NJ/OKC It's bad, really bad.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

NJ/OKC It's bad, really bad. 

Post#1 » by wiff » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:32 pm

OKC trades
Jeff Green
James Harden
Nenad Krstic
Cole Aldrich
Clippers 2012 1st
OKC 2010 1st

NJ trades
Brook Lopez
Travis Outlaw
Anthony Morrow

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

OKC gives up depth and sacrifices future assets to land that always elusive center to make them better now. OKC only has wing scorers. They need someone in the post who can score. Lopez and Ibaka I feel would really balance each other out.

NJ trades one nice prospect for possibly 5 of them depending on how they draft. But mostly it gives NJ a chance to put a young talented "team" together by giving up on Brook. NJ also sheds the non user friendly contract of Travis Outlaw. Morrow was added for salary purposes.

Green needs a chance to play his natural position at SF. Harden who has really become a very good defensive player, has been offensively stunted to some degree because of Westbrook and Durant. I don't really know if he will hit his full potential offensively being a third option in OKC.

Flame away.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Re: NJ/OKC It's bad, really bad. 

Post#2 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:47 pm

Damn it's tempting because I hate Outlaw, like Harden and would like the rights to match on Green. But, Lopez has been playing great the past dozen or so games, and without him we are absolutely unwatchable. But if we get Sullinger or another low post scorer, we are back in business. I also really really don't want to lose Morrow.

Counter offer:

Harden, Green, Aldrich, Krstic, '12 LAC #1
for
Lopez, Outlaw, Graham, Ross, Petro, '12 #2, $3m
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,092

Post#3 » by slick_watts » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:53 pm

I don't think Brook Lopez has this kind of value (talking about the counter offer). We're talking taking back a lot of dead salary, giving up a pick, giving up useful depth for useless depth. Lopez isn't worth that. If the Thunder are going to take back bad contracts to get a big guy I'd rather pursue Nene or Bogut.
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#4 » by wiff » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:47 pm

Thanks Trader Joe for the input, I think your counter offer is reasonable.

Graham and Ross are expirings. OKC keeps their first and NJ sends OKC their second which should be early second round. Petro is 3.25 and 3.5 for the next two years. That's a cheap somewhat serviceable veteran big and you are sending 3mil back so really that cuts his salary down to a year.

Personally I like Morrow off the bench as a shooter with Durant and Westbrook I think he could light it up.

And I like Outlaw, I know he is over paid but I'd swallow the contract. I think he could be a nice 6th man for the Thunder.

But honestly I'd be fine with either deal.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#5 » by djthesonicsfan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:00 pm

wiff, sorry, but I don't think Lopez is going anywhere.
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#6 » by HomieOmey » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:06 pm

Keeping in mind Lopez + Outlaw will pretty much be making what Green is set to make the next two years, I think both offers are pretty reasonable. The first deal seems more than fair though, I don't think Petro should be a deal breaker.
TurboZ
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#7 » by Jersey Generals » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:50 pm

Agree with Trader Joe, it is tempting. I love Harden and think he would be great. Overall, this depends on where NJ falls in the lottery. If we were able to get Kanter/Sullinger, I think I'd pull the trigger. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee of that.
LPKingsFan
Starter
And1: 0

Post#8 » by LPKingsFan » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:01 am

I don't care what the rest of the deal looks like, but Durant/Westbrook/Lopez scares the hell out of me as a fan of another Western Conference team.
joelafan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#9 » by joelafan » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:12 am

Brooke would learn how to rebound.. Hes low scoring threat and thats it. OKC needs defense and rebounds. They get killed on the boards.And i think brooke is future piece for playoff team long term for the Russian mafia owner.
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#10 » by Jase » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:33 am

Original deal is indeed, really bad, for OKC. They give up a lot for Lopez in that they're also taking back Outlaw's contract.

At least OP knew he'd get flamed for this. :P
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Post#11 » by parson » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:40 am

slick_watts wrote:I don't think Brook Lopez has this kind of value (talking about the counter offer).

He's a legitimate starting Center, so, yeah, he DOES have this kind of value. Your team (OKC) is where mine (ATL) is: in need of a real Center.

Just don't hold your breath.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
Social Lubrication
Head Coach
And1: 96

Post#12 » by Social Lubrication » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:59 am

2 picks, 3 prospects and a serviceable big? OKC could go after Melo with this package.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,974

Post#13 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:18 am

You can have Bogut for that package without having to take on Gooden.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
joe.linnen
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#14 » by joe.linnen » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:07 am

LPKingsFan wrote:I don't care what the rest of the deal looks like, but Durant/Westbrook/Lopez scares the hell out of me as a fan of another Western Conference team.

I'm incline to agree, I'm getting the same feeling when Portland was on the clock the couldve teamed Durant with Roy and Aldridge just as scary if you ask me
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,557

Post#15 » by Devilanche » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:45 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:You can have Bogut for that package without having to take on Gooden.

If only the bucks think so as well.

So long as Bogut name come up, they'll want ibaka.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
LOJ
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#16 » by LOJ » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Talented wing players are much easier to find than legit low post threat centers. Nets have more than enough picks to play though this years draft and get some more talent on the wings.

Lopez's stock is kinda low right now due to his low rebounding season. I know that he can rebound much better than he has been, and I'm pretty sure the Nets are quite contempt with a Favors/Lopez future and a good amount of picks + cap flexibility.

Where does this love for James harden come from? Good role player, has a bit more upside, but seriously nothing special. I don't see how an expiring in Jeff Green, who is fitting for a new contract with big $$$, a very low 2010 1st rounder, and a Clippers 2012 first who will more than likely be a playoff team (barring a Griffin or Gordon injury) by then. Along with a D-leaguer, and Nenad "throwachair" Krstic is worth Lopez and Morrow. The Nets can find much easier ways to get rid of Travis Outlaw.

I love it from OKC's side though.

Westbrook/Maynor
Sefolosha/Morrow
Durant/Outlaw
Ibaka/Collison/White
Lopez/Collison/White

Return to Trades and Transactions