LAC/NOH/SAC/NYK Blockbuster

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

LAC/NOH/SAC/NYK Blockbuster 

Post#1 » by SportsFan215 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:37 pm

Clippers Get: Paul/Okafor
Clippers Give: Baron/Gordon/Kaman/#8

The Clippers get their PG finally and pair him up with Blake Griffin for the foreseeable future. While they give up a lot here, they do not not cut into their precious cap space at all.

Hornets Get: Kaman/Casspi/Curry/#5
Hornets Give: Paul/Okafor

The Hornets go in another direction, that sets them up very well for the future, but it also keeps them in contention now. First they turn Okafor and his bloated contract into an all-star center, and then they get a promising rookie in Casspi to fill the SF spot. Oh yeah, and they get the #5 pick in the draft this year.

Kings Get: Gordon/#8
Kings Give: Casspi/#5

The Kings get the perfect backcourt compliment to Tyreke in Eric Gordon, and they only fall 3 spots to #8 where they could take Aminu, Hayward, or George to be their SF.

Knicks Get: Baron
Knicks Give: Curry

The Knicks get a former all-star PG for their trash, and this barely even touches their cap space. Baron would thrive in D'Antoni's offense, which could bring him back to his GSW days.

Thoughts?
nflBLITZ2000
Rookie
And1: 3

Re: LAC/NOH/SAC/NYK Blockbuster 

Post#2 » by nflBLITZ2000 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:10 pm

cut the knicks out, we really have no desire for baron

^ By Kerrsed
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#3 » by Bac2Basics » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:13 pm

I don't like it for Sacramento.

I don't think the Clippers let Gordon go anyway.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
ClipperEric
Rookie
And1: 5

Post#4 » by ClipperEric » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:46 pm

Chris Paul isn't worth everything the Clips are giving up. Exclude Gordon and maybe.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,021

Post#5 » by Rockazoids » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:57 pm

And somehow NY turns Curry expiring deal in Baron Davis 41M$ deal. :lol:
The OP should write for Jay Leno. :nod:
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,021

Post#6 » by Rockazoids » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:40 am

To add to what I have posted
moocow007 wrote:So having Baron Davis on the Clips has done what for them again? And Davis is part of the future how again? And he's owed how much money again? And who is the owner of the Clips again? To which...when does big contracts for declining players on teams that that don't need him and an ownership with a track record of pinching pennies supposed to be such an asset again? If Sterling can get even a remote whiff of a expiring contract does anyone think he'd pass on it?

For those that are just flying by the seat of their pants, here's the realtiy of Baron Davis:

1. 3 years and $42 million left on his contract.
2. His team ended up with a the same identical record as the Knicks 29-53.
3. He's 31 years old and is coming of the worse 2 seasons of his career statistically.
4. He's shot a combined 38.5% from the field the last 2 seasons (including 29% from 3...come on guys use the cliche...you know how much D'Antoni loves guys that can hit the 3).
5. The Clips would save almost $31 million in a straight Curry for Davis swap...that's $31,000,000.

Absolutely no reason why the Knicks would have to include anything else as an incentive.

And OBVIOUSLY we're assuming the Knicks, in this scenario, will have landed at least Lebron, otherwise there's no reason for them to add Davis AT ALL...AT ALL. I mean honestly, the Clips had Davis and I'm sure everyone is going to argue that ?they have a more talented team and what has that done for them again?

And if it was just about talent (as this little sidetrack on the bigger deal has become) then the Knicks AND Clips wouldn't be in the position they are as a franchise. Reality (there's that word again) is that it's NOT just about talent. It's about fit, it's about financial responsibility, it's about team building. Things that neither team has done even remotely well for a long, long time. And guys like Baron Davis are some of the reasons why. Heck Isiah Thomas' modus operandi was always about getting the most talent in deal regardless of fit, salary and common sense. And we all know how well that went right?
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
chriswebb86
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#7 » by chriswebb86 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:00 am

I think it is an interesting deal, especially if the Kings are looking to Draft Babbit or Hayword for their SF position.
longfellow44
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#8 » by longfellow44 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:51 am

Gordon is one of my favorite young players but I would probably pass on this. I'm pretty set on the idea of drafting cousins at 5, the potential of our lineup is just significantly highr with a player like cousins.

Return to Trades and Transactions