OKC/MIN (Jefferson)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

sterncohen
Bench Warmer
And1: 38

OKC/MIN (Jefferson) 

Post#1 » by sterncohen » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:03 pm

OKC out/ MIN in:

Jeff Green
Byron Mullens
Morris Peterson (if Kahn wants an expiring - trade can't be official until Peterson can be moved again) or Nenad Krstic (if Kahn wants a big coming back)
Future LAC 1st round pick acquired yesterday

for

Al Jefferson

Should Minnesota make this trade? No - 20/10 guys are a rare breed and a healthy Jefferson is worth more than the OKC package. Would Minnesota make this trade? After last night's miserable performance, and the rampant rumors that they've decided they have to move Jefferson, hard to see them turning it down - young pieces plus cap relief.

As for OKC, Aldrich / Jefferson / Durant / Sefolosha / Westbrook, backed by Collision / Ibaka / Harden / Maynor is more than worth the pieces they'd have to give up.
Big_Mac79
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Re: OKC/MIN (Jefferson) 

Post#2 » by Big_Mac79 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:16 pm

I don't think OKC should make this deal
Winter Wonder
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Winter Wonder » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:10 pm

Though some redundancy in positions and not having enough roster slots by the time the season starts, I think MN jumps on it and don't think OKC would offer it. It would be the expiring version I believe.

I would give pause due to thinking Jefferson can improve his trade value this year (it is far lower now than in recent years) but it clears up some of the MN logjam.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#4 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:12 pm

MN just doesn't need more SF's.

Harden + whatever for Jefferson.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,108

Post#5 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:17 pm

The most OKC would give is Jeff Green + Exps. I dont think Harden is included nor Ibaka. Also no way you get the Clips 1st. We saw this weekend how much cap space/and big contracts cost teams.
slinky
Bench Warmer
And1: 76

Post#6 » by slinky » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:51 pm

Would rather keep Jefferson if this is the offer...Green is due a contract next offseason, that MIN will not be able to pay given the current log jam at SF. The rest of the deal is just junk coming back to the wolves MIN...

OKC is not a good trading partner with the wolves unless they want to trade Harden, and even then neither OKC or MIN would trade Harden for Jefferson...and MIN won't trade Love for without something coming back with Harden(something OKC does not want to do)
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#7 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:37 pm

Yeah, I'd sooner jsut give Al to a team with cap space that strikes out in free agency then to take this deal
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#8 » by revprodeji » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:43 pm

I think OKC should figure out what they can do to get Al. He would be an excellent #2 next to Durant.

Aldrich+Harden? MN gets their local big and a good wing prospect.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#9 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:33 pm

I think we would take Harden + Collison at this point.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,060

Post#10 » by slick_watts » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:41 pm

This draft shows that OKC is commited to James Harden IMO and feels he can start and be a #2 / #3 (with Russell Westbrook) behind Kevin Durant. The fact that we went after a defensive center who will improve our poor defensive rebounding and size issues (and dipped into our cap space to do it) tells me that Presti will likely stick with what he's got as far as Green and Harden are concerned. He'll see if we develop enough clout offensively to compliment our defense.

I'm not sure I agree with this approach, but there will be just as much opportunity next offseason as there is now to re-evaluate and acquire a #2 paint option if we need to.

Don't think Jefferson is a logical fit right now.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#11 » by shangrila » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:54 am

slick_watts wrote:This draft shows that OKC is commited to James Harden IMO and feels he can start and be a #2 / #3 (with Russell Westbrook) behind Kevin Durant. The fact that we went after a defensive center who will improve our poor defensive rebounding and size issues (and dipped into our cap space to do it) tells me that Presti will likely stick with what he's got as far as Green and Harden are concerned. He'll see if we develop enough clout offensively to compliment our defense.

I'm not sure I agree with this approach, but there will be just as much opportunity next offseason as there is now to re-evaluate and acquire a #2 paint option if we need to.

Don't think Jefferson is a logical fit right now.

Well said. While I'd like a Harden and Collison or Murphy deal for Jefferson, I can't see Oklahoma doing it without some idea of what they'd do with Green or, now that I think about it, to break up a team that pushed the eventual champions to 7 games.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#12 » by djthesonicsfan » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:35 am

The guy that's most likely to replace Green at PF is Ibaka not Jefferson.

Return to Trades and Transactions