Post Free agency TRADE BLOCK and TEAM NEEDS -- Add yours! (15 of 30)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Re: Post Free agency TRADE BLOCK and TEAM NEEDS -- Add yours! (11 of 30) 

Post#41 » by RalphSampsonJr » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:42 am

getrichordie wrote:OKC needs a defensive-minded 4 to backup 2Pat and to play small ball 5 because outside of Adams, we don't have anyone.

Thunder need to rid themselves of Kanter and sign Jamychal Green!!!!!
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Re: Post Free agency TRADE BLOCK and TEAM NEEDS -- Add yours! (11 of 30) 

Post#42 » by getrichordie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:47 pm

RalphSampsonJr wrote:
getrichordie wrote:OKC needs a defensive-minded 4 to backup 2Pat and to play small ball 5 because outside of Adams, we don't have anyone.

Thunder need to rid themselves of Kanter and sign Jamychal Green!!!!!

If only that was a feasible option.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,949

Re: Post Free agency TRADE BLOCK and TEAM NEEDS -- Add yours! (15 of 30) 

Post#43 » by Drax » Sat Sep 2, 2017 12:24 pm

Boston Celtics

Since the Celtics are the thrid youngest team in the NBA while also aiming for play off success, we could use some veterans to fill out the roster. I'm thinking about true pro's who understand where the Celtics are headed and not complain if they don't get playing time, but also are ready to contribute once called upon. Contract length and size are secondary since the Cs are pretty set for the near future with the exception of Smart's RFA next offseason.

Positional needs:
- A true 7 footer for 15-20 minutes to match big front courts. Should at least possess one of those four traits (the more the better), good rebounder, good defender, hard screener or good passer.
- A 3&D combo guard to challenge Rozier for playing time.

Available:
Second round picks, young players (not the lottery selections), first round picks. It all depends on who we're talking about.
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#44 » by M-C-G » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:37 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:We used to have a sticky for this. You take your team and in one to four sentences encapsulate what anyone unfamiliar with your team should know when making a trade for them. Then that will get truncated to a few informative snippets and added into the OP so everyone can make great trades for the team in question.

Examples (may not be the actual team needs):

Milwaukee Bucks

Looking to take the leap through internal growth from 42 win team to 48-50. Roster is pretty much stayed the same, which is a bunch of guys that can play multiple positions, defend multiple positions. Lots of solid role, unexciting role players to have around Giannis until Jabari gets back.

Dynamic PG that can get to the rim and create off the dribble is the biggest need.

Pieces available: role players, some younger guys that haven't broken through yet, future picks
Not available: Giannis, Thon
Probably not available: Middleton, Parker, Brogdon
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#45 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:07 pm

Orlando Magic

Needs

Elite talent / Everything

Trade Block
Everyone except AG, Payton, and Isaac. Realistically Fournier, Vuc, and Ross I would imagine are the most valuable assets that would be available imo. I don't want to trade any of them mainly because it would mean we'd have to watch Biyombo and Hezonja play basketball more than any human should. But they still consist of just very good role players regardless of looking a little more modern and in desperate need of talent.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#46 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Drax wrote:Boston Celtics

Since the Celtics are the thrid youngest team in the NBA while also aiming for play off success, we could use some veterans to fill out the roster. I'm thinking about true pro's who understand where the Celtics are headed and not complain if they don't get playing time, but also are ready to contribute once called upon. Contract length and size are secondary since the Cs are pretty set for the near future with the exception of Smart's RFA next offseason.

Positional needs:
- A true 7 footer for 15-20 minutes to match big front courts. Should at least possess one of those four traits (the more the better), good rebounder, *capable defender, hard screener or good passer.

Available:
Second round picks, young players (not the lottery selections), first round picks. It all depends on who we're talking about.

This literally screams Vucevic.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,949

Post#47 » by Drax » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:28 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
Spoiler:

Positional needs:
- A true 7 footer for 15-20 minutes to match big front courts. Should at least possess one of those four traits (the more the better), good rebounder, *capable defender, hard screener or good passer.

Available:

And on the Celtics board you find a lot of people who feel the same way, the only problem is the salary matching. The Cs don't have those juicy below market value contracts anymore. The Celtics would have to trade Morris plus one of Tatum/Brown/Smart and some other young players to match Vuc's $12.5 million dollar contract and personally i belive that is an overpay, because those three lottery players mentioned have all significant rotation roles.
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#48 » by EAS Law » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:53 am

Drax wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
Spoiler:

Positional needs:

Available:

And on the Celtics board you find a lot of people who feel the same way, the only problem is the salary matching. The Cs don't have those juicy below market value contracts anymore. The Celtics would have to trade Morris plus one of Tatum/Brown/Smart and some other young players to match Vuc's $12.5 million dollar contract and personally i belive that is an overpay, because those three lottery players mentioned have all significant rotation roles.

Look at it this way, out of the three guys you mentioned, who is starting? I think Tatum, right? It would be silly for Boston to give us Tatum before he shows what he is or isn't, but Smart and Brown are overpays?

What is Brown's game like? I honestly am asking. We really need consistent three-point shooting more than anything else with even average defense. I don't think Smart fits that because of the shooting requirement.

Any Magic fan would love Tatum though. I wish it were a trade we could actually make. I believe it would be mutually beneficial considering you have enough wing weapons as it stands with Hayward and Kyrie. Ainge doesn't like to execute trades that are immediately considered to be mutually beneficial, which has helped you guys quite a bit in the past.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#49 » by Roy The Natural » Wed Nov 8, 2017 7:35 am

Needs - shooters

Trade block - Vonleh, Ed Davis, 2018 1st rounder, Connaughton, Layman, Harkless, Swanigan (if the player is right), Napier.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#50 » by E S V L » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:57 pm

Grizzlies

Need - 1st round picks and/or young talents for each position except C

Available: Wright, Macklemore, Parsons, Ennis, Martin, Chalmers, Evans
Available for some sort of overpayment: Gasol, Conley, Green
Untouchable because still developing: Brooks, Harrison, Selden, Davis, Rabb
FK NFL
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#51 » by Zion Wembanyama » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:41 pm

Pelicans

Need: A two-way starting SF, who is at least 6'7.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,624

Post#52 » by Cappy_Smurf » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:21 am

Super Powered wrote:Pelicans

Need: A two-way starting SF, who is at least 6'7.

Alec Burks is 6'6 and has been a 6MOY candidate when healthy, so I don't think it's a stretch that he could be a starter. I also think Derrick Favors could be useful to the Pels if they aren't interested in Burks. A 3 man big rotation of AD/Boogie/Favors would be pretty nice to take into the playoffs.

I think Utah and NO could be good trade partners.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#53 » by shrink » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Shall we make a call for a pre-deadline update?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#54 » by Gianstoppable » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:19 pm

M-C-G wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:We used to have a sticky for this. You take your team and in one to four sentences encapsulate what anyone unfamiliar with your team should know when making a trade for them. Then that will get truncated to a few informative snippets and added into the OP so everyone can make great trades for the team in question.

Examples (may not be the actual team needs):

Milwaukee Bucks

Looking to take the leap through internal growth from 42 win team to 48-50. Roster is pretty much stayed the same, which is a bunch of guys that can play multiple positions, defend multiple positions. Lots of solid role, unexciting role players to have around Giannis until Jabari gets back.

Dynamic PG that can get to the rim and create off the dribble is the biggest need.

Pieces available: role players, some younger guys that haven't broken through yet, future picks
Not available: Giannis, Thon
Probably not available: Middleton, Parker, Brogdon

UPDATE:
Thon DEFINITELY available lol
#FreeChuckDiesel
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#55 » by NYG » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:44 am

I think the Knicks are not committed to a tank, but also not going to sacrifice anything of future value (picks, Ntilikina, etc.) for a win now move either. The Knicks are shopping their centers with O’Quinn and/or Hernangomez seeming the most likely to be dealt and Courtney Lee, but I think they ask for just too much for any team to realistically give in return without enough desperation to dump him so I bet Lee stays. Lance Thomas would be neutral in trade talks with the Knicks being more likely to use him as filler. I don’t think any one else on the Knicks is going to be shopped. They’re looking for athletic two-way wings with an emphasis on their perimeter defense.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Post#56 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:14 pm

Letting this one float away and moving on to the new one.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#57 » by Sportfan73 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:23 pm

Please an expiring stretch 4 for Philly to replace Booker

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]

Return to Trades and Transactions