, but Suggs with Fultz, Cole, and RJ on the roster would just confuse the process and Kuminga and Isaac would be a question mark.

2) I think the Magic really, really want Jalen Green. After missing out by one pick for Fox in 2017 and Doncic/Young in 2018, that bad taste of not getting a prolific scorer is still there, Green projects being the ceiling king of this draft class for scoring.

3) The Magic just exploded their whole team at the deadline to the surprise (and excitement) of most Magic fans and outside observers. That leads me to conclude that WeltHam are willing and able to take huge risks if it means upside for the future.

4) Because of points 1-3, I think the Magic are the most willing to trade 1 or 2 as long as the package they get back includes the pick that selects Jalen Green.

Do you think that OKC would trade 3 and 5 for 1?

Do you think Toronto or Golden State would trade down a pick or two for 33?

Do you think New Orleans could trade 4 for the last piece they need to strongly move into the play-offs?
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,663

Post#98 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri May 28, 2021 8:59 pm

Ducklett wrote:

No, I think they'd offer 3 + a number of future picks for one, though.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,076

Post#99 » by Ducklett » Fri May 28, 2021 9:01 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Ducklett wrote:

Fair enough. What picks exactly does OKC have that would have the juice to move up to 1, because looking over the list on the GM tools, they all are either poor or question marks.
Texas Chuck

Post#100 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 28, 2021 9:20 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Ducklett wrote:

Put me down as they would trade 5 and 3 for 1. Maybe they ask for something small back, but I'd trade any 2 of Mobley,Green, Kuminga for Cade in a second. It's tougher for me if Suggs was going to be an option at 3 but I think you still have to take the swing at Cade. It's a superstar league.

That said, OKC has so many assets that if they wanted to keep their other top 5 pick they should still be able to satisfy Orlando if they are really willing to move down and come away with Green.

Return to Trades and Transactions