CHA - CLE - DET (7 Player Deal)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

CHA - CLE - DET (7 Player Deal) 

Post#1 » by RTM » Sun Jun 6, 2010 7:55 pm

CHA Sends: Jackson, Augustine, Diop, Henderson
CHA Gets: Williams, Hamilton, Green

Charlotte remakes themselves to stay in the playoffs.

Williams / PG
Hamilton / Green
Wallace / Brown
Diaw / Thomas
Chandler / Mohammed / Ajinca

CLE Sends: Williams, Green
CLE Gets: Jackson, Augustin

Cleveland upgrades their back court. Jackson will either be a great compliment to James, or soften the blow in the event he leaves.

Augustine / Gibson / Telfair
Jackson / Parker
James? / Moon
Jamison / Powe
Varejao / Hickson

DET Sends: Hamilton
DET Gets: Diop, Henderson

Detroit dumps Rip. They take on an ugly deal in Diop, but shed salary and get a young defensive SG.

Stuckey / Bynum
Gordon / Henderson
Prince / Daye / Summers
Jerebko / Villanueva / Wilcox
Wallace / Maxiell / Diop
+ #7, #36

Thoughts?
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Re: CHA - CLE - DET (7 Player Deal) 

Post#2 » by princeofpalace » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:02 pm

I really dont see Detroit taking in Diop

SJAX is Charlottes best player, I just dont see CHAR having interest in this deal at all either

Its great for Cleveland but I dont see DET/CHAR having any interest because these trades accomplish nothing for them
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#3 » by DetroitPistons » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:04 pm

Not my favorite rip trade but i would probably do it if there was nothing else we could do. diop has a smaller and shorter deal and i think henderson would be perfect behind gordon.
moevil
Junior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by moevil » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:06 pm

Yeah.
Hamilton can't create his own shot and Williams isn't much of creator. This might bring out Diaw's best Point Forward skills, but it's too risky. If Hamilton could hit .45% from field and 0.4% behind the arc, there is little chance him to succeed.

Still. I would do this deal as Diop's contract is dead awful :D
RTM
RealGM

Post#5 » by RTM » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:07 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:Not my favorite rip trade but i would probably do it if there was nothing else we could do. diop has a smaller and shorter deal and i think henderson would be perfect behind gordon.

This was basically my train of thought for Detroit. They take a overpaid, under-performing big body, but shave a year off Rip's deal and get a nice role player behind BG. Some might argue moving Rip and giving Gordon the green light to start is addition by subtraction for the team in it's current state.
RTM
RealGM

Post#6 » by RTM » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:08 pm

moevil wrote:Yeah.
Hamilton can't create his own shot and Williams isn't much of creator. This might bring out Diaw's best Point Forward skills, but it's too risky. If Hamilton could hit .45% from field and 0.4% behind the arc, there is little chance him to succeed.

Still. I would do this deal as Diop's contract is dead awful :D

Yeah, this deal makes Diaw a lot more important. I figure if anyone can get the most out of Rip, it's LB, and the Cats need all the 3 point shooting they can get.
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#7 » by DetroitPistons » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:10 pm

RTM wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:Not my favorite rip trade but i would probably do it if there was nothing else we could do. diop has a smaller and shorter deal and i think henderson would be perfect behind gordon.

This was basically my train of thought for Detroit. They take a overpaid, under-performing big body, but shave a year off Rip's deal and get a nice role player behind BG. Some might argue moving Rip and giving Gordon the green light to start is addition by subtraction for the team in it's current state.

i agree. the biggest factor was just getting rid of rip (even though i love him). i just want to move on with a stuckey/gordon back court. diops contract will be an expiring after next season so im not really to worried about it. diop is much easier to move than rip as well.
princeofpalace
RealGM

Post#8 » by princeofpalace » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:14 pm

Diop is not going to be easier to move than Rip

Diop is going to be on the IR for the majority of his remaining career and is owed 3/21
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#9 » by DetroitPistons » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:17 pm

Diop's contact only goes for 2 more seasons right? if thats true than i would be ok with having him on our team for a year and then trading his expiring contract the year after. plus we would get henderson who i like.
princeofpalace
RealGM

Post#10 » by princeofpalace » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:18 pm

^
No Diop has 3 more seasons left. As I posted above he has 3/21 remaining which is far to much money to give for a guy to rot on the bench and give the occasional 2 points and 1 rebound.
RTM
RealGM

Post#11 » by RTM » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:20 pm

Yeah, I just realized that I forgot about his player option... Ehh, now I hesitate. A lot.
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#12 » by DetroitPistons » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:21 pm

Ok well i was looking at the trade machine thing and under salary it has diop with 3 years but it has tayshaun with 2 years but we know prince expires after next season so i figured they just haven't updated the years remaining on the contracts which would mean diop really only has 2 years left. idk maybe im wrong. if he does have 3 years left i would really have to rethink it...
princeofpalace
RealGM

Post#13 » by princeofpalace » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:23 pm

There is a great site to go to and get a look at team salaries

This is Charlottes
http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/bobcats.jsp
RTM
RealGM

Post#14 » by RTM » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:23 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:Ok well i was looking at the trade machine thing and under salary it has diop with 3 years but it has tayshaun with 2 years but we know prince expires after next season so i figured they just haven't updated the years remaining on the contracts which would mean diop really only has 2 years left. idk maybe im wrong. if he does have 3 years left i would really have to rethink it...

You were right, it's just that it doesn't account for his play option. I made the same mistake.
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#15 » by DetroitPistons » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:25 pm

O ok. i would probably continue to look for other trades then. i would think we could do something better.
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,490

Post#16 » by GoBobs » Sun Jun 6, 2010 8:44 pm

I don't like the trade as currently constructed for the Bobcats. I think Rip could be a good fit for us despite the risk of his contract being a negative asset. I could deal with a trade that turned Naz + Jackson into Rip + Daye. I know you guys don't want Jackson so we would have to find a third team.

Return to Trades and Transactions