Solution to Jose 2 Bobcats?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

KiDdFrESh
General Manager
And1: 46

Solution to Jose 2 Bobcats? 

Post#1 » by KiDdFrESh » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:15 pm

For the 2nd time this summer, Jordan for some odd reason has actively been involved in last minute trade talks to acquire Jose. So here is a deal that has merit and should work.

Raptors trade: Calderon, Dorsey
Bobcats trade: Diop, Augustine

Lineup for Raptors:

PG: Jack, Augustine, Banks
SG: DeRozan, Barbosa, Weems
C: Bargnani, Diop, Alabi
SF: Kleiza, Wright
PF: Johnson, Davis, Andersen

Why for Raptors? Move Jose and get a young PG in return. They take on Diop but could certainly could use a defensive big.

Lineup for Bobcats:

PG: Calderon, Livingston
SG: Jackson, Henderson, Carroll
C: Dampier, Mohammed
SF: Wallace, McGuire, Brown
PF: Thomas, Dorsey, Najera

Why for Bobcats? Upgrade at PG. He is a great shooter and good playmaker. The Cats are a solid defensive team and should cover Jose's defensive liability. They take a flyer on Dorsey who could flourish with Larry Brown.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Re: Solution to Jose 2 Bobcats? 

Post#2 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:34 pm

Hell **** no to Diop and his terrible contract the guy is terrible, people say Jose is overpaid if that is so then Diop is seriously overpaid.

DJ Augustine is a average prospect at that I think he's more a SG anyways and we just moved a player with the same skill set in Marco Belinelli for Wright. What makes you think Toronto wants yet another combo guard?

Calderon will be traded and he will net us a better player then Diop. We don't need a guy taking mins away from Ed Davis any where. Hell I would take David Anderson's C mins over Diop any day of the week
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
The_Commish
Junior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by The_Commish » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:42 pm

why not just Jose for Dampier? i dont get this
KiDdFrESh
General Manager
And1: 46

Post#4 » by KiDdFrESh » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:46 pm

xbl_sucks wrote:Hell **** no to Diop and his terrible contract the guy is terrible, people say Jose is overpaid if that is so then Diop is seriously overpaid.

DJ Augustine is a average prospect at that I think he's more a SG anyways and we just moved a player with the same skill set in Marco Belinelli for Wright. What makes you think Toronto wants yet another combo guard?

Calderon will be traded and he will net us a better player then Diop. We don't need a guy taking mins away from Ed Davis any where. Hell I would take David Anderson's C mins over Diop any day of the week

Both players are terribly overpaid.

Calderon is due 30 mil over 3 years
Diop is due 21 mil over 3 years

Augustine is certainly a better prospect than Dorsey.

Diop is a CENTER. He would not take minutes from PF Ed Davis.
Fred Williamson
Lead Assistant
And1: 517

Post#5 » by Fred Williamson » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:48 pm

The_Commish wrote:why not just Jose for Dampier? i dont get this

because Caleron isn't that good? because he's not worth an expiring contract?
kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#6 » by kombayn » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:13 pm

I think the reason Jordan nixed the deal is because he doesn't want Jose Calderon in the first place. Plus, Dampier for Calderon is a rip-off, I rather waive Dampier to get the savings and under the luxury tax. Jordan doesn't want to pay that **** in his first year.
iBall101
Pro Prospect
And1: 271

Post#7 » by iBall101 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:16 pm

LARRY AND MIKE DON'T DESERVE JOSE... they f'd it up already once so if they aint givin us Augustine in return we don't want anything from that team ESPECIALLY DIAW.. the trade partner we should be buggin is INDIANA for a JOSE/REGGIE swap for Dunleavy/Jeff Foster Switch
:nod: Masai’s Raptors :nod:

PG: I. Quickley/ T. Horton-Tucker/ J. Freeman
SG: G. Trent Jr./ G. Dick/ B. Brown
SF: R. Barrett/ O. Agbaji / G. Temple
PF: S. Barnes/ T. Lyles/ J. Crowder
C: J. Poeltl/ K. Olynk/ J. Porter
kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#8 » by kombayn » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:19 pm

^Don't deserve him? HAHAHA! Jose doesn't deserve an NBA team at his salary, he should be playing with Regal Barcelona or Real Madrid with his boys.
DWCP2
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#9 » by DWCP2 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:50 am

Michael Jordan isn't holding on to an expiring contract in Dampier, he's holding onto salary relief.

Keep in mind what the Pacers just got for Troy Murphy in Collison and Posey.

The difference between Dampier and Murphy is that Murphy is an expiring contract that comes off next season while Dampier has a salary that can be immediately waived and removed from someone's books.

So naturally, Jordan can get more for Dampier if he waits patiently like Bird did.

Some are suggesting a Ford-Diaw-Calderon 3-way trade isn't far-fetched nor far off.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#10 » by gswhoops » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:15 am

DWCP2 wrote:Some are suggesting a Ford-Diaw-Calderon 3-way trade isn't far-fetched nor far off.

Something based on Calderon/Diaw was what immediately came to mind, but I like the addition of Ford better.

I assume you were thinking Ford to Toronto, Diaw to Indy and Calderon to Charlotte? Indy would probably have to send some small incentive to Charlotte but I like the framework of it.

Return to Trades and Transactions