One More Chris Paul Trade

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

48_7
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

One More Chris Paul Trade 

Post#1 » by 48_7 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:33 pm

The trading of Darren Collison was simply to assure Andre Miller that he will be the starter in New Orleans.

New Orleans Trades:

Chris Paul - 14,940,153
Emeka Okafor - 11,495,000

Portland Trades:

Greg Oden - 6,760,524
Andre Miller - 7,269,264
Jerryd Bayless - 2,292,600
Joel Pryzbilla - 7,405,300
2011 First

The numbers work, I promise.

Why for NOH?

Miller/Thorton/Ariza/West/Oden

Miller can be waived after the season, West will opt out of his contract, and New Orleans can start over. I'm sorry, but the acquisition of Ariza is not game-changing. This trade gives a lot of flexibility going forward. Oh, and a guy named Greg Oden. I honestly don't think that New Orleans has a snowball's chance in hell of keeping Chris Paul past 2012... 2011 with a lockout. A chance to grab a number 1 overall pick with mountainous potential is not something you can pass on. Rudy, Williams, Pendergraph, Cunningham, Johnson, etc. can all be thrown in. (Not all together obviously.)

Why for POR?

Paul/Roy/Batum/Aldridge/Camby

With players such as Okafor, Matthews, and Fernandez on the bench, this is a team that is ready to win a championship. It is a team that is, essentially, flawless. They have defense in Paul/Batum/Camby with Matthews and Okafor on the bench. They have offense in Paul/Roy/Aldridge with Rudy off the bench. This team would be set for the foreseeable future (Okafor takes over for Camby). Greg Oden is a huge loss, but I would give him for this.
Credit sh00n
Bucksfans1and2
Banned User
And1: 189

Re: One More Chris Paul Trade 

Post#2 » by Bucksfans1and2 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:39 pm

I'm really not sure why NO would do this. We haven't seen the vanilla gorilla play since he hurt himself and Oden is always a dunk attempt away from his leg falling off. Jerrod Bayless and Andre Miller are okay pieces but not worth CP3, and the 1st round pick isn't worth jack.
Doddage
Veteran
And1: 1,852

Post#3 » by Doddage » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:40 pm

I think the Collison trade shut the door on any Paul trades happening in the near future.
JR_SMITH_5
Banned User

Post#4 » by JR_SMITH_5 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:42 pm

48_7 wrote:The trading of Darren Collison was simply to assure Andre Miller that he will be the starter in New Orleans.

New Orleans Trades:

Chris Paul - 14,940,153
Emeka Okafor - 11,495,000

Portland Trades:

Greg Oden - 6,760,524
Andre Miller - 7,269,264
Jerryd Bayless - 2,292,600
Joel Pryzbilla - 7,405,300
2011 First

The numbers work, I promise.

Why for NOH?

Miller/Thorton/Ariza/West/Oden

Miller can be waived after the season, West will opt out of his contract, and New Orleans can start over. I'm sorry, but the acquisition of Ariza is not game-changing. This trade gives a lot of flexibility going forward. Oh, and a guy named Greg Oden. I honestly don't think that New Orleans has a snowball's chance in hell of keeping Chris Paul past 2012... 2011 with a lockout. A chance to grab a number 1 overall pick with mountainous potential is not something you can pass on. Rudy, Williams, Pendergraph, Cunningham, Johnson, etc. can all be thrown in. (Not all together obviously.)

Why for POR?

Paul/Roy/Batum/Aldridge/Camby

With players such as Okafor, Matthews, and Fernandez on the bench, this is a team that is ready to win a championship. It is a team that is, essentially, flawless. They have defense in Paul/Batum/Camby with Matthews and Okafor on the bench. They have offense in Paul/Roy/Aldridge with Rudy off the bench. This team would be set for the foreseeable future (Okafor takes over for Camby). Greg Oden is a huge loss, but I would give him for this.

I thought you were better than that? :wink:
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#5 » by CB-Blazer » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:27 pm

This doesn't make NOH any better but only thursts same conference team into long term contender status......

Makes so much sense!
48_7
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by 48_7 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:41 pm

CB-Blazer wrote:This doesn't make NOH any better but only thursts same conference team into long term contender status......

Makes so much sense!

Any Chris Paul trade is predicated on the idea that he is LEAVING them for nothing as soon as he can. Oden/Bayless, 15 million expirings, and an Okafor dump. A little better than a year of Chris Paul where they maybe get the 8 seed.
Credit sh00n

Return to Trades and Transactions