DET Full Rebuild (With UTH, PDX & SA)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NBAMAN2006
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

DET Full Rebuild (With UTH, PDX & SA) 

Post#1 » by NBAMAN2006 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:57 am

Detroit Trades
-Rip Hamilton
-Jason Maxiell

Utah Trades
-AK47

WHY DETROIT DOES IT
They shed a longer deal and secure a versatile SF with a expiring deal. While Rip has a great legacy with Detroit, they are in rebuild mode and can afford to deal him, along with Max’s relatively bad deal, for a EC who can also play.

WHY UTAH DOES IT
They are getting Al Jefferson, most likely, for a few 1st’s and a TPE. Here, they go all out. Rip covers the loss of Wes, and gives them a great complimentary guy good for 15ppg at SG. In Max, despite his bad deal, they get a great backup PF who can cover for Millsap when he is out. Overall, they take on a good deal of $ but secure themselves as a top 2nd tier Western team (The Lakers are the only 1st tier team), and are arguably the 2nd best team in the West. NOTE : They go on to offer Brewer part of the MLE.

PG – Deron Williams / Ronnie Price / Sundiata Gaines
SG – Rip Hamilton / CJ Miles
SF – Ronnie Brewer / Gordon Hayward
PF – Paul Millsap / Jason Maxiell / (Mehmet Okur)
C – Al Jefferson / Mehmet Okur / Kosta Koufos

----------------------

Portland Trades
-Joel Pryzbilla to San Antonio
-Andre Miller to Detroit
-Jerryd Bayless to San Antonio
-Rudy Fernandez to Detroit
-2011 lotto-protected 1st to Detroit

Portland Receives
-Tony Parker from San Antonio
-Antonio McDyess from San Antonio
-Chris Maxiell from Detroit

Detroit Trades
-Tay Prince to San Antonio
-Chris Maxiell to Portland

Detroit Receives
-Andre Miller from Portland
-Rudy Fernandez from Portland
-2011 lotto-protected 1st from Portland
-Future 1st from San Antonio

San Antonio Trades
-Tony Parker to Portland
-Antonio McDyess to Portland
-Future 1st to Detroit

San Antonio Receives
-Joel Pryzbilla from Portland
-Tay Prince from Detroit
-Jerryd Bayless from Portland

WHY PORTLAND DOES IT
It’s the consolidation deal they need. They move a bunch of assets to secure a great PG, whom also fits their team quite well. Tony Parker is the legit 2nd all-star this team desperately needs. He can get to the rim, while also playing off the ball (As shown in playing with Manu). They might be throwing all their eggs in one basket, but it’s a necessary throw (LOL). In Dyess’, they get a legit vet backup PF to take over for Juwan. Finally, Wilcox can be a decent 3rd string backup PF/C.

PG – Tony Parker / (Brandon Roy) / Patty Mills or Armon Johnson
SG – Brandon Roy / Wes Matthews / Elliot Williams
SF – Nicolas Batum / Wes Matthews / Luke Babbitt
PF – LaMarcus Aldridge / Antonio McDyess / Dante Cunningham / (Chris Wilcox)
C – Greg Oden / Marcus Camby / Chris Wilcox / Jeff Pendergraph

WHY SAN ANTONIO DOES IT
They are starting George Hill, whom has proved to be a straight stud with possibly the chance to be as good as TP, IMO. This makes Parker available. There, they secure a great starting SF in Prince, who seemingly is Pops wet dream at SF. They also get a scorer off the bench in Bayless, who could really energize their bench. Finally, if Pryz get helthy this season, he is a awesome backup C. If not, he is an expiring contract. NOTE : They go on to re-sign Keith Bogans a vet min deal.

PG – George Hill / Jerryd Bayless
SG – Maun Ginobli / James Anderson
SF – Tay Prince / Keith Bogans / Malik Harriston
PF – Tim Duncan / DeJuan Blair / Matt Bonner
C – Tiago Splitter / [Joel Pryzbilla IR] / Matt Bonner

WHY DETROIT DOES IT
They move Tay’s long contract for an expiring in Andre, and a ‘poor mans Rip’ in Rudy. They also manage to snag two 1st round picks, and overall continue their rebuild. I think it’s a clear step in the right direction for this team with little to no identity. These two deals may cost them a few wins in the immediate time frame, but will pay off in the future. NOTE : A) I know Monroe is out of position, he slides back to PF after this season and DET targets an athletic, shot blocking compliment to him at C in the draft or FA next year. B) They re-sign Kwame to a 1 year deal as a stopgap backup C.

2010/11 DETROIT PISTONS
PG – Andre Miller [EC] / Rodney Stuckey / Terrico White
SG – Rudy Fernandez / Ben Gordon / Terrico White
SF – Jonas Jerebko / Austin Daye / DaJuan Summers
PF – AK-47 [EC] / Charlie Villanueva / Austin Daye
C – Greg Monroe / Kwame Brown
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Re: DET Full Rebuild (With UTH, PDX & SA) 

Post#2 » by red4hf » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:53 am

Hamilton's contract is just too big........ I don't think at this stage in his career, coming off an injury plagued year, he's going to be a difference maker for the Jazz......

Might as well match Matthews, at half the price, and hope he develops further.......
ballhawk1
Starter
And1: 8
Location: Ability gets you to the top, character keeps you there

Post#3 » by ballhawk1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Deron Williams reminds me of a younger version of Billups. Hamilton would thrive alongside Williams. It would for one of the best back-court tandems in the NBA.
For the first time in my life I realized that I was truly happy.......then I remembered I was drunk.
Agenda42
General Manager
And1: 461

Post#4 » by Agenda42 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Who is Chris Maxiell? I hope he has a more favorable contract than Jason Maxiell :) This looks like a clear yes for Portland.

Pretty sure this is a huge no from Utah, who are tapped out on payroll.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#5 » by RTM » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:04 pm

Detroit does these deals.

I think there's a chance Utah would take on Rip (although it seemed far more likely before signing Bell), but not Maxiell too, and not for AK.
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 386

Post#6 » by pad300 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:56 pm

SAS say jump in a lake. George Hill is not ready to take over the team. They need a starter level PG back if they trade TP. This doesn't do it...Not to mention the value SUCKS for them.

consider

Future 1st > Bayless (no, I'm not impressed with Bayless)
Mcdyess >= Pryzbilla ; Is Pryzbilla even going to play again?
Parker >>>>> Prince
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#7 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:02 pm

pad300 wrote:SAS say jump in a lake. George Hill is not ready to take over the team. They need a starter level PG back if they trade TP. This doesn't do it...Not to mention the value SUCKS for them.

consider

Future 1st > Bayless (no, I'm not impressed with Bayless)
Mcdyess >= Pryzbilla ; Is Pryzbilla even going to play again?
Parker >>>>> Prince

A future first is definitely not better than Bayless. If any team knows what he can do, it's the Spurs when he burned you guys on your home floor for 31pts and lead a hobbled Blazer team to a road win during the worst of their injury woes last season

And yes, Przybilla IS going to play again. The latest from the Blazers is that he's trying to make it back by training camp, but it'll likely be around November when he's back. He won't be missing much time.

If you don't like the deal, that's fine, I don't particularly care. But at least get some facts straight.

The team that really throws a fit here is Utah. I can't imagine them being happy with Rip's contract.
OscarusPrime32
Senior
And1: 0

Post#8 » by OscarusPrime32 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:11 pm

Yes for Portland especially and they're able to extend tp
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 386

Post#9 » by pad300 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:19 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
A future first is definitely not better than Bayless. If any team knows what he can do, it's the Spurs when he burned you guys on your home floor for 31pts and lead a hobbled Blazer team to a road win during the worst of their injury woes last season

And yes, Przybilla IS going to play again. The latest from the Blazers is that he's trying to make it back by training camp, but it'll likely be around November when he's back. He won't be missing much time.

If you don't like the deal, that's fine, I don't particularly care. But at least get some facts straight.

The team that really throws a fit here is Utah. I can't imagine them being happy with Rip's contract.

You are entitled to your opinions. However, Bayless has never posted a PER above 15 (average) for a season. He's never posted a WP/48 above 0.1 (again average). In comparison to TP, who posted a 16.5 PER in his 2nd season, and a WP/48 of 0.148.

The highest assist % Bayless's ever posted (for a season) is 22.1%. Tony Parker has a lousy assist % for a pg, and the lowest he has ever posted is 23.9% in his rookie season. Parker has a higher usage rate and a lower turnover rate. Bayless is a 6'3" SG in the NBA; he's not skilled enough at controlling a team to be the PG, and he's not big enough to defend SG's (6'5"+ in the NBA). His ceiling is Ben Gordon, and I'm not sure he'll get that far... So no, I don't like Bayless, again, your entitled to you opinion.

As far as Pryzbilla, great that he's attempting to comeback, good for him. At present, I call it 50-50 as to if he will succeed in returning to his former level of play, and I have no idea if he will be able to get another NBA contract after this one expires. Neither do you until he actually logs some playing time.

Return to Trades and Transactions