Raps for C

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

djiczman82
Freshman
And1: 2

Raps for C 

Post#1 » by djiczman82 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:49 am

Now that Tyson is gone to dallas,thanks to MJ.Do you think Raptors should turn there attention to Center like Okafor who might have a big contract like caldron , but can bea very effective around the board and get rebounds and block shots.We can trade our expiring contract, draft picks, and TPE to them which can bring their pay roll significantly down for next year. He is lot younger than Tyson and has more athletic, tougher ,and less injury prone.At the same time CP may be getting traded to this off season becasue new orleans seems to be in a rebuilding phase and cost cutting phase. If we are not able to get Okafor what possible centers are avaliable for toronto to trade or sign ?
crzycnk62
Senior
And1: 2

Re: Raps for C 

Post#2 » by crzycnk62 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:52 am

okafor and collision..even if it costs us miami first pick and all our TE would even throw in belli...so okafor for TE and belli and ist for collision
thetofuroom
Senior
And1: 1

Post#3 » by thetofuroom » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:57 am

If they can pull of a trade for Okafor, I think he would be a great fit on the Raps.
TheBirdman11
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by TheBirdman11 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:58 am

rent a troy murphy for a year for ed davis to play under
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#5 » by old rem » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:23 am

crzycnk62 wrote:okafor and collision..even if it costs us miami first pick and all our TE would even throw in belli...so okafor for TE and belli and ist for collision

At least put DeRozean is instead of Belli. He's overrated but at least then the Hornets might bite.
Okafor isn't a bad player if you are getting him for nothing. Collison helps Tor more than DeRozean.
CENSORED... No comment.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#6 » by bboyskinnylegs » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:21 pm

^^ Collison would be nice, but definitely not at the expense of DeRozan--he's staying. Not so high on Okafor either, we're on our way to building a solid young team with good financial flexibility--we just moved Hedo's longterm deal, why would we undo that and take on the remaining $53 million on Okafor's contract?
Relentless88
RealGM
And1: 101

Post#7 » by Relentless88 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:36 pm

old rem wrote:
crzycnk62 wrote:okafor and collision..even if it costs us miami first pick and all our TE would even throw in belli...so okafor for TE and belli and ist for collision

At least put DeRozean is instead of Belli. He's overrated but at least then the Hornets might bite.
Okafor isn't a bad player if you are getting him for nothing. Collison helps Tor more than DeRozean.

We're not dealing DeRozan/TPE for Okafor/Collison. Have you seen Okafor's contract? The incentive for using the TPE on Okafor IS Collison....
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#8 » by Jase » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:36 pm

djiczman82 wrote:Now that Tyson is gone to dallas,thanks to MJ.Do you think Raptors should turn there attention to Center like Okafor who might have a big contract like caldron , but can bea very effective around the board and get rebounds and block shots.We can trade our expiring contract, draft picks, and TPE to them which can bring their pay roll significantly down for next year. He is lot younger than Tyson and has more athletic, tougher ,and less injury prone.At the same time CP may be getting traded to this off season becasue new orleans seems to be in a rebuilding phase and cost cutting phase. If we are not able to get Okafor what possible centers are avaliable for toronto to trade or sign ?

If it was any other GM running the show, it wouldn't be that GM's name. It would be the team. It would be "Charlotte is reluctant to send Chandler to Toronto for Calderon," as opposed to it being MJ's reluctance. I just find this to be interesting.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#9 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:36 pm

Well id inquire about Kosta Koufous with Minnesota about possibly for the Heat 2011 1st pick.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#10 » by gswhoops » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:45 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:Well id inquire about Kosta Koufous with Minnesota about possibly for the Heat 2011 1st pick.

Koufos is exactly what Toronto doesn't need at C: a face up, jump shooting big who lacks toughness.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#11 » by gswhoops » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:47 pm

Thinking about Minny, what about Ryan Hollins for a TPE? He's reasonably young, athletic and can block a few shots iirc.
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#12 » by HomieOmey » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:00 pm

Jase wrote:If it was any other GM running the show, it wouldn't be that GM's name. It would be the team. It would be "Charlotte is reluctant to send Chandler to Toronto for Calderon," as opposed to it being MJ's reluctance. I just find this to be interesting.

It wasn't the GM who declined though. The GM agreed to the deal. It was the owner, MJ, who decided to 'X' the deal.
HomieOmey
Head Coach

Post#13 » by HomieOmey » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:02 pm

I would probably take Okafor & Posey for Calderon, Evans + Marco (both ending).
TurboZ
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#14 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:05 pm

What about Steven Hunter?

Raps still have room under cap I believe to offer him something like a 3 year, $10 million deal (Johan Petro money). His career blocks per 48 mins is over 3 and at 29, is a solid veteran with 400 games played and 130 starts.
HomieOmey
Head Coach

Post#15 » by HomieOmey » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:13 pm

I actually think we're better off not going after a center. With Amir Johnson, Kleiza, and Ed Davis, Bargnani is still going to get the bulk of his playing time at Center. At least Amir is a better and more willing defender than Bosh. Bargs has been a decent man to man defender in the past. AS long as we improve the team defense, I rather not waste money on aging stop gap centers like Steven Hunter. Bargs is a weak help defender, but we're not getting an elite weak side defender. Focus on trimming salary and improving team defense first. Unless another Chandler falls in our lap.
TurboZ
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#16 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:17 pm

old rem wrote:

Oak is a bad contract nobody is giving you raw cap space and a good young prospect in DeRozan just for Collison. I am not sold on the whole Collison as a defensive lockdown PG with 20-8 potential. Sure he played good last season but Toronto doesn't need him at the cost of a massive TPE, 1st round pick and DeRozan. That's wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much to give up for Collison and Oak.

I would rather keep what we have and tank this year for a guy like Perry Jones III and use our expiring contracts to get a PG from somebody.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#17 » by Morris_Shatford » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:45 pm

old rem wrote:

I don't know about that;
I may be way off base but Okafor while talented has value around the Zero mark because of the contact that he is attached to.

If the Raps were doing Okafor for expiring deals then I could see the need for a little more butter, but if the Raps are sucking up Okafor for a TPE then there has to be an asset coming their way from the Hornets to acknowledge the favor.

Return to Trades and Transactions