If the Rumors Are True? Is Nash Next To Go?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Re: If the Rumors Are True? Is Nash Next To Go? 

Post#21 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:06 am

DirtyDez wrote:PHX would never take Jose.

Anyway i'd do Nash/Barbosa for Jack/Evans/Beli/#13.

hm id do that, not with Derozan added but your version id do.

Doesnt work though. I checked it out your about 3 million off.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,322

Post#22 » by DirtyDez » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:09 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:

G-Hill just picked up his 3 mil PO he'd probably love to bolt PHX for Toronto if we're not contending. :lol:
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
DJ Mbenga
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#23 » by DJ Mbenga » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:10 am

bcortell wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:
LApwnd wrote:just cause Nash is from Canada doesn't mean he wants to go back there.....he doesn't even like in Canada in the off-season, doens't he live in NY?

"I've enjoyed my success in Phoenix and would love to stay here, but if not Phoenix, playing in Toronto would be a dream come true in many ways."

"As long as it made sense from a basketball perspective and I could be an asset to a competitive team then I would relish the opportunity of playing (in Toronto),"

That's the key right there. If Toronto loses Bosh, are they going to be a competitive team? They weren't a competitive team with him, so the easy answer would be no.

They will just ignore this. Cue the Lebron to Toronto trades.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,041

Post#24 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:10 am

I really can't imagine the Suns wanting to take on either Calderon or Jack. They'll want Dragic to take the reigns for the year and I really don't think Sarver would want either of Calderon or Jack's long term contracts.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#25 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:11 am

DirtyDez wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:

G-Hill just picked up his 3 mil PO he'd probably love to bolt PHX for Toronto if we're not contending. :lol:

no i mean

Jack (4.6)
Evans (5.08)
Belinelli (2.27)
= 15.169 (after 1.25 + 100,000 rule)

Nash (10)
Barbosa (7.1)
= 17.1

so the deal doesnt work. It does without Barbosa (Jack + Evans + #13) or with banks instead of Belinelli (Banks + Evans + Jack + #13 for Nash + Barbosa)
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,322

Post#26 » by DirtyDez » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:21 am

Oh okay i'd do Nash for Jack, Evans, #13. If the Raps can deal Jose somewhere i could see it happening if player start demading trades from here.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#27 » by Grover » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:40 am

I'm surprised Riley would target Stoudemire over Bosh with him being a defensive minded coach. Sounds like potential positive news for my Knicks...or maybe the Bulls. The Suns should at least sign and trade him for a couple of picks Sarver can sell later. The Suns should look in to David Lee. He would probably trump Howard for the rebounding crown and could be a 25/15 player with Nash orchestrating. I was wondering if Suns fans would welcome back Marion and Diaw if the opportunity presented itself?
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,852

Post#28 » by gswhoops » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:45 am

The OP is a pretty weak offer for Nash, even at his age. At a minimum it would take Expirings, DeRozan and #13 to make a competitive offer.
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#29 » by BossHoggin » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:19 am

gswhoops wrote:The OP is a pretty weak offer for Nash, even at his age. At a minimum it would take Expirings, DeRozan and #13 to make a competitive offer.

+1
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#30 » by Kerrsed » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:19 am

In all honesty, i think it would take a 3rd team to make this trade work. Someone that wouldnt mind Caldron as their PG (If there is such a team).
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Post#31 » by N.O.R.E. » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:25 am

I agree with gswhoops, and that would be a pretty damn good deal for Phoenix, and their rebuilding efforts. If Amare agrees to terms with Miami I don't see ANY reason why the Suns wouldn't agree to a S&T, getting Beasley, James Jones (cheap buy-out), future Raps 1st, D. Cook, $3 million (for Jones buyout).

The Suns would have ridiculous amounts of cap space in 2011, and has been known to sign big time FA's (to varying sucess). They'd also have a decent young core:

R.Lopez/#13 - Aldrich
Beasley/E.Clark/Admundson
DeRozan/Dudley
J-Rich/D.Cook/vet min
Dragic/Felton????

The Suns could dump Barbosa and Hill to free up more salary, but would have a pretty decent team in the future. They'd probably tank next season if they start slow to land a top 4 pick in next year's draft. The Suns could make a pitch to Carmelo and perhaps a defensive upgrade at the SG.
SideSwipe
Analyst
And1: 665

Post#32 » by SideSwipe » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:42 am

With Traxxe's statement, Sarver will continue to hamstring the entire Suns organization with his moves, until he makes multiple high-dollar commitments to prove to the world that he will in fact pay to win. To let a 55+ win GM go over a measely 10% and without following his advice in contract negotiations with a major player, will harm PHX's ability to attract anyone significant, unless he is able to go out and land a major GM like Jerry West.

I think Colangelo should come back then recruit West, then we could have the Jerry and Jerry club everyone would want to play for again.
SideSwipe
Analyst

Post#33 » by SideSwipe » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:01 am

The other way to take it is to face the challenge. Offer Amare the max, and look to dump Richardson and Barbosa for 2nd rd picks to clear up space to bring Wade to PHX

Nash/ Dragic
Wade/ FA
Hill/ Dudley/ Clark
Stoudemire/ Amundson (re-sign)/ J. Varnado (#46)
Lopez/ A. Parakhouski (#60)

or if Stoudemire leaves, , then still look to drop Barbosa and Richardson, but then they might have a chance of going after Lebron and Bosh. PHX would still have the best supporting cast of the other teams with capspace, and would have the warm weather that NY, CHI and CLE don't have, without Kobe's shadow in LA, all of that coming off of a deep playoff run to prove the value of the support players. If that looks like a complete non-starter, then drop back and punt with Dirk and Joe Johnson

Nash/ Dragic
Dudley/ Bell (FA)
LBJ/ Hill/ Clark
Bosh/ Amundosn (re-sign)/
Lopez/ Frye (re-sign)/ A. Parakhouski (#60)

or

Nash/ Dragic
Johnson/ Bell (FA)
Hill/ Dudley/ Clark
Nowitzki/ Frye (re-sign)/ Amundson (re-sign)
Lopez/ Frye/
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,501

Post#34 » by bboyskinnylegs » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:48 am

It's really sad that Phoenix management would do this to Nash, especially after doing as well as they did this year and playing pretty well against LA in the conference finals.
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,536

Post#35 » by GoBobs » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:53 am

Bobcats offer DJ + Nazr for Nash. Suns get a prospect on a cheap rookie deal in DJ and an expiring who can fill in for Amare in Nazr. Best thing about this deal..........Suns don't have to take Jose.
SideSwipe
Analyst

Post#36 » by SideSwipe » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:39 am

Did you seriously offer DJ and Nazr for a 2-time MVP that led the league in assists last year and just led his team to the Western Conference finals? CHA would need to offer significantly more than that.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,041

Post#37 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:12 am

SideSwipe wrote:The other way to take it is to face the challenge. Offer Amare the max, and look to dump Richardson and Barbosa for 2nd rd picks to clear up space to bring Wade to PHX

Nash/ Dragic
Wade/ FA
Hill/ Dudley/ Clark
Stoudemire/ Amundson (re-sign)/ J. Varnado (#46)
Lopez/ A. Parakhouski (#60)

or if Stoudemire leaves, , then still look to drop Barbosa and Richardson, but then they might have a chance of going after Lebron and Bosh. PHX would still have the best supporting cast of the other teams with capspace, and would have the warm weather that NY, CHI and CLE don't have, without Kobe's shadow in LA, all of that coming off of a deep playoff run to prove the value of the support players. If that looks like a complete non-starter, then drop back and punt with Dirk and Joe Johnson

Nash/ Dragic
Dudley/ Bell (FA)
LBJ/ Hill/ Clark
Bosh/ Amundosn (re-sign)/
Lopez/ Frye (re-sign)/ A. Parakhouski (#60)

or

Nash/ Dragic
Johnson/ Bell (FA)
Hill/ Dudley/ Clark
Nowitzki/ Frye (re-sign)/ Amundson (re-sign)
Lopez/ Frye/

It's obvious you have a wildly unrealistic view of the Suns and are completely disconnected from how that team operates in the real world. There's NO WAY the Suns pay Amare the max, then turn around and give Wade the max too. That is completely the opposite of how Sarver operates that team. Not to mention that no team with cap space would waste their cap on Richardson AND Barbosa when the likes of Wade, LeBron and Bosh are still available.

I'm glad you made this post however. It makes it obvious how out of touch you are with reality and means I can ignore your opinion whenever I mean see it. In fact, scratch that, I'm just gonna add you to my ignore list, your opinion even aren't worth me reading.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#38 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:53 am

i wouldnt give up 3 young assets to take Nash at 37. So no to Derozan + Expiring + #13. Jack + Expiring + #13 i can do because i feel Nash with Derozan will only speed up his development and thats why i want him on the wing.
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 341

Post#39 » by trebone » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:54 pm

jameer nelson and brandon bass for nash,

you gt an allstar pg and a nice young pf on a decent contract to help with the loss of amare and nelson can still keep the team competitive
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,852

Post#40 » by gswhoops » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:21 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:i wouldnt give up 3 young assets to take Nash at 37. So no to Derozan + Expiring + #13. Jack + Expiring + #13 i can do because i feel Nash with Derozan will only speed up his development and thats why i want him on the wing.

Not to nit pick, but isn't DeRozan + #13 only two young assets?

I'm not going to argue as to whether Toronto should give up DeRozan and their pick for Nash, but that's what it would cost. If Nash were on the market you better believe there are going to be a lot of teams interested, and someone will be willing to give up quite a bit for him.

Return to Trades and Transactions