roddy b to tennessee

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Rand10
Starter
And1: 39

Re: roddy b to tennessee 

Post#41 » by Rand10 » Mon Jun 7, 2010 3:35 am

doctor him wrote:I'm trying to say this respectfully.

WHO IS BRENDAN HAYWOOD?!?!?

I mean he's an average center in this league. He's ok.

But when you start making roster decisions around the Brendan Haywoods of the world like keeping him happy is akin to kissing LeBron's or D-Wade's posterior to keep them in town...well I think you overvalue exactly what he is to an extreme degree.

We aren't talking Hakeem here. It's Brendan flippin' Haywood.

Gasol is better than Haywood, but not at the cost of Beaubois, simple as that. It's not kissing Haywood's butt, it's managing your assets. Haywood brings the things you absolutely have to have next to Dirk. He's a great rebounder and shotblocker and he takes the toughest defensive assignment. Post scoring from our center would be nice, but we can more than get by with Haywood as our starter. Beaubois is just too much to give up to upgrade him to Gasol.
colangelo wrote:Nowitzki walk in with Maytricks and says welcome to horse team and championship time.
morgue41
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#42 » by morgue41 » Mon Jun 7, 2010 5:43 am

i personally LOVE roddy, and if you've seen him play at all you would understand why dallas fans have such a mancrush on him. that being said i couldn't hit the accept button fast enough to get gasol here, we could always use haywood in a S&T along with dust for a player we want.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,687

Post#43 » by Cowology » Mon Jun 7, 2010 5:51 am

gswhoops wrote:Associated Press, Dallas

In a star-studded ceremony tonight, Dallas Mavericks' guard Rodrigue Beaubois entered the annals of history when he officially accepted his award as the "Most Overrated Player on RealGM."

"It's been a lifelong dream," Beaubois said. "To be remembered like this is a great honor. I never thought I could pull it off, but once Mavericks fans starting turning down offers for better players at harder-to-fill positions, I knew I had a chance."

Previous recipients, including Anthony Randolph, Andrea Bargnani, Michael Beasley and the entire roster of the Portland Trailblazers, were on hand to witness Beaubois receive the trophy from the current holder, forward Danilo Gallinari of the New York Knicks.

"I'm glad to pass this award on to Roddy," Gallinari said. "Now I can focus on what I do best: filling New Yorkers with false hope."

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was not available for comment.
Best post I've seen in a while. This had me rollin'.
8-) :lol:

Return to Trades and Transactions