Indy fills up with the Pistons

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,366

Indy fills up with the Pistons 

Post#1 » by jowglenn » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:59 pm

Looks like we hit a good one with Collison, but we do need a new PF.....

BAM Pistons come over here. Larry wants to love you like he just loved the Hornets.

Oh, baby, it's gonna be a good deal for you. We'll take those bad contracts off your hands like we did for New Orleans, ain't that nice of us?

Hamilton
Maxiell
Jerebko

for

Dunleavy
Posey
Dahntay Jones

Why for Pistons: Move the 2 bad contracts of guys who are at glutted positions. Hamilton is way overpaid and old, so you don't really want him anyway. Get back expiring/smaller contracts

Why for Pacers: Use 3 guys who we really don't need tha tmuch to get a good banger PF (Maxiell) a legit veteran champion scorer (Hamilton) and a young prospect F (Jerebko)

Collison/Price/Stephenson
Hamilton/Rush/Stephenson
Granger/George/Jerebko
Maxiell/Hansbrough/Jerebko
Hibbert/Foster/McBobs/Rolle
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Re: Indy fills up with the Pistons 

Post#2 » by azuresou1 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:11 pm

Hm... It's not a bad deal, but I think Detroit could get better value for what they send out - a team like Dallas might give Terry/Stevenson for Rip/Maxiell, saving Detroit slightly more money and without sending out Jerebko.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,091

Post#3 » by tiderulz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:13 pm

so because the Pacers need a PF, you are going to force Rip on them to combine with an undersized Maxiell? Doesnt make sense. They need a better PF than that to take on Rip
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#4 » by azuresou1 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Isn't jowglenn a Pacers fan?
Master Shake
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#5 » by Master Shake » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Actually... this deal is beyond horrible for Detroit, for a number of reasons... if you can't see them feel free to ask me why and I'll be happy to give you a lengthy explanation.

I'll start with this though, the 3 players Detroit trades are far better than the 3 players Indiana trades... would you guys trade 3 good players for 3 crappy ones? Didn't think so.
whatchaknow wrote: I would rather have Batum than Monroe...

Well, at least we aren't Cleveland... seriously... Indians, Cavs, Browns... ouch.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#6 » by princeofpalace » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:08 pm

Take out Jonas and its a deal but I don't think Posey can be packaged with anyone in a trade this soon
ahartleyvu
Bench Warmer
And1: 56

Post#7 » by ahartleyvu » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:22 pm

I really don't think we (Indy) want Rip.

40.9% FG
29.7% 3PT

He is very inefficient. We'd be better off just signing Allen Iverson. And yes, I'm exaggerating.
ballhawk1
Starter
And1: 8
Location: Ability gets you to the top, character keeps you there

Post#8 » by ballhawk1 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:33 pm

jowglenn wrote:Looks like we hit a good one with Collison, but we do need a new PF.....

BAM Pistons come over here. Larry wants to love you like he just loved the Hornets.

Oh, baby, it's gonna be a good deal for you. We'll take those bad contracts off your hands like we did for New Orleans, ain't that nice of us?

Hamilton
Maxiell
Jerebko

for

Dunleavy
Posey
Dahntay Jones

Why for Pistons: Move the 2 bad contracts of guys who are at glutted positions. Hamilton is way overpaid and old, so you don't really want him anyway. Get back expiring/smaller contracts

Why for Pacers: Use 3 guys who we really don't need tha tmuch to get a good banger PF (Maxiell) a legit veteran champion scorer (Hamilton) and a young prospect F (Jerebko)

Collison/Price/Stephenson
Hamilton/Rush/Stephenson
Granger/George/Jerebko
Maxiell/Hansbrough/Jerebko
Hibbert/Foster/McBobs/Rolle

Detroit Declines.
For the first time in my life I realized that I was truly happy.......then I remembered I was drunk.
jowglenn
General Manager

Post#9 » by jowglenn » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:57 pm

Clarification - I am a pacers fan.

I'm glad both sides are rejecting this. It means it has potential. (strange, isn't it?)

ahartleyvu wrote:I really don't think we (Indy) want Rip.

40.9% FG
29.7% 3PT

He is very inefficient. We'd be better off just signing Allen Iverson. And yes, I'm exaggerating.

He is RECENTLY very inefficient. I mean, come on, that Detroit team has been in turmoil for a while - different coaches, different players, different systems. Billups left, the championship core fell apart, and he was forced to do way different things than he used to. But if you look at his career he's fairly steady. Play with a decent PG like Collison, a scoring threat like Granger, and a post passer like Hibbert, and Rip can easily go back to 48% FG, 44% 3p like he had 3 seasons ago. Or at least 46% FG, 40% 3P.

Master Shake wrote:I'll start with this though, the 3 players Detroit trades are far better than the 3 players Indiana trades... would you guys trade 3 good players for 3 crappy ones? Didn't think so.

You are correct! Let's also look at 2 key facts:

1. Hamilton is old.
2. Hamilton and Gordon combine to make basically the most expensive SG combo in the entire league.
3. Maxiell is sort of stuck around the same position as villanueva, daye, and monroe.
4. Detroit isn't going to win anything any time soon and it's pointless to pay lots of money to these guys.

Most importantly:

Richard Hamilton 12,500,000 12,650,000 12,650,000
Jason Maxiell 5,000,000 5,000,000 5,000,000
Jerebko cheap rookie 2nd round pick deal

vs

Jones 2,500,000 2,700,000 2,900,000
James Posey 6,478,600 6,925,400
Mike Dunleavy 10,561,384

Hmmmmm. So hamilton/maxiell make a combined..... 54 million over the next three years. While Jones/Posey/Dunleavy combine to make.... 32 million.

So that's the reasoning for Detroit. Give more minutes to Gordon, Villanueva, Monroe, Daye, Summers, and pare down the payroll in advance of selling the team, which they're doing.

tiderulz wrote:so because the Pacers need a PF, you are going to force Rip on them to combine with an undersized Maxiell? Doesnt make sense. They need a better PF than that to take on Rip

I think Rip still has a lot left in the tank, as he is a SG in teh catch-and-shoot mold of Reggie Miller and Ray Allen, who both continued producing well into their late 30s.

I think Maxiell is undersized, but so are a lot of PFs these days. I like his scrappiness, and I think he'd be good next to Hibbert. [

quote="princeofpalace"]Take out Jonas and its a deal but I don't think Posey can be packaged with anyone in a trade this soon[/quote]

Damn, I forgot about that. Well, cancel that one.
ahartleyvu
Bench Warmer

Post#10 » by ahartleyvu » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:01 pm

So you don't think Rip's age has anything to do with his decline?

12.5, 12.65, 12.65 is a ridiculous contract.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#11 » by princeofpalace » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Rips deal is 12.5, 12.5, 12.5

Pistons won't give up youth to move Rip and history says that they won't need to
swedisheagle74
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#12 » by swedisheagle74 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:31 pm

40.9% FG
29.7% 3PT

Looking at one seasons numbers (full of injuries) is very narrow minded. Luckily a guy like Larry Bird looks at playoff and career numbers!!! And even he knows Detroit hangs up and never talks to him again; thus, Bird doesn't even bother making the offer.
swedisheagle74
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#13 » by swedisheagle74 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:33 pm

RIP would be a stud between DC and Granger... Maxiel has a wing span that makes him as big as a 6-10 center. He is 260 and very powerful.
jowglenn
General Manager

Post#14 » by jowglenn » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:34 pm

ahartleyvu wrote:So you don't think Rip's age has anything to do with his decline?

12.5, 12.65, 12.65 is a ridiculous contract.

I think it might - but let's keep in mind, Rip has never really relied on his athleticism, hops, ability to break down defenders, etc. He's a catch and shoot guy who keeps his body very very well conditioned and runs around screens all day, just like reggie and ray allen. Those guys lasted at the top of their game well into later years.

I mean, come on. They traded billups and brought in iverson. Sheed basically gave up. Ben Wallace had finally taken a nose dive. of course his efficiency went down, that team was in massive turmoil.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#15 » by RTM » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm

princeofpalace wrote:
Pistons won't give up youth to move Rip and history says that they won't need to

This. We won't move Jerebko to move Rip.
Master Shake
General Manager

Post#16 » by Master Shake » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:31 pm

jowglenn wrote:Clarification - I am a pacers fan.

I'm glad both sides are rejecting this. It means it has potential. (strange, isn't it?)

40.9% FG
29.7% 3PT

He is RECENTLY very inefficient. I mean, come on, that Detroit team has been in turmoil for a while - different coaches, different players, different systems. Billups left, the championship core fell apart, and he was forced to do way different things than he used to. But if you look at his career he's fairly steady. Play with a decent PG like Collison, a scoring threat like Granger, and a post passer like Hibbert, and Rip can easily go back to 48% FG, 44% 3p like he had 3 seasons ago. Or at least 46% FG, 40% 3P.

Master Shake wrote:I'll start with this though, the 3 players Detroit trades are far better than the 3 players Indiana trades... would you guys trade 3 good players for 3 crappy ones? Didn't think so.

You are correct! Let's also look at 2 key facts:

1. Hamilton is old.
2. Hamilton and Gordon combine to make basically the most expensive SG combo in the entire league.
3. Maxiell is sort of stuck around the same position as villanueva, daye, and monroe.
4. Detroit isn't going to win anything any time soon and it's pointless to pay lots of money to these guys.

Most importantly:

Richard Hamilton 12,500,000 12,650,000 12,650,000
Jason Maxiell 5,000,000 5,000,000 5,000,000
Jerebko cheap rookie 2nd round pick deal

vs

Jones 2,500,000 2,700,000 2,900,000
James Posey 6,478,600 6,925,400
Mike Dunleavy 10,561,384

Hmmmmm. So hamilton/maxiell make a combined..... 54 million over the next three years. While Jones/Posey/Dunleavy combine to make.... 32 million.

So that's the reasoning for Detroit. Give more minutes to Gordon, Villanueva, Monroe, Daye, Summers, and pare down the payroll in advance of selling the team, which they're doing.

tiderulz wrote:so because the Pacers need a PF, you are going to force Rip on them to combine with an undersized Maxiell? Doesnt make sense. They need a better PF than that to take on Rip

I think Rip still has a lot left in the tank, as he is a SG in teh catch-and-shoot mold of Reggie Miller and Ray Allen, who both continued producing well into their late 30s.

I think Maxiell is undersized, but so are a lot of PFs these days. I like his scrappiness, and I think he'd be good next to Hibbert. [

quote="princeofpalace"]Take out Jonas and its a deal but I don't think Posey can be packaged with anyone in a trade this soon

Damn, I forgot about that. Well, cancel that one.[/quote]

So you agree with me that this trade sucks donkey balls for Detroit, then you go ahead in some bass ackwards way to try and convince me that giving away talent is good for the team?

I love realgm logic!

Well, at least we aren't Cleveland... seriously... Indians, Cavs, Browns... ouch.
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#17 » by dVs33 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:42 pm

Master Shake wrote:
So you agree with me that this trade sucks donkey balls for Detroit, then you go ahead in some bass ackwards way to try and convince me that giving away talent is good for the team?

I love realgm logic!

:lol:
Classic RealGM.

Rip and Max for Ford, Foster and Rush is something i'd do personally.
Detroit gets expiring contracts which add depth in positions of need and a young role player.
Indy gets a legit SG and back up PF/C

No way we'd give jonas away for peanuts....
ahartleyvu
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by ahartleyvu » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:54 pm

I'm sure you would, Rip and Max have terrible contracts.
Master Shake
General Manager

Post#19 » by Master Shake » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:07 pm

ahartleyvu wrote:I'm sure you would, Rip and Max have terrible contracts.

Completely over exaggerated on realgm. 3 years 15 million is not overpaying for a 7th or 8th man and first big man off the bench. There are some UGLY contracts for far worse backup bigs.

And Rip is overpaid by about 2 million a season. Suddenly his contract is worse than Joe Johnson's according to half of realgm.

jowglenn
General Manager

Post#20 » by jowglenn » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:43 am

Uh, I didn't agree that the trade is bad for detroit - I agreed that you're sending out the 3 best players, that's all.

I also explained how this deal will save you 22 million dollars over the next few years, and clear up minutes for Gordon, Daye, Monroe, and Villanueva. But whatever, just ignore all that.

Return to Trades and Transactions