WAS/PHI Washington gets 1st 2 picks!

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

doctor him
Assistant Coach
And1: 421

Re: WAS/PHI Washington gets 1st 2 picks! 

Post#21 » by doctor him » Sun Jun 6, 2010 2:25 pm

old rem wrote:Mostly true but Brand's skillset has slipped to "utility backup" Arenas' skillset is....oh yeah....he's played almost never in a few yr but briefly seemed to have a lot of his usual stuff.

Philly fans want either a) Draft Turner
b) get double value for Turner and hope nobody notices Brand attached too.

sort of narrows the options. :roll:

Actually...double value isn't enough for the #2 pick.

I'm not destroying a perfect roster fit and dealing away a potential headliner just for double value.

If that's the case then why don't I just offer up some type of comparable value for Durant and bring him over. Just add up his stats and put a small premium on top and make that deal.

Why can't you do just that?

Or rather ... I like Steph Curry ... So why don't I toss you a couple players who are pretty good and a little bonus on top of it for your trouble. You like that kind of deal?
BringBackKorver
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#22 » by BringBackKorver » Sun Jun 6, 2010 2:35 pm

Think you're a bit over the top here Doctor Him. Someone offering "double value for Turner and hope nobody notices Brand attached too" is more than enough to pry him away. That's akin to an offer of Love, 4, and 16 for Brand + 2, or Lopez + 3 for Brand + 2. There's no way we turn down something like either of those.

And Turner does not seem anywhere near "the perfect fit" for our roster. Regardless, I get your point and I'm sure everyone else does too. But let's not go around making statements like those or people will start thinking only crazies inhabit the Sixers board.
doctor him
Assistant Coach
And1: 421

Post#23 » by doctor him » Sun Jun 6, 2010 2:45 pm

BringBackKorver wrote:Think you're a bit over the top here Doctor Him. Someone offering "double value for Turner and hope nobody notices Brand attached too" is more than enough to pry him away. That's akin to an offer of Love, 4, and 16 for Brand + 2, or Lopez + 3 for Brand + 2. There's no way we turn down something like either of those.

And Turner does not seem anywhere near "the perfect fit" for our roster. Regardless, I get your point and I'm sure everyone else does too. But let's not go around making statements like those or people will start thinking only crazies inhabit the Sixers board.

I know I am going overboard to make a point, but I really, really don't want to do anything but take Turner. And for me to say yes, I'd have to be floored by a ridiculous offer.

And...while yes Brand has a heavy contract, but I expect 15 and 8 from him and even if we move him...who is going to replace that 15 and 8? Cap space (which won't show up until 2011) is an option, but it can't play 30 minutes a night.

Finally...I think Turner is a perfect fit. Defensively. I also think that offensively he's a "lead dog" for our pack. I think he's a headliner. I think he can be what Iguodala (a very good player, but I don't want him creating with 10 seconds on the clock and needing a buck) isn't for the team. I also LOVE what I perceive about his makeup from him coming back from the injury so quickly.

With Turner we run 6'4" - 6'7" - 6'6" of guys who can and actually will get after it defensively. No more having to hide 5'10" 2 guard. No more trying to figure out who feels like maybe playing defense tonight.

People have said that he's got Brandon Roy potential (their measurements are eerily similar) or Tracy McGrady. To me...I see a Paul Pierce starter kit. I think when he's "growed up" that's who he'll approximate with a little more agility and a little less physicality.

And for me to give up that lotto ticket...I do need more than double value. Though I respect the right of others to disagree.
Sixerlover
Starter
And1: 0

Post#24 » by Sixerlover » Sun Jun 6, 2010 9:59 pm

doctor him wrote:
BringBackKorver wrote:Think you're a bit over the top here Doctor Him. Someone offering "double value for Turner and hope nobody notices Brand attached too" is more than enough to pry him away. That's akin to an offer of Love, 4, and 16 for Brand + 2, or Lopez + 3 for Brand + 2. There's no way we turn down something like either of those.

I know I am going overboard to make a point, but I really, really don't want to do anything but take Turner. And for me to say yes, I'd have to be floored by a ridiculous offer.

And...while yes Brand has a heavy contract, but I expect 15 and 8 from him and even if we move him...who is going to replace that 15 and 8? Cap space (which won't show up until 2011) is an option, but it can't play 30 minutes a night.

Finally...I think Turner is a perfect fit. Defensively. I also think that offensively he's a "lead dog" for our pack. I think he's a headliner. I think he can be what Iguodala (a very good player, but I don't want him creating with 10 seconds on the clock and needing a buck) isn't for the team. I also LOVE what I perceive about his makeup from him coming back from the injury so quickly.

With Turner we run 6'4" - 6'7" - 6'6" of guys who can and actually will get after it defensively. No more having to hide 5'10" 2 guard. No more trying to figure out who feels like maybe playing defense tonight.

People have said that he's got Brandon Roy potential (their measurements are eerily similar) or Tracy McGrady. To me...I see a Paul Pierce starter kit. I think when he's "growed up" that's who he'll approximate with a little more agility and a little less physicality.

And for me to give up that lotto ticket...I do need more than double value. Though I respect the right of others to disagree.

Return to Trades and Transactions