Trading Dwight may be the only option - LAL/LAC/UTA

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

VIPER8382
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Trading Dwight may be the only option - LAL/LAC/UTA 

Post#1 » by VIPER8382 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:02 pm

I just don't think the Lakers can win with their current roster, coach, and system. I don't see how Gasol can bring back enough to fix the team, so the only option that I see is to trade Howard for quantity over quality. The only realistic options are probably Brooklyn and the Clippers, and as much as it would hurt to send Dwight to the other locker room, I think the Clippers can give the best package in terms of quality and fit. So here is my newest attempt.

Lakers Receive: Eric Bledsoe, Paul Millsap, DeAndre Jordan

Clippers Receive: Dwight Howard, Antawn Jamison, Steve Blake

Jazz Receive: Lamar Odom, 2013 Clippers 1st (unprotected), 2015 Clippers 1st (unprotected), 2017 Clippers 1st (lotto protected in 17, top 3 in 18, unprotected in 19)

The Lakers sacrifice the best center in the game to get a much younger, much more balanced roster. Bledsoe is the key here, as he gives the Lakers the first legitimate defender at the point since, well I'm not really sure. He is a star in waiting, due to his emergence, the Clippers are only a net of 1.5 points per 100 possessions better with Chris Paul on the court vs with him off the court. Bledsoe can also play SG, so even when Nash is back and healthy at PG, he can still find 30+ mpg. The duo of Millsap and Jordan try to replace the loss of Howard, which of course they can't, until that is you factor in that Gasol will be a 50% better player without having to spend most of his minutes sharing the court with Howard. To me Bledsoe, Millsap, Jordan, and Gasol in a better role is better than Howard, Jamison, and an improperly used Gasol, or what he could fetch in a deal.

Lakers Depth
Nash (32) / Bledsoe (16)
Bryant (10) / Meeks (22) / Bledsoe (16)
MWP (24) / Bryant (24)
Millsap (32) / Gasol (8) / MWP (8)
Gasol (24) / Jordan (24)

The Clippers get Howard, that should be enough explanation.

The Jazz get a lot of future assets for a guy that they were unlikely to retain anyway.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Re: Trading Dwight may be the only option - LAL/LAC/UTA 

Post#2 » by [RCG] » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:23 pm

Lamar Odom would be absolutely pissed. But that's fine by me. Lakers get too good of a return for Dwight when he can walk at the end of the year but I'm not entirely sure Clippers or Jazz would pass on the deal though...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Post#3 » by N.O.R.E. » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Take out those picks and have Bledsoe go to the Jazz.
If Dwight needs to be dealt again there's no way he fetches that much in a deal. Hell, I think the Lakers would be stoked knowing they got Millsap and DeAndre for Bynum.
If Dwight needs to be dealt again he really begins to be a joke.
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Post#4 » by N.O.R.E. » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Take out those picks and have Bledsoe go to the Jazz.
If Dwight needs to be dealt again there's no way he fetches that much in a deal. Hell, I think the Lakers would be stoked knowing they got Millsap and DeAndre for Bynum.
If Dwight needs to be dealt again he really begins to be a joke.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#5 » by sipclip » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Seems like way to good of a deal for the lakers.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,476

Post#6 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:34 pm

sipclip wrote:Seems like way to good of a deal for the lakers.

The Lakers? The Clippers turn a limited maybe top 15 C and a back up PG into a when he gets healthy top 3 players.
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Post#7 » by parson » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:03 am

Maybe the Lakers wait until Howard's back is healed and he's back in shape? For that matter, isn't Steve Nash going to start running next week?
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
VIPER8382
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#8 » by VIPER8382 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:18 am

I really don't think the Lakers are afraid Dwight will leave, as there aren't any great options for him. I just think this trade makes them a much better team. Without Bledsoe coming to them though I don't see any way that they would do the deal. Just getting Millsap and Jordan isn't enough of a return, this isn't an Orlando situation where everyone knew Dwight was leaving. Chances are very good that he will stay with the Lakers for many years to come, but if this deal were on the table I think that the Lakers would be foolish to not at least consider it, and if I were GM I would pull the trigger on it.

I don't see any way the Clippers could turn this deal down., as a matter of fact I could see them offering slightly less than this, then Mitch talking them up to this package, and adding the Jazz in to push it over the top.

I also don't see how the Jazz could say no, as I think Odom (who is beginning to play fairly well) and 3 firsts is an overpay even if the firsts all project to be low. I figured it would take an overpay though to get them to help two conference rivals improve, especially when they are both in LA.
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#9 » by Cashin out » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:33 am

So the Lakers officially make the Clippers kings of LA?

CP3/Blake/D12
magic wand time
Junior
And1: 6

Post#10 » by magic wand time » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:51 am

3 1sts for Milsap? Just wow, your perception of value is astonishing.
milesfides wrote:If I were management and I saw one of my players crying, tweeting, and listening to Drake, I would punch him in the face.

Stern's Legacy in two words: BASKETBALL REASONS {the NBA's future instantly changed}
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#11 » by Kobe System » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:35 am

Is this a joke? :lol:

Return to Trades and Transactions