Golden State/Indiana

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Golden State/Indiana 

Post#1 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:31 pm

In light of the Pacers wanting to buy out Ford to save money/open roster spot, ill offer this idea....

To Golden State
-Paul George (full rookie contract)
-Solomon Jones (expiring)
-T.J. Ford (expiring)

To Indiana
-Brandan Wright (expiring rookie contract)
-Vladmir Radmanovic (expiring)
-2nd round pick from Chicago (CJ Waton S&T)
-2nd round pick from New Jersey (Anthony Morrow S&T)

Wright = George
Radmanovic + 2nd round pick = Ford
2nd round pick = Jones

Why?
-Given that Ford isn't accepting a buyout and that the Pacers have 15 roster spots filled, they make a 3 for 2 deal and save a couple million in the process. This gives Pacers chance to sign Rolle and have Wright, as a young developing PF, a chance to earn minutes along with Hansborough and McRoberts.

Collison/Price/Dunleavy*
Rush/Jones/Stevenson
Granger/Posey/Radmanovic*
Hansborough/Wright/McRoberts*
Hibbert/Foster*/Rolle

-The Warriors get a true backup PG and move Bell to the SG spot. George will get minutes at SF spot along with Wright and Williams and Solomon Jones is a short term fix until Udoh gets healthy to be backup PF.

Curry/Ford*
Ellis/Bell/Lin*
Wright/Williams*/George
Lee/Udoh/Jones*
Biedrins/Gadzuric*
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Re: Golden State/Indiana 

Post#2 » by loserX » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:34 pm

Wright has missed an awful lot of time with injury so I doubt the Pacers would equate his value with George's, as your trade does. He needs to rehab his value first. I'm sure Indy wouldn't mind taking a chance on him but they're not going to give up George to do so.

If the Warriors would rather have Ford than Vlad, there could be something there (with salary balance) but the rest of it won't work.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#3 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:41 pm

loserX wrote:Wright has missed an awful lot of time with injury so I doubt the Pacers would equate his value with George's, as your trade does. He needs to rehab his value first. I'm sure Indy wouldn't mind taking a chance on him but they're not going to give up George to do so.

If the Warriors would rather have Ford than Vlad, there could be something there (with salary balance) but the rest of it won't work.

The idea really comes down to George vs. Wright. Both players are raw and developing. George might have more value due to recent health and the fact he's on a full rookie contract.

The Murphy for Collison/Posey would look alot better (not that the Pacers didnt do well) if the Pacers drafted Ed Davis instead of Paul George. Hence the rationale for this deal......
ahartleyvu
Bench Warmer
And1: 56

Post#4 » by ahartleyvu » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:45 pm

LOL... Wright = George????

Wow. That is terrible.
SnEaKy P
Junior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by SnEaKy P » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:04 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:
loserX wrote:Wright has missed an awful lot of time with injury so I doubt the Pacers would equate his value with George's, as your trade does. He needs to rehab his value first. I'm sure Indy wouldn't mind taking a chance on him but they're not going to give up George to do so.

The idea really comes down to George vs. Wright. Both players are raw and developing. George might have more value due to recent health and the fact he's on a full rookie contract.

The Murphy for Collison/Posey would look alot better (not that the Pacers didnt do well) if the Pacers drafted Ed Davis instead of Paul George. Hence the rationale for this deal......

The idea that Brandon Wright is worth a lottery pick is insane. I love Brandon Wright, I'm a die hard Tar Heels fan, but that is absolutely crazy.
ahartleyvu
Bench Warmer
And1: 56

Post#6 » by ahartleyvu » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:05 pm

I think there is a legitimate argument for saying that Wright isn't even a prospect anymore.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#7 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:48 pm

SnEaKy P wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:

The idea that Brandon Wright is worth a lottery pick is insane. I love Brandon Wright, I'm a die hard Tar Heels fan, but that is absolutely crazy.

Well I understand the point of comapring Wright to a lottery pick objectively speaking. For me it comes down to the fact even though Paul George was the #10 pick in the draft, The Pacers conceivably have 3 backup SF's (Posey/Dunleavy/George) and their best player is a SF (taking up 35 min/night). Flip side of the coin you have little depth at the 4/5 spots as Foster isnt that durable and the rest of the roster is Hibbert/Jones/Hansborough/McRoberts.

Again, the idea is based on the goal that the Pacers want to cut payroll (want to buyout Ford,) and free up a roster spot (sign Magnum Rolle). They achieve this in this idea by dealing a 20 year old SF for a 23 year old PF. Are both likely to develop into starters in 2010-2011.....no. Does George have a higher celing than Wright?, likely but I dont see it as long as George is playing behind Granger. Wright has a greater or equal 'potential' role on the Pacers as does Granger.

But thats just how I look at it.
Ukraine Train
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#8 » by Ukraine Train » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:49 pm

I'm very much looking forward to seeing B.Wright this year. He's gotten stronger and was
one ofthe most improved players in last years W's training camp according to Nellie. This
will be his 4th year and being the first big off the bench I'm expecting a very solid
contribution from him if he can remain healthy. He was a starter a year and a half ago
before getting injured as well.

With Udoh out until February, the W's can't afford to trade Wright and not get a solid big
back. Solomon Jones is not what I would consider a solid big. George is completely
unproven and it will take him some time to establish himself in the NBA. So I think BW
contributes more this year to the W's than George would and he could easily re establish
his value around the league.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#9 » by old rem » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:58 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:

I actually expect Wright is >> George but as he's been hurt or stuck on Nellie's To-Do list 3 yr...it's hard to sell him at more than half value.
The "pick" GSW got from NJ...is NOTHING.....it's a rd 2 so protected NJ has to suddenly be a top contender or it becomes ZERO. Riley was not TRADING for value....Riley was doing a scorched earth plan to leave GSW damaged for years. In the real world the Warriors would sue his ass and press charges. In the NBA...probably he bought himself a job on the Knicks or Nets as a scout or assistant beancounter.
CENSORED... No comment.
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#10 » by Boneman2 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:58 pm

I don't see the Pacers being penalized to the tune of Paul George, just to dump an expiring contract. That is silly.

I believe Paul George will make some plays this season that could cause the Fieldhouse to erupt. Bird wouldn't consider moving him for atleast two seasons, so come back in a couple years.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#11 » by old rem » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:04 pm

ahartleyvu wrote:I think there is a legitimate argument for saying that Wright isn't even a prospect anymore.

Wright finally had the surgury a COMPETENT team would have done 2 yr ago. Instead, they tried to do rest and rehab. My shoulder was injured and I had no option of surgery. For 5+ years I could re-injure it just taking a jump shot. MLB pitchers get it FIXED and are back throwing 95 mph in a year.

Wright showed me more upside than P George. George was a late lotto in a year where there was a big dropoff after the top 10.
CENSORED... No comment.
don nelson
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#12 » by don nelson » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:56 pm

The Warriors should wait to see how well Brandan Wright has recovered from his injuries and what he brings to the table before deciding whether he has a future with GSW. Warriors pass.
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#13 » by killacalijatt » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:26 pm

As a Warriors fan Id wait and c how Wright does this year before shipping him off, theres a reason y he was considered a top5 prospect coming out of the draft. Just injuries have turned his career upside down. So theres no reason for the Warriors to give up without seeing him produce on the court
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#14 » by Wizop » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:29 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:if the Pacers drafted Ed Davis instead of Paul George. Hence the rationale for this deal......

okay, we'll trade Toronto George for Davis and an option to swap first round picks next year.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#15 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Wizop wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:if the Pacers drafted Ed Davis instead of Paul George. Hence the rationale for this deal......

okay, we'll trade Toronto George for Davis and an option to swap first round picks next year.

Well then that would just make Larry Bird look like an idiot for drafting George over Davis....
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#16 » by 8305 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:47 pm

No way any team gives a lottery pick (of any sort) for Brandon Wright until he proves to be something more than an injury waiting to happen player.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#17 » by Coxy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:46 am

Warriors wouldn't do this deal. They are looking for experienced players and completely moving away from the project rookie faze they have been in. Wright still hasn't fully developed but he is still far more developed and plays at a real position of need for GS right now.
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,384

Post#18 » by jowglenn » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:59 am

Warriors wouldn't do this deal? Really? Come on, have you really convinced yourself that Wright is going to come back from injury just fine and be a solid contributor?

Return to Trades and Transactions