Rockets looking for a Center....

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

rowdystylz
Senior
And1: 25

Re: Rockets looking for a Center.... 

Post#41 » by rowdystylz » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:15 pm

JCT522 wrote:
rowdystylz wrote:Brooks and Yao for Dalembert is laughable for Houston- give it up.

It's essentially Daly for Brooks. Yao's done. His contract is just used to match salaries and get the Rockets below the lux tax threshold.

Thank you Captain Obvious. I personally like Dally, but I wouldn't trade Brooks for him. For reasons already stated it makes 0 sense for us to sell low on Brooks when he's a restricted FA this summer. If we can't trade for a major upgrade by the deadline, the worst case scenario is to try and sign Dally (or someone of his caliber) this summer when he's unrestricted. And you are overplaying Houston's need to get under the LT- we aren't hurting for money and every year we make a minor trade without giving up assets to get under it, and this year if we can't Yao's contract will make up for the money lost.
9abovetherim
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#42 » by 9abovetherim » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:00 pm

TWill and JJ for Biedrins?
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,914

Post#43 » by LarsV8 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:02 pm

More Bang For The Bucks wrote:Yao/Patterson/Hill/Lee/Budinger/Jeffries/2011 1st

for

Bogut/Maggette/Salmons/Brockman/Boykins/C Douglas Roberts

Yao/Patterson/Jeffries/1st

for

Bogut/Maggette
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#44 » by djthesonicsfan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:41 pm

You can have Krstic for a TPE & a future protected 1st. Intersted?
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#45 » by NashtyNas » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:57 pm

I like a Robin Lopez for Jordan Hill swap for both teams. No need to include Childress or Brooks. Straight up Hill for Lopez addresses both teams needs.

Nash/Drag
Cart/Dud
Hill/Pietrus
Hill/Frye
Gortat/Frye

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 656

Post#46 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:36 pm

rowdystylz wrote:
JCT522 wrote:
rowdystylz wrote:Brooks and Yao for Dalembert is laughable for Houston- give it up.

It's essentially Daly for Brooks. Yao's done. His contract is just used to match salaries and get the Rockets below the lux tax threshold.

Thank you Captain Obvious. I personally like Dally, but I wouldn't trade Brooks for him. For reasons already stated it makes 0 sense for us to sell low on Brooks when he's a restricted FA this summer. If we can't trade for a major upgrade by the deadline, the worst case scenario is to try and sign Dally (or someone of his caliber) this summer when he's unrestricted. And you are overplaying Houston's need to get under the LT- we aren't hurting for money and every year we make a minor trade without giving up assets to get under it, and this year if we can't Yao's contract will make up for the money lost.

We'll just ignore the fact that a Brooks/Yao for Dalembert deal puts 6-7 million extra dollars in Les Alexander's pocketbook at this point in the season. Burning that much money for the sake of burning money will get you hurting for money soon. It's just not sound business. You're not giving up assets. You're trading one asset for another asset for a playoff push.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#47 » by Coxy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:45 pm

9abovetherim wrote:TWill and JJ for Biedrins?

Sure, why not.

I doubt our FO would though.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#48 » by old rem » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:38 am

9abovetherim wrote:TWill and JJ for Biedrins?

T Will bogged down after a good start and Jeffries is pure unwanted BURDEN until gone. GSW has to be NUTS to fix a rival West teams problem of having NO center,by THEMSELVES deciding to have no center.

:crazy:

How would that make a lick of sense?
CENSORED... No comment.
9abovetherim
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#49 » by 9abovetherim » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:47 pm

Two words : Free Agency.

Return to Trades and Transactions