mavs/bobcats an unlikely option

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

johnwall
Banned User
And1: 0

mavs/bobcats an unlikely option 

Post#1 » by johnwall » Sun Jun 6, 2010 12:03 am

dallas trades
erick dampier
jason terry

dallas gets
tyson chandler
stephen jackson

charlotte trades
stephen jackson
tyson chandler

charlotte gets
erick dampier
jason terry

why for the mavs..... this deal is once free agency is done and all the major snt chances are gone. dallas gets a big in chandler that really fits our system and would play great beside dirk(if healthy) if not, we still have large exps at the deadline with him, butler, barea, and stevenson. jax gets us a bigger backcourt, he can play the two and handler the ball.

why for the bobcats they save some money, also with felton leaving they need a pg that is experienced. they have no pure shooters and jet can open up the floor, they also open up pt for henderson.
ZackAttack23
Senior

Re: mavs/bobcats an unlikely option 

Post#2 » by ZackAttack23 » Sun Jun 6, 2010 1:38 am

This will not work because, If we gonna trade get Dampier and Terry, we need to have a Bosh type player at PF, problem is we got Diaw. Terry is better suited coming off the bench! So the deal breaker is getting Dampier without getting a starting PF that is long and athletic, has an outside shot along the perimeter, and of course that can start, and one last thing, a starting PF that has a suitable contract that doesn't eat into our cap space too much. We need to get rid of Diop, Felton, and Diaw. We'll throw in anyone to get rid of our bad contracts! It just has to make sense!
I'm a Charlotte Bobcats, Carolina Panthers, Atlanta Braves and North Carolina Tar Heels fan!
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#3 » by spectre_ » Sun Jun 6, 2010 2:25 am

What's Damp's contract story...can't he be waived or something for instant relief? If that's so it'd make this pretty tempting.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
glowsticks
Starter
And1: 11

Post#4 » by glowsticks » Sun Jun 6, 2010 2:30 am

I suggested Jax to Dallas a little while back. A Dallas fan said the Mavs had an opportunity to get him when he was on the block at the beginning of the year and they passed. However, after his resurgence in Charlotte, perhaps the Mavs will reconsider him...
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#5 » by Jase » Sun Jun 6, 2010 3:24 am

That leaves a lot of swingmen in D. Butler, Jax and Marion. I can see chemistry problems, since Jax and Marion have griped about minutes and roles before.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
ZackAttack23
Senior

Post#6 » by ZackAttack23 » Sun Jun 6, 2010 3:57 am

Jase wrote:That leaves a lot of swingmen in D. Butler, Jax and Marion. I can see chemistry problems, since Jax and Marion have griped about minutes and roles before.

I see Marion leaving Dallas anyway, so why not bring Jax to Dallas?
I'm a Charlotte Bobcats, Carolina Panthers, Atlanta Braves and North Carolina Tar Heels fan!
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,736

Post#7 » by Diop » Sun Jun 6, 2010 4:31 am

I would prefer Jax over Terry, I like the defensive paring he makes with Wallace I believe that's a large part of what made us (somewhat) successful.

If we do this trade for cap space, I would want to continue on and aim for a complete rebuild.
ZackAttack23
Senior

Post#8 » by ZackAttack23 » Sun Jun 6, 2010 4:49 am

Sachmo wrote:I would prefer Jax over Terry, I like the defensive paring he makes with Wallace I believe that's a large part of what made us (somewhat) successful.

If we do this trade for cap space, I would want to continue on and aim for a complete rebuild.

Would you prefer a 1st rd. pick.
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,491

Post#9 » by GoBobs » Sun Jun 6, 2010 4:58 am

Team gets worse and we don't really save that much money. Not in a way that lets us get a major free agent anyhow. Easy pass.

Might consider Chandler for Damp if you throw in Beaubois.
johnwall
Banned User

Post#10 » by johnwall » Sun Jun 6, 2010 5:08 am

GoBobs wrote:Team gets worse and we don't really save that much money. Not in a way that lets us get a major free agent anyhow. Easy pass.

Might consider Chandler for Damp if you throw in Beaubois.

are u high? we might consider chandler for dampier maybe...... adding roddy is plain ignorant. how about u add gerald henderson with chandler and then u get dampier..... sounds dumb huh
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#11 » by JES12 » Sun Jun 6, 2010 9:04 pm

mindframe wrote:I suggested Jax to Dallas a little while back. A Dallas fan said the Mavs had an opportunity to get him when he was on the block at the beginning of the year and they passed. However, after his resurgence in Charlotte, perhaps the Mavs will reconsider him...

his 'resurganace" What, from 41% to 42% shooting and assists cut in half while his turnovers still stay above 3 per game?

Is that what you are calling a "resurgance?" Newsflash...just because you watch him more does not me he resurged.

As far as this trade goes, Dallas easily declines. We would rather wiave Dampier ourselves than take Chandler's $12 mil which costs us over $24 mil compared to waiving Dampier. And Jackson just is not wanted in Dallas. Not when he was in Indiana. Still not wanted when he was in Golden State. And just because he is in Charlotte, playing just as horrible, does not mean we want him now.

Return to Trades and Transactions