Miami/Houston My take w/Milwaukee/Philly/Phoenix

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,382

Miami/Houston My take w/Milwaukee/Philly/Phoenix 

Post#1 » by red96 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 3:47 pm

Heat trade: Whiteside, McRoberts, Anderson, Deng, Udrih
Heat get:Howard, Cannan, Thorton, KJ McDaniels, Dekker

The Heat get the pefect piece next to Bosh in Howard, who'll have full bird rights. The Heat wouldn't have to risk Whiteside bolting, choose between Whiteside or Whiteside, or keep both at the cost 0 depth. Its reported that no contending hopefuls(Rockets, Lakers,Mavs) will pay Howard max $ next year, so the Heat likely wouldn't have to pay it to retain him. Morey is said to would only offer Howard a contract starting around 20m. The Heat are able to contend with focused vets and will have cheap, young, developing players locked in. They lose Deng, but he would be gone this off-season anyways, since he'd have to be renounced for the Heat to retain Wade & Whiteside.

Howard/STAT
Bosh/Haslem/Stokes
Winslow/Green/McDaniels
Wade/Thorton
Dragic/Cannan

Rockets trade: Howard, KJ McDaniels, Thorton, Lawson, Sam Dekker, Rockets 2018 1st (top 10 protected), Blazers 2017 2nd, Terrence Jones, Brewer
Rockets get: Whiteside, Deng, Bayless, Anderson, OJ Mayo, Markieff Morris

The Rockets use assets to re-tool and get a little younger. They that the risk of Whiteside bolting for nothing.

Whiteside/Capela
Morris/Smith/Harrell
Ariza/Deng
Harden/Terry
Beverley/Bayless

notes: Morris starts temporarily until DMo gets healthy and Smiths better off the bench. With no bird rights and no Howard, Smith is likely gone in the off-season. The Rockets would be able to re-sign Bayless,DMo, ect. and would still be able to offer Durant or Horford a max contract.

This next part could be done as a 2nd trade but i'll just combine it.

76ers trade: Cannan
76ers get: Rockets 2018 1st (top 10 protected ), McRoberts

The 76ers take McRoberts for an extra 1st rounder

Bucks trade: Mayo , Bayless
Bucks get: Udrih, Lawson, Blazers 2017 2nd rounder

The Bucks try to find an answer at pg with a 0 risk, all reward move. If it doesn't work, they get capspace and a pick. Many Bucks fans have said they'd like this type of deal.

Suns trade:Markieff Morris
Suns get: Terrence Jones, Corey Brewer

The Suns rid themselves of the Markieffmere and get a nice, younger pf and a decent backup wing. Many Suns fans have said they'd like this type of deal.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,409

Re: Miami/Houston My take w/Milwaukee/Philly/Phoenix 

Post#2 » by M-C-G » Sat Feb 6, 2016 6:01 pm

If the Rockets want Mayo and Bayless, I'd cut out everyone else from our end and do something like;
HOU IN: Bayless, Mayo, Plumlee or Copeland
MKE IN: Lawson, one of DMO, Jones, or one of Dekker, Harrell with some kind of second rounder coming back or the rights to some foreign guy.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,873

Post#3 » by the_process » Sat Feb 6, 2016 7:22 pm

Mayo/Bayless for TJones/Lawson works money wise.
red96
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by red96 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 8:48 pm

oyoyer wrote:Mayo/Bayless for TJones/Lawson works money wise.
M-C-G wrote:If the Rockets want Mayo and Bayless, I'd cut out everyone else from our end and do something like;
MKE IN: Lawson, one of DMO, Jones, or one of Dekker, Harrell with some kind of second rounder coming back or the rights to some foreign guy.
The inclusion of Milwaukee was for the Rockets to acquire a cheap and serviceable pg. Bayless has no future in Milwaukee and his contract is expiring. They have issues at guard and the Bucks are already receiving a potential starter and a pick for Bayless. I think that's fair enough for both parties. Mayo isn't wanted , but needed for salary purposes. Nothing more.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,037

Post#5 » by Prez » Sat Feb 6, 2016 8:53 pm

red96 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:If the Rockets want Mayo and Bayless, I'd cut out everyone else from our end and do something like;
The inclusion of Milwaukee was for the Rockets to acquire a cheap and serviceable pg. Bayless has no future in Milwaukee and his contract is expiring. They have issues at guard and the Bucks are already receiving a potential starter and a pick for Bayless. I think that's fair enough for both parties. Mayo isn't wanted , but needed for salary purposes. Nothing more.

Mayo hasn't been great this year, he's super inconsistent, but I think with a change of scenery he could offer more than you'd think. He's a capable defender (great when he really locks in) who can guard PGs, a streaky but more or less solid shooter, solid passer and good teammate. I actually think he'd be a nice fit alongside Harden.

Bayless would be a nice spark off Houston's bench though. He's been a sniper this year from 3.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#6 » by Dcebucks11 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 9:20 pm

Milbuck wrote:
red96 wrote:

Mayo hasn't been great this year, he's super inconsistent, but I think with a change of scenery he could offer more than you'd think. He's a capable defender (great when he really locks in) who can guard PGs, a streaky but more or less solid shooter, solid passer and good teammate. I actually think he'd be a nice fit alongside Harden.

Bayless would be a nice spark off Houston's bench though. He's been a sniper this year from 3.

Dude what? Mayo stinks at everything..
red96
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by red96 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 9:21 pm

Milbuck wrote:
red96 wrote:

I don't see many opportunities for a Mayo revival after the deal. The Rockets would have Harden, Bayless, Beverley, Ariza, and Deng all ahead of him on the depth chart. Backup sg isn't and wouldn't be one of the Rockets needs.
-baki "the Rockets fan"
the_process
RealGM

Post#8 » by the_process » Sat Feb 6, 2016 9:27 pm

red96 wrote:

Ok. I can tell you that the Rockets can't trade their 2017 pick due to Stepien. So maybe simplify to:

Whiteside, Deng, Birdman to HOU
Howard and Covington to MIA
McBob, Motie, Dekker, and 2018 unprotected HOU 1st to PHI

Or if you prefer to keep your 2018 pick, HOU can eat McBob and give Birdman to PHI.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,964

Post#9 » by buckboy » Sat Feb 6, 2016 9:30 pm

Covington isn't worth all that.

He just isn't.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
red96
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by red96 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 10:49 pm

oyoyer wrote:
red96 wrote:

Ok. I can tell you that the Rockets can't trade their 2017 pick due to Stepien. So maybe simplify to:

Whiteside, Deng, Birdman to HOU
Howard and Covington to MIA
McBob, Motie, Dekker, and 2018 unprotected HOU 1st to PHI

Or if you prefer to keep your 2018 pick, HOU can eat McBob and give Birdman to PHI.
Thanks for catching that. I meant the 2018 1st. After the deal the Rockets would have Deng, Ariza, and Harden on the wings. There wouldn't be any need for Convington.
-baki "the Rockets fan"
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#11 » by hcsilla » Sat Feb 6, 2016 11:13 pm

I don't think that's the type of deal that the Suns are/(should have to be) looking for although Jones might have a higher ceiling than Markieff but Brewers' contract kills the deal, IMO.
the_process
RealGM

Post#12 » by the_process » Sun Feb 7, 2016 6:18 am

buckboy wrote:Covington isn't worth all that.

He just isn't.

Agreed. But eating McBob's awful deal on top of it is.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,283

Post#13 » by Hoops23 » Sun Feb 7, 2016 6:22 am

I love the other Heat Rockets posted at the trade board than this one
GFreak34
Bench Warmer
And1: 203

Post#14 » by GFreak34 » Sun Feb 7, 2016 6:36 am

No brainer for the Bucks.