Raptors go all in Knicks Raptors blockbuster

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,678

Raptors go all in Knicks Raptors blockbuster 

Post#1 » by hype_2004 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 7:50 am

Raptors go all in for the chance to win an NBA championship, no more lateral marginal trades
Raptors trade PF Patrick Patterson, SF Demarre Carrol, SF Bruno Caboclo, 2016 own first rounder, 2016 Knicks pick for SF Carmelo Anthony

Raptors lineup
PG Kyle Lowry/Corey Joseph
SG Demar Derozan/Terrance Ross
SF Carmelo Anthony/James Johnson
PF Luis Scola/James Johnson
C Jonas Valanciunas/Bismarck Biyombo
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Re: Raptors go all in Knicks Raptors blockbuster 

Post#2 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:11 pm

Can't see either team doing this. New York needs marquee names to draw in free agents and no offense to Patterson or Carroll but they are not that. Melo fits their team as that alpha dog scorer but IMHO isn't a guy who should be in a triangle system.

I don't like this for Toronto as we are throwing a lot of money at Melo to try to win now and I don't see that team being able to win a ring this year or next. Scola and James Johnson are not really the power forward core I want going forward. All this really does it gives us a lot of big money tied up and hope we could convince DeRozan to return to Toronto with a big offer and hopefully find a MLE level power forward in the off season
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#3 » by Grover » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:18 pm

Melo would likely not agree to be traded to Toronto.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#4 » by Prokorov » Sat Feb 6, 2016 4:53 pm

i cant see it happening....

cant see melo agreeing to leave for toronto
cant see the knicks letting a big name go right before free agency
cant see the raptors giving up that insane package to take on that insane contract for a piece that probably doesnt get them over the hump
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,045

Post#5 » by R-DAWG » Sat Feb 6, 2016 5:03 pm

NY would need more future picks from Toronto to be interested. If the deal inlcuded the LAC 2017 pick and TOR's 2018 pick it gets a little more interesting. DeMarre Carroll's deal is negative value for NY.

NY would likely ask for Valancunis to be included in any Carmelo trade. Only young player on the Raptors roster with real upside.

But as other's have said Melo ain't waiving his NTC to go to the North. Maybe Drake can call him on his cell phone to try and change his mind.

Return to Trades and Transactions