Al Jefferson to every team in the league.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,088

Re: Al Jefferson to every team in the league. 

Post#41 » by jazzfan1971 » Wed May 9, 2012 5:07 pm

Right now the Jazz are sitting on zero picks in the first round. However there is a fair chance we end up with #8.

But, more likely you'd be looking at the Jazz 2013 pick.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,839

Post#42 » by mcfly1204 » Wed May 9, 2012 5:07 pm

I would be very tempted to move Varejao and Gibson for Jefferson. My main concerns are whether or not Al would slow does the team too much, and if he can provide enough floor spacing on offense. With that being said, an athletic PF such as Thompson should be able to cover for some of Al's deficiencies.
Well at least we're not Detroit!
Hedda Gambler
Bench Warmer
And1: 387

Post#43 » by Hedda Gambler » Wed May 9, 2012 5:10 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:Right now the Jazz are sitting on zero picks in the first round. However there is a fair chance we end up with #8.

But, more likely you'd be looking at the Jazz 2013 pick.

We can`t trade 1st round picks two years in a row.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#44 » by jazzfan1971 » Wed May 9, 2012 5:13 pm

You can, you just have to wait til after the draft.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#45 » by boogie-reke » Wed May 9, 2012 5:25 pm

Does everyone here know Big-Al is an expiring and will become an unrestricted free agent after the season is over, and likely someone will throw the big bucks at him when that day comes and overpay as he's a relatively young 20-10 center?(although he has his shortcomings both on offense and defense)

I can see playoff teams who are willing to take that risk at a rental etc and need that type of scoring bigman - but even still how much value does that have? esp when the Jazz want to get rid of him anyways, which lowers his value even more.
Krodis
Lead Assistant
And1: 599

Post#46 » by Krodis » Wed May 9, 2012 6:28 pm

Not a chance for OKC.
Hedda Gambler
Bench Warmer
And1: 387

Post#47 » by Hedda Gambler » Thu May 10, 2012 8:29 am

I actually think that BIg Al has quite a lot of trade value at the moment. Not as in that we`re getting a star-player back for him, but I do think that we will be able to get back an ok piece on a long term contract for him if that is we want. With the new CBA and the huge LT-penalties coming up after next season, a lot of teams are going to have to take a hard look at the players they have signed on long term deals and decide if these guys are what they need to take them forward. For Sacramento, is Marcus Thornton or Chuck Hayes players you want to risk huge LT-penalties for when you want to extend Cousins and also probably Evans? Can the Clippers really afford both paying DeAndre Jordan $10+ million a year while also paying Caron Butler $8 million and signing Nick Young to a long term deal?

There are quite a few teams around the cap at the moment that need to make some major decisions this off season. I am pretty sure that quite a few of these teams are interested both in renting Al for year to get his contribution on the court, and at the same time getting rid of some long-term contracts that actually might be pretty good objectively, but bad for that team and where they want to go in the future.
franktony
Analyst
And1: 1,492

Post#48 » by franktony » Thu May 10, 2012 12:23 pm

Good try but Kawhi Leonard is not going anywhere. He will be in San Antonio for a long time.

The most i'd offer for Jefferson's rental is Jackson + Blair + Bonner.
Shaq on Duncan:SA won because of TD, a guy I could never break.I could talk trash to Ewing, get in D-Rob's face, get a rise out of Mourning,but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and say:“Hey,Shaq, watch this shot right off the glass.”
doctor him
Assistant Coach
And1: 421

Post#49 » by doctor him » Thu May 10, 2012 1:06 pm

From the Sixers POV, I probably give a reluctant yes. I'm more interested in the GS 1st than Al, but it would provide a low post scorer. True it would be a defensive nightmare, but I'd do it.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#50 » by john2jer » Thu May 10, 2012 5:14 pm

I'll assume you included the Wolves because you had to and don't actually expect them to want Jefferson. Especially not at the cost of two first round picks and non-guaranteed contracts.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu May 10, 2012 5:15 pm

john2jer wrote:I'll assume you included the Wolves because you had to and don't actually expect them to want Jefferson. Especially not at the cost of two first round picks and non-guaranteed contracts.

I tried to make that clear in my why for the wolves part.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,406

Post#52 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu May 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Al
for
Haslem
Battier
Anthony
Cole
2 future 1sts

Why for Utah: Utah takes the PooPoo platter for Jefferson.
Why for Miami: They get their big 4. Jefferson gives them a center that can carry some scoring load.

Is this real life? would Jazz consider this? would OP really do it?
Miami says thank you.

From Jazz standpoint, I dont really see what's the big rush to get rid of Al, he's only 27 and Kanter has been far from impressive. in fact for the next 4 years, i'll bet that

Al >>>> Kanter
Al >> Favors
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu May 10, 2012 5:43 pm

No I doubt the Jazz do that. But, like I said I tried for each team in the league. Miami was one of those hard teams to do, they don't have a lot of salaries in the right range or picks or young players of value.

Basically that was the best I could work out.
tclg
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#54 » by tclg » Thu May 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Sign me up for the bulls.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,176

Post#55 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu May 10, 2012 6:19 pm

IDK if Toronto bites on that deal.....yet, Colangelo, Casey and company want to see how Jonas V and Bargs work at the 4/5 before making a move to trade them. I just don't see Al Jefferson working with Jonas at the 4/5 cause I see Al more as a 5 and Harris isn't to exciting, only way I see this is if Toronto wants to do a straight up salary dump and make a run at some 2013 free agents. Toronto would just have maybe 2-4 players under contract in DeRozan + Amir Johnson as well as maybe Bayless if we sign him to a cheaper deal this year and Ed Davis. If we took the Utah deal I would amnesty Kleiza right away to save that extra $4.6 million we would be spending and then pray that we walk away with some quality FA's.

At the end of the day that move could work out in Toronto favor or backfire in the worst way. If we walk away with a Ty Lawson/Jennings/Steph Curry/Jrue Holiday/Harden/Turner or somebody like that it's a obvious home run but the chances are very slim that the above groups respective teams would let them walk
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 1,995

Post#56 » by Rockazoids » Thu May 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Mr S. who was the best FA TOR has sign anyway?
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,176

Post#57 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu May 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Rockazoids wrote:Mr S. who was the best FA TOR has sign anyway?

Now or in 2013? I would say this year it's Gorgan Dragic the guy is what Toronto needs a tough defensive PG who can guard SG's as well reminds me a bit of Kirk Hinrich's role. The other 2 guys I think that would be really good fits are Omar Asik and Courtney Lee. Asik is a good spot starter for Toronto to hold down the fort a bit until Jonas V shows that he's 100% NBA ready for big NBA mins. As I see it both would make a very good defensive C combo to have add in Bargs and 1 of Ed Davis and Amir (which ever one isn't moved) and that front court is pretty good. I like Lee's game as a SG/SF for us, the guy is a decent 3 point shooter, scorer and defender who I think would be a good guy to split the SG mins with DeRozan until DeRozan shows he can be a upper tier SG. There will be good secondary players that can help Toronto I just hope they don't go crazy and overpay for Nash just to say they sign him and have a Hakeem Olajuwon situation here again or overpay for a DJ Augustin

If your talking next year obviously Harden would be #1 on my list then I would take any of Lawson/Curry/Jrue/Jennings in that order as a PG.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#58 » by Brandon-Clyde » Thu May 10, 2012 6:49 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:Crawford is opting out of his contract so the Blazers can't trade him.

That rat bastard!

Do you really want Crawford or just include him for salary. If salary Shawne Williams and Nolan Smith could be added in exchange. The question would be how much money does that leave Portland for free agency in July
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 1,995

Post#59 » by Rockazoids » Thu May 10, 2012 6:50 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:Mr S. who was the best FA TOR has sign anyway?

Now or in 2013? I would say this year it's Gorgan Dragic the guy is what Toronto needs a tough defensive PG who can guard SG's as well reminds me a bit of Kirk Hinrich's role. The other 2 guys I think that would be really good fits are Omar Asik and Courtney Lee. Asik is a good spot starter for Toronto to hold down the fort a bit until Jonas V shows that he's 100% NBA ready for big NBA mins. As I see it both would make a very good defensive C combo to have add in Bargs and 1 of Ed Davis and Amir (which ever one isn't moved) and that front court is pretty good. I like Lee's game as a SG/SF for us, the guy is a decent 3 point shooter, scorer and defender who I think would be a good guy to split the SG mins with DeRozan until DeRozan shows he can be a upper tier SG. There will be good secondary players that can help Toronto I just hope they don't go crazy and overpay for Nash just to say they sign him and have a Hakeem Olajuwon situation here again or overpay for a DJ Augustin

If your talking next year obviously Harden would be #1 on my list then I would take any of Lawson/Curry/Jrue/Jennings in that order as a PG.

No I'm asking who was the best FA that the signed? Olajuwon?
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu May 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Well, it was bad enough trading a dime for two nickels. Now it's a nickle and 2 pennies.

I think we'd have to have some draft picks coming our way.

Return to Trades and Transactions