GS/Minn./Detroit revised deal..

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Re: GS/Minn./Detroit revised deal.. 

Post#21 » by princeofpalace » Sun Jun 6, 2010 12:46 am

old rem wrote:
John Doe [MIN] wrote:
princeofpalace wrote:Pistons fans have soured on Jefferson, theyd rather gamble on a healthy young big on a rookie contract

How so? What has Al Jefferson done in the past month that has changed Piston fans' valuation of him? I call B.S. You never liked Prince + 7 for Jefferson from the start, even though the majority of Piston fans did. The ones who like it no longer feel a need to come into every single trade that uses it just to say "Yes, we're still ok with Prince + 7 for Jefferson," which allows you to try to speak for all of them and say they don't like it anymore. I'll believe that when I hear it from them, not you.

As for the trade, the Golden State addition makes it worse for Minnesota. Randolph's value is definitely not the #4 pick, and swapping Prince for Azubuike and Radmanovic doesn't do anything to help that.

Al Jeff could lift the Piston's scoring, but they just did an FA thing getting 2 scorers with issues on D..and it didn't work out too well. If they had a younger Ben Wallace around, a Al Jeff,CV/Jerebko trio at F could work. CV and Al Jeff as PF+C? :D :D High scoring game for someone.

LOL, thats gonna give me some nightmares

But I agree with your sentiment
John Doe [MIN]
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#22 » by John Doe [MIN] » Sun Jun 6, 2010 9:03 am

old rem wrote:Al Jeff could lift the Piston's scoring, but they just did an FA thing getting 2 scorers with issues on D..and it didn't work out too well. If they had a younger Ben Wallace around, a Al Jeff,CV/Jerebko trio at F could work. CV and Al Jeff as PF+C? :D :D High scoring game for someone.

That "FA thing" happened a lot longer than a month ago. Yet a month ago, the majority of Pistons posters liked the trade. I refer you to my original question, what has changed in the past month that Piston fans allegedly no longer like a trade that the majority of them until recently did?
princeofpalace wrote:^
Read some more threads and see that other Pistons posters such as RTM, Cow have said the same thing. Even Shrink has now said that he's not that into the swap. Its old, people are over it, come up with some new ideas

HINT: Some have even posted it in this VERY thread. I suggest that you read it and others like it. Its very simple

3 poster sample size =/= majority. I gave a perfectly reasonable explanation for that. Piston fans that never liked the trade idea are more likely to continue resisting it every time they see it. Those who supported it wouldn't feel the need to pop into every larger trade that uses it to remind us that "For the 100th time, Detroit still says yes to Prince + 7 for Jefferson." It would be a waste of their time.

I tell you what, why don't you create a "Do you still like Prince + 7 for Jefferson?" thread on the Pistons board with a poll. Then I'll believe you.
princeofpalace
RealGM

Post#23 » by princeofpalace » Sun Jun 6, 2010 1:41 pm

^
I dont get why you are getting so butthurt over this. Pistons dont have a large REALGM fan base. The same few fans who approved of the trade have now soured on it and want something new and guess what- they actually have posted that in the various threads on this very board. There are also only a handful that post on T&T. So if you wanted to use that same small sample to represent the Pistons fanbase to show that Pistons fans wanted to trade it looks very hypocritical to refuse to do so when those same fans are now saying that they are over. Even some of the same MN fans who wanted to do the trade are even now saying that they are over.

Shrink made a very solid post regarding the situation in another thread which Im sure you never read before you began posting about this

shrink wrote:Its interesting how people become more attached to their own stuff the longer they hold it .. even without any additional information.

I've been souring on the deal from the MIN side as well. Selling Jefferson now is selling him low, and his value will almost certainly increase when we're closer to the trade deadline, and he hasn't missed any games for injury for two full years. The 25 year old clearly has a good work ethic (he wasn't born with some of the best low post moves in the game), and this summer he is focusing on defense. Jefferson was already a 20-11 player, and while I understand the money, the chances that any player outside the Top 4 will come even close to that is pretty unlikely.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 917

Post#24 » by jscott » Sun Jun 6, 2010 2:08 pm

This is a bad move for the Wolves.

No dice.

Also, let the Pistons keep 7 and draft Aldrich. Al's value is at a low point anyway. We'll roll the dice and see what happens next season if the value isn't there for him. No point of selling at the bottom.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#25 » by azwfan » Sun Jun 6, 2010 4:40 pm

I think this is good value for the W's, but I probably decline. I'd rather use the #6 + value for #4 then bring in two top 10 picks (rookies). Course we may have an issue with what value is agreeable to the Wolves while agreeable to us seeing as how they want Randolph + 6... which just doesn't fly with me.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#26 » by DetroitPistons » Sun Jun 6, 2010 4:51 pm

I still like the prince/7 for jefferson trade however i would be perfectly fine with keeping prince and taking a guy like monroe/aminu/davis. either one would be great. im not so sure pistons fans have soured on it. i think they just got bored. that doesn't mean they still wouldn't do it.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#27 » by RTM » Sun Jun 6, 2010 5:01 pm

I know dVs and myself have said we wouldn't be mad if it happened. I don't think anyone is suddenly arguing it's unfair. Just because it was generally agreed upon on these boards doesn't mean that it is in any way in the actual realm of possibility.

It just might be equally or more beneficial for the Pistons to try and shed salary as opposed to adding it, while keeping our pick and building from the ground up. Besides, when you think about the profile of big men Joe has likes (emphasis on defense and toughness), Al doesn't really fit it.

So it's not bad, just not something to get excited about.
John Doe [MIN]
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#28 » by John Doe [MIN] » Sun Jun 6, 2010 5:40 pm

princeofpalace wrote:^
I dont get why you are getting so butthurt over this. Pistons dont have a large REALGM fan base. The same few fans who approved of the trade have now soured on it and want something new and guess what- they actually have posted that in the various threads on this very board. There are also only a handful that post on T&T. So if you wanted to use that same small sample to represent the Pistons fanbase to show that Pistons fans wanted to trade it looks very hypocritical to refuse to do so when those same fans are now saying that they are over. Even some of the same MN fans who wanted to do the trade are even now saying that they are over.

Shrink made a very solid post regarding the situation in another thread which Im sure you never read before you began posting about this

shrink wrote:Its interesting how people become more attached to their own stuff the longer they hold it .. even without any additional information.

I've been souring on the deal from the MIN side as well. Selling Jefferson now is selling him low, and his value will almost certainly increase when we're closer to the trade deadline, and he hasn't missed any games for injury for two full years. The 25 year old clearly has a good work ethic (he wasn't born with some of the best low post moves in the game), and this summer he is focusing on defense. Jefferson was already a 20-11 player, and while I understand the money, the chances that any player outside the Top 4 will come even close to that is pretty unlikely.

I'm not being unreasonable. There's no reason to be patronizing or insulting. It makes you look like the one who is "butthurt." (Real mature.)

I read most every trade on this board involving the Timberwolves, and I don't remember seeing a lot of Piston fans suddenly rejecting the deal. Citing individuals won't change my mind. I tell you what, I'll make the poll on your board myself. Make sure to drop by and call me childish names. Unfortunately, you only get one vote, however.
princeofpalace
RealGM

Post#29 » by princeofpalace » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:11 pm

^
I hope now you are satisfied looking at the comments in the thread... You obviously missed some threads on T&T if you hadnt you would have seen the shift in sentiments on the Jefferson for Prince/7 deal.

Return to Trades and Transactions