Bulls - Raptors Bosh Trade

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

ho11a
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Bulls - Raptors Bosh Trade 

Post#41 » by ho11a » Sun Jun 6, 2010 7:08 pm

Bulls fans are too silly!

BC knows how valuable Chris is, therefore he will want the best POSSIBLE package back, therefore anything with Bosh going to the Bulls, nets the raptors Noah, otherwise Bosh can walk (which is not going to happen).

Bosh for scrubs is not happening, because Toronto has the MOST leverage, which is money.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#42 » by panthermark » Sun Jun 6, 2010 7:10 pm

Again, this deal only "starts" to work if the Bulls are trying to get two max FA's. If Bosh is the only one that goes to Chicago, none of this makes sense.

If the Bulls do want two max FA's, there are other avenues to clear salary besides this offer.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
rugby-hook
Sixth Man

Post#43 » by rugby-hook » Sun Jun 6, 2010 7:22 pm

Not really. Chicago does not have enough assets to dump salary and S&T for Bosh. They used their assets to create the cap space, they don't have enough to sign 2 max FAs without help. It is the cost of the help. Toronto has leverage only because Chi wants 2 FAs. The cost of this help is the dumping of Deng and the taking back of Hedo and Deng will need to go to a 3rd team with cheap ECs because Toronto will need to be under the cap at the end of the day. Bosh is being paired with Hedo on any team looking for help to secure a 2d max FA.

Chi thinks there are other options because it is looking at the past. But with so many teams competing for the prize FAs, no one is going to help them. Not Min, not LAC, not Atl et al. Deng is not a scoring SF, but he is a good player. A good team will want him only if they can dump non-productive contracts. No one ever said this would be easy. This third team will be a big winner with Chic have 2 max FAs and Hedo, Toronto with 4 draft picks and cap space. Take the time to get used to this type of deal.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#44 » by coldfish » Sun Jun 6, 2010 7:48 pm

rugby-hook wrote:Coldfish:

The countertrade is doable if Hedo waives his trade kicker. I did the math in my head and I think it works, or is very close. I included the cap value for the picks to get more releif for Chicago. Had to do it that way because the FA signing period is after the draft. I may be in error, but I think my math is correct.

The trade is legal, the Bulls just don't have close to enough money under the cap to get Lebron after it. Btw, Hedo can only waive his trade kicker if its needed to make a deal work and in this case, it wouldn't be. let's say that you can contort a deal to get it done though as far as the trade kicker:

Bosh $16M
Lebron $16M
Hedo $10M
Hinrich $9M
Rose $5M
Noah $3M

That's $59M, $2M more than the cap, before the Bulls have a bench.
Ray Allen Iverson
Starter

Post#45 » by Ray Allen Iverson » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:20 pm

coldfish wrote:

The countertrade is doable if Hedo waives his trade kicker. I did the math in my head and I think it works, or is very close. I included the cap value for the picks to get more releif for Chicago. Had to do it that way because the FA signing period is after the draft. I may be in error, but I think my math is correct.

The trade is legal, the Bulls just don't have close to enough money under the cap to get Lebron after it. Btw, Hedo can only waive his trade kicker if its needed to make a deal work and in this case, it wouldn't be. let's say that you can contort a deal to get it done though as far as the trade kicker:

Bosh $16M
Lebron $16M
Hedo $10M
Hinrich $9M
Rose $5M
Noah $3M

Vet minimum contracts are unlimited, aren't they?

CHI bias:

Leto wrote:It doesn't matter what the Tornto front office wants. We don't need to take Hedo to get both [James and Bosh]

NYK bias:

drj wrote:I think Rubio isn't worth very much more than Jordan Hill.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#46 » by coldfish » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:41 pm

Ray Allen Iverson wrote:
coldfish wrote:

Bosh $16M
Lebron $16M
Hedo $10M
Hinrich $9M
Rose $5M
Noah $3M

Vet minimum contracts are unlimited, aren't they?

Yes and no. If you are below the cap, your capspace is reduced by a certain amount to account for players at the minimum to get up to 12 players. Regardless, it is absolutely impossible to get Hedo, Lebron, Bosh, Rose, Noah and Kirk using capspace in some of the transactions.

Return to Trades and Transactions