Four team deal Bosh to Miami, Hornets duo to TO

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Econgrad
Rookie
And1: 80

Four team deal Bosh to Miami, Hornets duo to TO 

Post#1 » by Econgrad » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:02 pm

So, going on the rumours/assumptions:

a) Riley likes Bosh - really wanted him at the draft and it seems Wade is pulling for it too

b) Hornets want to clear out Okafor's salary and have been dangling Collison as the carrot.

c) Heat want another big FA, meaning they will want to ship out the salaries of Beasley and Cook to make it feasible.

d) Now that Kerr is gone, Amare is gone too.

Toronto trades: Bosh
Receives: Okafor, Collison, Barbosa

Okafor has got a huge contract but brings defence to the TO frontcourt. Collison becomes the PG of the future working with Jack or Calderon (whoever BC decides to keep). Barbosa gives them great scoring punch off the bench and a contract that may be a bit big but expires in a two seasons.

Collison, Jack/Calderon
Derozan, Barbosa
Turk or #13, Weems
Bargnani, Johnson
Okafor, Johnson

Miami Trades: Beasley, Cook, TO's first
Receives Bosh.

Miami clears out two players who aren't really in their plans to get Bosh and leave room for Johnson or Gay.

Not even sure how that roster is going to look

Phoenix trades: Barbosa
Receives: Beasley

Phoenix clears up the overloaded backcourt to add in a PF who seems to be well suited to run and gun style. Also clear $2m in salary for the next two seasons, which seems like it would mean a lot to the cheapskate Sarver.

Nash, Dragic
Richardson, Dudley
Hill, Dudley
Beasley, Amundson
Lopez, Frye

NO trades: Okafor, Collison
Receives: Cook, HUGE TPE, TO 1st

Hornets clear out the salary of Okafor, using Collison as the bait and pick up the $1.5m salary of Cook and a future first. The TPE can be held onto to be used as an asset in a future trade or I believe they have the option of having it expire earlier than a year to help push them under the cap.

Paul, Thornton
Peterson, Cook
Stojakovic/Posey, Wright
West, Songalia/Diogu
#11 pick (Aldrich, Whiteside, Orton), FA, Gray
Evermore
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Four team deal Bosh to Miami, Hornets duo to TO 

Post#2 » by Evermore » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:11 pm

Nicely done!

I think all teams involved would be okay with this one...

Although Toronto is a little PG heavy post-trade
Econgrad
Rookie

Post#3 » by Econgrad » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:15 pm

Evermore wrote:Nicely done!

I think all teams involved would be okay with this one...

Although Toronto is a little PG heavy post-trade

Thanks, I think that one of Jack or Calderon will be shipped out this summer. I could see Calderon being shipped to NY for Curry and the Knicks #38 or #39. Raptors could grab Zoubek, Pittman or a Euro prospect.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,294

Post#4 » by BBallFreak » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Miami cuts everyone out, signs Amare, and deals straight up with New Orleans:

Pg: Collison
Sg: Wade
Sf: Q-Rich (signed to the vet minimum)
Pf: Stoudamire
Cc: Okafor
Econgrad
Rookie

Post#5 » by Econgrad » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:39 pm

BBallFreak wrote:Miami cuts everyone out, signs Amare, and deals straight up with New Orleans:

Pg: Collison
Sg: Wade
Sf: Q-Rich (signed to the vet minimum)
Pf: Stoudamire
Cc: Okafor

You've mentioned cutting out TO, fair enough,but we've been hearing for a long time that Riley really likes Bosh. From an outside perspective, I would think a lineup like this looks better:

Johnson
Wade
Richardson/ #18
Bosh
Anthony, Magloire

I think Anthony and Magloire (or other vet min center) give quite a bit on the defensive end and a Johnson and Wade backcourt would be unbelievable.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,294

Post#6 » by BBallFreak » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:55 pm

Nah. A legit center is a big deal.

Besides, the Suns insider, Traxxe, says Miami is hot after Amare and that he, not Bosh, is their first choice. He also said that Amare wants to go to Miami as well. We'll see. Either way, I'd rather make that push for Collison and Okafor, while still getting an outstanding power player like Amare, rather than letting someone else get talent that they don't really deserve (because sign and trades should NOT yield that sort of result for the losing team).

Sorry. Just how I feel...
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#7 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Since when does Barbosa get you Beasley? First Heat fans are saying that Beasley was untouchable for Bosh now they deal him for Barbosa?

Toronto says no anyways to this deal Collison is good but I don't know if he's that good. We could get Oak I feel for cheaper if we wanted him and send Bosh to Chitown or somewhere else for better pieces like Deng and rebuilding peices.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Skeezo
Analyst
And1: 2,737

Post#8 » by Skeezo » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:56 am

Raptor Fan here... I don't see it as a bad trade at all from our perspective, but I really don't see the need to have Phoenix involved at all... N.O wants to shed salary, YES, but they still need to field a team around Paul & if they are losing Okafor they could use a lil help up front (Beasley)... There are definite possibilities to get these 3 teams involved if Bosh does want to go to Miami...

I would amend it this way...

Toronto Trades: C.Bosh (S&T), J.Jack, M.Banks, M.Belinelli
Toronto Receives: E.Okafor, D.Collison, 2011 1st Rd (Tor via Mia), 2011 1st Rd (Mia)

Why? Toronto would rather have their 1st Rd pick back then Barbosa as they already have DeRozan & Weems, & Belinelli... They give up J.Jack, but the addtional picks will make getting rid of the Turk experiment much easier... Calderon can still be a fantastic backup PG behind Collison & has developed a good relationship with Amir on the court which could help the 2nd unit... 10-11m per year for both your PG's is fantastic value... Draft P.George with #13, resign A.Johnson & you still have the MLE, Evans (expiring) & picks to turn Turk into a back-up C or an alternative SF if George is not ready...

C Okafor
PF Bargnani/Johnson
SF George/M.Peterson
SG DeRozan/Weems
PG Collison/Calderon

Miami Trades: M.Beasley, 2011 1st Rd (Tor), 2011 1st Rd (Mia)
Miami Receives: C.Bosh, J.Jack

Why? Really if Miami is getting Bosh there isn't much need for Beasley, so instead of creating some additonal cap space by getting rid of Beasley they exchange it for a need... A STARTING PG... 2 mid to late 1st Rds is not all that much of a loss... Even after this Miami now has 3 positons filled there 1st rounder signed (Albi/Patterson/Orton/Whiteside) & still will have approx 12m in cap space to find a SF & fill out the roster... I'd imagine if they want with that space they could resign all of Wright/O'Neal/Haslem...

C O'Neal/Alabi
PF Bosh/Haslem
SF Wright
SG Wade/Cook
PG Jack/Chalmers

N.O Trades: E.Okafor, D.Collison
N.O Receives: Beasley, Banks

Why? The Hornets get the best of both worlds in this deal... They alleviate a heavy amount of financial burden in Okafor not only long term but immediately to the tune of 7m which is more like 14m considering they are a tax team... Yes they are giving up some talent in Collison to do it, but they still get back some talent in Beasley & some depth to the roster with Belinelli & Banks... Depending on how they draft (Hayward) they can utilize the expiring contract of Stojakovic to get some more help up front...

C West
PF Beasley
SF Hayward/Stojakovic/Wright/Posey
SG Thorton/Belinelli
PG Paul/Banks
Flash is the Future
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#9 » by Flash is the Future » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:17 am

Miami deals with New Orleans straight up every time. By dealing straight up with New Orleans, Miami could in theory not use their cap-space, allowing us to keep our MLE and acquire players by using JO+QRich as manufactured expiring contracts. We might even take Turkolgu from Toronto that way.

Like this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1020505
nikkoewan
Senior
And1: 1

Post#10 » by nikkoewan » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:19 am

^ THAT IS BAD FOR THE HORNETS. I MEAN BAD BAD BAD....

West @ CENTER?! (*gasp*) with Beasley @ PF?!(*chokes*) and Hayward/Peja @ SF?!(*falls to the floor*) with 2 small guards, who although are adequate(in Paul's case, great defender).. I say we just keep our team.. unless we also receive the 18th and the 13th i say SUPER NO DEAL...
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 12,127

Post#11 » by Effigy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:56 am

Skeezo wrote:Toronto Trades: C.Bosh (S&T), J.Jack, M.Banks, M.Belinelli
Toronto Receives: E.Okafor, D.Collison, 2011 1st Rd (Tor via Mia), 2011 1st Rd (Mia)

Sorry man, the Raptors aren't getting anything near that good for Bosh. Miami definately isn't giving that pick up. That thing could be gold in a few years when the protection wears off.

Oh and I agree with ^ Terrible deal for NO.

Return to Trades and Transactions