DJ to Bulls

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,381

DJ to Bulls 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:07 pm

I know this would not happen, but what if Pax got aggressive and called DJ this week. The Bulls offer:
-Rose, Mirotic, Butler, Taj, McDermott, Snell-an awesome core in need of a center
-A great city and a historic franchise
-The chance to play in the East

So, if DJ were interested, and wanted to leave LA-he could threaten the Clips with Dallas. Then the Clips and Bulls do a sign and trade, DJ for Noah, and Gasol

Then they make it bigger, and send McDermott, Kirk and the Sac pick to Denver for Galo

The Clips get 2 bigs who fit nicely with Griffin and let's them continue to try to win now

The Bulls get their Center and SF and go with
Rose/FA
Butler/Snell
Galo/Snell
Niko/Taj/Portis
DJ/Taj/vet

This team is expensive, for a year, but that is the best team in the East, and maybe the league, assuming Rose gets back to All Star level (forget the superstar level-just talking to Teague's level)
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,335

Re: DJ to Bulls 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:19 pm

If DJ is out the door anyway, I don't hate it for the Clippers. They have a year to see if they can make it work with Gasol/Noah at center. If not, they're both off the books next year when the cap goes up.

The Gallo trade really comes down to whether you think McDermott can defend his position in the NBA. Because Kirk and the Sac pick (top 10 protected) pretty much gets you salary relief at this point.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#3 » by LApwnd » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:22 pm

Its a fair deal for clipps but what's so historic bout chi? Besides mj era chi doesn't have much to show
pipfan
RealGM

Post#4 » by pipfan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:10 pm

Kirk is only in there for the $. The Sac pick is an ok asset. McDermott can shoot, and Mudiay will need shooters moving forward. Figure it's worth the risk for Den, and they save a bunch of $

For the Clips, it's a homerun. They might prefer Noah and Gasol over DJ anyway
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,356

Post#5 » by mademan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:13 pm

I like the 1st trade if DJ is out the door anyways. I dont see Gallo being traded for Mcdermott (who holds little value following his rookies season) and the Sac 1st (which is either gonna be a late 1st or a 2nd rounder depending on if Sac town gets good in the next year)
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,505

Post#6 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:30 pm

LApwnd wrote:Its a fair deal for clipps but what's so historic bout chi? Besides mj era chi doesn't have much to show

3rd most NBA Titles. Unless the Celtics and Lakers are the only two historic teams in the league.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#7 » by LApwnd » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:32 pm

Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
LApwnd wrote:Its a fair deal for clipps but what's so historic bout chi? Besides mj era chi doesn't have much to show

3rd most NBA Titles. Unless the Celtics and Lakers are the only two historic teams in the league.

Like i said all mj era...nothing before nothing after
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,861

Post#8 » by Phila Tough » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:35 pm

LApwnd wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:

Seriously dude? MJ alone likely makes them an historic franchise. I really hope all Lakers fans don't think like this.

As others as stated, if DJ is on his way out I like this deal a lot for both teams.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#9 » by LApwnd » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:37 pm

Lurk Nowitzki wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:3rd most NBA Titles. Unless the Celtics and Lakers are the only two historic teams in the league.

Seriously dude? MJ alone likely makes them an historic franchise. I really hope all Lakers fans don't think like this.

As others as stated, if DJ is on his way out I like this deal a lot for both teams.

If they reached a finals post mj then sure...my opinion is my own so no need to lump people together. You don't like it so be it, no one needs to agree to everything
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,861

Post#10 » by Phila Tough » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:39 pm

LApwnd wrote:
Lurk Nowitzki wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

If they reached a finals post mj then sure...

I guess man.
pipfan
RealGM

Post#11 » by pipfan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:21 pm

The point is not about whether it is a historic franchise-it is. The Bulls are high profile and a marquee team. So, should Pax call Doc?
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#12 » by SportsFan215 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:29 am

This is similar to my original DJ (S&T) for Noah/Gibson/McDermott/Sac First deal.

I don't mind this deal either for the Clippers, as a Griffin, Noah, Gasol big rotation would be tough to pass up. However I would push to get McDermott included in this deal to the Clippers. I think he would be an ideal backup SF next to Lance off the bench.
jarryd3107
Pro Prospect
And1: 129

Post#13 » by jarryd3107 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:56 am

The Clips deal aside, the Denver deal makes sense for both teams. Gallo is injury prone and is owed big money and Denver looks set for a rebuild. A 1st and young talent would be plenty to pry Gallo out of there.

The only thing I could add is that Hinrich could be moved on to a 3rd team for a second (my Pacers perhaps?).
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#14 » by DanTown8587 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:10 am

Bulls couldn't afford the two deals together because of the apron and rules against acquiring players via S&T. I think Noah to LA makes a lot of sense if they lose DJ (Bulls find value somewhere and the Clippers only have the one year of salary so they can have a max spot + room open to them in 2016).
pipfan
RealGM

Post#15 » by pipfan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:15 pm

I am pretty sure DJ will return to the Clips or go to Dallas. Pax is not an aggressive GM. But, it would be a huge upgrade for Chi, and these two moves balance our team. I think it is a legal trade too

Return to Trades and Transactions