Thoughts on the 30-Team Trade Article?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Do you believe the "30-Team Trade" is a fair deal for your team?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 35

Joe Buddy
Pro Prospect
And1: 163

Re: Thoughts on the 30-Team Trade Article? 

Post#21 » by Joe Buddy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
uncarved block wrote:WTF how does MIN pull Bynum and Brooks for Rubios draft rights

probably because you have cataracts blocking out the words "Michael Beasley" 3 millimeters to the left of "Ricky Rubio"

Grizzlies get jobbed.

:lol:

As for Toronto, I think I speak for all Raps fans when I say I do that trade in a millisecond.

Also, didn't look at all the teams, but Utah gets a pretty nice return for Al Jefferson.
ClarenceDerozan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#22 » by ClarenceDerozan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:43 pm

Madness.
MitchSlapped
Starter
And1: 32

Post#23 » by MitchSlapped » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:48 pm

Illegal trade, the Lakers cannot re-acquire Sasha until July 1st. Other than that, hell yes!
m1kenoff
Bench Warmer
And1: 482

Post#24 » by m1kenoff » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:49 pm

this is (Please Use More Appropriate Word)...

this guy has a link to another trade in his article

Plus, too many other teams complained about this proposed four-way trade that would take the 15-40 Raptors into a 41-41 team this season (someone would beat them once along the way).

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/article/21 ... z1E8ZrjeEH

LINK:Why even put such a dumb ass idea in your article?
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/5848922

Just losing credibility ... makes me feel like i wasted my life on this page.
Jazzfan12
Assistant Coach
And1: 213

Post#25 » by Jazzfan12 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Al for Jeff Green, Kirk Hinrich, and AR? Does this guy not understand that Al is the only center in the Jazz's rotation? AR would have to play center if this trade went through.
F-Stop
Sixth Man
And1: 85

Post#26 » by F-Stop » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Philly I believe would say no thank you...
Curry is a strong player but there is still no one the team to collect the misses.. The rest is just a log-jam of wing players that we already possess.
Holiday- IMO is rapidly catching up with Curry. Iggy is worth more than the bench players provided
Make them respond to your way of playing not the other way around
droponov
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#27 » by droponov » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:13 pm

Atlanta - Highly doubtful. I'm on the fence on this one. It would probably improve them, but they could probably get more value for those assets.

Boston - Absolutely.

Charlotte - No way. Horrible deal.

Chicago - Yes. Lee is a better fit than Brewer and Johnson doesn't have space to grow.

Cleveland - Yes, but I think they should try go get more value for Varejao. But probably the time to do that has passed.

Dallas - No way. Beaubois' ceiling is a lot higher than Harris. Even this season, I'd still go with the current team; at least I'd wait to see how ready Roddy is.

Denver - Good value for Melo.

Detroit - Thabeet for Stuckey. It depends on how much you believe in Thabeets chances of developing into an elite defensive big. I'm becoming sceptical.

Golden State - A possible DPOY big vs. a possible All-NBA PG. Tough call. It depends on their additional moves.

Houston - No. Where are they going with Kaman and Prince?

Indiana - Granger for a handful of role-players? They already have plenty of role-players. No way.

Los Angeles Clippers - FANTASTIC DEAL. It'd make them very strong contenders maybe as soon as next season.

Los Angeles Lakers - Interesting, pretty good deal for them. I like the idea of OJ Mayo as the PG in the triangle. I'd probably do this, even though I'd be quite worried by seeing Bynum's defense going away.

Memphis - Bargnani is a bad contract, their transition and pick'n'roll defense would suck even more. Being optimistic, Nick Young is a slight improvement over Mayo. Price's ceiling is as a backup PG. Awful deal for them.

Miami - If Haslem doesn't come back in form, I'd consider doing this. Only in that situation.

Milwaukee - Gooden for Harrington are two awful contracts, but Gooden is a better player when healthy. Sanders for Marcus Thornton would be a bad deal for them.

Minnesota - This is basically Rubio's rights for Bynum. The only thing that would prevent me from doing this would be a lack of trust in Bynum's long-term health.

New Orleans - I think I could get more value for that package. Anyway, it'd depend on the ability to negotiate extend'n'trades.

New York - Another great deal.

OKC - I'm not a fan of Al Jefferson post his last injury at all and Oden is a huge risk but I'd still do this if the team doctors were okay. Too much upside to pass on.

Orlando - I'd love to see this happening because I think that playing for a team like Orlando and a coach like SVG could save Blatche's career and help him to reach his potential. But I'd still rate the chances of that happening (Blatche becoming the player he could be providing a different environment) as unlikely. I'm not sure this really improves Orlando in the short term, but I guess I'd take the gamble. Not much to lose.

Phoenix - Yeah. Beabouis is a very interesting foundational piece (even if I don't like the idea of him playing alongside Dragic), Chandler is an interesting role-player, Johnson's is a quite talented guy that could benefit from a change of scenario.

Philly - I'd rather keep my current backcourt.

Portland - They already have LMA and Beasley is a mediocre 3. Sanders could be a nice complement to Aldridge, but it will take a few years till he's ready to play at the 5 and he doesn't have Oden's potential. Pass.

Sacramento - Nice little deal. Nelson could thrive along Evans and vice-versa.

San Antonio - Fantastic little deal. They could really use Brown.

Toronto - Terrific. Colangelo would be able to keep his job.

Utah - Another great deal. Randolph is a very poor player but can become a top player in the league, Jeff Green can be a very interesting player at the 3 and they get rid of Jefferson.

Washington - Another excellent deal. They'd need to follow it with some additional moves, Thomas and Josh Smith offer diminishing returns. I'd keep Haywood over McGee.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#28 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:44 pm

Magic Receive: Jose Calderon, Andray Blatche

Magic Send: Jameer Nelson, Brandon Bass, Earl Clark

Um...... seriously?
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#29 » by dVs33 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:44 pm

horrible return for Detroit.
prince and Stuckey for that is just plain ugly. haha
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#30 » by Bac2Basics » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:59 pm

The Lakers turn one of the NBA's best two or three centers into a lesser talent

I don't know whether to laugh or cry
Bynum a top 3 center????!?!??!?!??!?!?!?
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,474

Post#31 » by youngcrev » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Some teams get screwed, so get ridiculous returns... overall it's not terrible when you consider the criteria... but really, seems like a waste of time.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#32 » by vege » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Absolutely insulting and disgusting for Detroit.
doctor him
Assistant Coach
And1: 421

Post#33 » by doctor him » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Interesting premise, but I think it shows a little bias in terms of the author and what teams are deemed more worthy to be competitive.

It also shows a lack of knowledge of where the teams are now.

The Sixers for example don't have a big perimeter shooting problem like they did 2-3 years ago. They have a "lack of an interior presence" problem.
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,304

Post#34 » by Parataxis » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:26 pm

m1kenoff wrote:this is (Please Use More Appropriate Word)...

this guy has a link to another trade in his article

Plus, too many other teams complained about this proposed four-way trade that would take the 15-40 Raptors into a 41-41 team this season (someone would beat them once along the way).

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/article/21 ... z1E8ZrjeEH

LINK:Why even put such a dumb ass idea in your article?
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/5848922

Just losing credibility ... makes me feel like i wasted my life on this page.

I'm pretty sure that that was a joke.

As for the Raps though, the do the 30 team trade, especially if they can sign the corpse of Yao Ming to a cheapish one year extension.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#35 » by john2jer » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:34 pm

My favorite part of the article was the link to last year's in which the author is pretty strong in his stance that no way does either LeBron or Bosh sign in Miami... How'd that one work out?
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#36 » by SO_MONEY » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:50 pm

On what planet is Brooks and Bynum fair value for Rubio, Beasley and gutting some depth? Pretty easy NO for Minnesota, and to be honest I have a "feeling" (right or wrong) many teams would think twice about giving much for Bynum (injuries) and Brooks (hot-head) at this time. My guess is both Beasley and Rubio are part of the future core in Minnesota. Both Bynum and Brooks hold more value with either their current team or a team other than Minnesota. With that said the other pieces in the deal are all things I could see the Wolves moving.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,299

Post#37 » by babyjax13 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:57 pm

Jazz pass, it makes no sense to trade away our starting center for a tweener.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#38 » by JES12 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:16 pm

That is prety ugly for Dallas, Would take Haywood over Gooden, Roddy over Harris and Butler over Reggie Evans. That is pretty much an 0 for 3 from Dallas' end.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#39 » by JES12 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:18 pm

SO_MONEY wrote:On what planet is Brooks and Bynum fair value for Rubio, Beasley and gutting some depth? Pretty easy NO for Minnesota, and to be honest I have a "feeling" (right or wrong) many teams would think twice about giving much for Bynum (injuries) and Brooks (hot-head) at this time.
I agree. I don't know what those Laker fans on te first page are smoking, but Bynum is not more valuble than cap space right now...much less adding those other pieces.
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant
And1: 280

Post#40 » by Sun Scorched » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:16 pm

JES12 can speak more knowledgably on Roddy B., but I'm not sending Nash + Hill for him.

In this situation, since Nash is going to ATL anyways... I don't know why the Suns wouldn't just ask for Smith and Teague in return.

Nash + Hill + Lopez for Smith + Teague + Evans makes more sense for both sides.
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.

Return to Trades and Transactions