Introducing the TnT board weekly trade challenge

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,541

Introducing the TnT board weekly trade challenge 

Post#1 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:26 pm

Introducing the TnT board weekly trade challenge!

How does it works?
Each week on Monday a new trade challenge will be posted, trade challenges will range in topics from team or individual specific to thematic, and anything fitting within that category is an acceptable submission (juts please submit your own and not someone else's ideas!). Examples might include:
-- Move Clarkson for cap space for LAL (player),
-- Find a sf for the Pelicans (team position),
-- Add to the Nets rebuilding assets (team directional), or
-- Trade a pending rfa before his team needs to commit to a new contract or lose them for nothing (league wide theme).

Or anything else we think up! (If you have a great idea for an upcoming theme, just pm a mod and let us know).

All trade entries must be pm'ed to the mod in charge of that weeks challenge by Thursday noon EST. Do not publicly post your trade as these will be posted anonymously. All trades must be legal and CBA compliant. Thursday at noon EST all received entries will be posted, and a thread allowing public discussion and voting for the best idea is opened. Voting will be open for 3 days after which a winner will be picked.

How do I win?
It is simple:
1) Submit your entry of a legal trade via pm to the right mod before Thursday noon
2) Receive the most votes for best trade idea

What do I win?
Each weeks winner will be hyperlinked in the sticky on the weekly trade challenge. And at the end of the season, we will see if we cannot come up with something nice if someone has consistently been a winner. But as part of winning the weekly contest and bragging rights, a few of us mods have agreed to allow the winner to pick one of us and -- so long as it is complaint with realgm standards -- allow the user to pick a custom avatar,sig and/or team logo.

Ever wonder what it would look like to see Texas Chuck sporting a Houston Rockets logo? Sick and tired of HartfordWhalers not having a Colangelo avatar? Want to really rub salt in pacers33granger with an OKC logo? loserX with a Celtics logo? Or just make one of us support your favorite team? Now might be your chance (actual mod participation not guaranteed, not valid in Puerto Rico or Canada -- unless of course it is).

So, stay tuned as Monday the first trade challenge will be posted. And again, if you have topic ideas, please pm them in.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Re: Introducing the TnT board weekly trade challenge 

Post#2 » by Mamba4Goat » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:35 pm

Max participation is encouraged and don't be shy about posting a crazy idea. These games are fun as some of them really challenge people mentally, keep the whole board engaged throughout the off season, give us all practice on our trade values and concepts, and allows us all to have a fun time.

Personally, I see myself winning every one of the challenges and making every mod an honorary Lakers fan confessing that they think that Kobe is better than Jordan.

Also if you have any questions feel free to post it here or message any of the mods and we'll gladly answer them!
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#3 » by loserX » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:38 pm

I am 100% in favour of this initiative.

HartfordWhalers wrote: loserX with a Celtics logo?

Okay, now 3% in favour.

HartfordWhalers wrote:Or just make one of us support your favorite team? Now might be your chance (actual mod participation not guaranteed, not valid in Puerto Rico or Canada -- unless of course it is).

Okay, now 100% again.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by Mamba4Goat » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:42 pm

Also, if you have any creative ideas (within reason) for the winner, feel free to shoot it to one of us in a pm! However, we can't make anybody a mod or anything too overzealous like that.

And like I said, this is at the very worst good practice for everyone, I gained a lot from these games last year.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,818

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:11 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Personally, I see myself winning every one of the challenges and making every mod an honorary Lakers fan confessing that they think that Kobe is better than Jordan.

Sorry, but I'm winning all of them and you are all going to have JJ Barea avatars.

Mostly just bumping this tho to be seen after 48 Kyrie threads have taken over the board.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,297

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:29 pm

I like this, excited to participate. You'll all be rocking Richie Frahm sigs soon.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#7 » by Wizenheimer » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:36 pm

at times, I think the biggest challenge for the trades board is for it to go a week without one of the moderators jamming a bad pun into a thread title....are you guys in some secret competition for bad puns?

Keep in mind that the barrier, in the world of puns, between clever and bad is extremely thin and easily breached

(just kidding you guys...you do a great job...don't ban me!)
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#8 » by loserX » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:42 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:at times, I think the biggest challenge for the trades board is for it to go a week without one of the moderators jamming a bad pun into a thread title....are you guys in some secret competition for bad puns?

That is an outrageous accusation, sir.

There's nothing secret about it.
Texas Chuck

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:42 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:at times, I think the biggest challenge for the trades board is for it to go a week without one of the moderators jamming a bad pun into a thread title....are you guys in some secret competition for bad puns?

You realize those guys are going to see this as some sort of challenge and now every thread is going to be brutal:

Get some horses to Dallas.
What final piece does Houston need to really blast off?
How do the Jazz make some great offensive music without Hayward?
Every Rose has its thorn, stick your least favorite team with Derrick.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#10 » by Wizenheimer » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:50 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

You realize those guys are going to see this as some sort of challenge and now every thread is going to be brutal:

I'd add to that list but I'm still numb from OkaforWHAT
Texas Chuck

Post#11 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:58 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:

yeah Hartford and loserX are HoFers at this.
HartfordWhalers

Post#12 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:58 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Now thats a good title.
HartfordWhalers

Post#13 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:10 pm

Moving sticky, and no, the first challenge will not be a Kyrie trade.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,490

Post#14 » by jayjaysee » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:06 pm

Just picturing the Salahaha and Dwight Powell twin tower sigs y'all are going to rep.

And I'll work on my pun game. I'm disappointed in myself

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by Mamba4Goat » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:44 pm

jayjaysee wrote:Just picturing the Salahaha and Dwight Powell twin tower sigs y'all are going to rep.

And I'll work on my pun game. I'm disappointed in myself

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Ever since I've become a mod, my pm's have been nothing but pun lessons from the other mods. (Help me)
HartfordWhalers

Post#16 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:48 am

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:12 pm

Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#18 » by Pharaoh » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:15 am

Got a idea for this:

Get SVG & The Pistons Moving!

Tom Gores has vetoed Andre Drummond trades

Reggie Jackson's trade value is at it's lowest point

Tobias Harris is underrated on this forum

SJ is about to enter his 3rd year

AB just arrived.

Using the remainder of the roster and only one future first is there a deal out there that significantly improves the Pistons?

Keeping in mind that all Detroit trades since SVG arrived have been opportunistic & easy decisions for SVG to make.

The team is now operating under the hard cap too so there's that to consider

Roster

Dre - Bobo - Moreland
Jon - Tolliver - Henry
SJ - Harris
AB - Kennard - Galloway
RJ - Ish
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,490

Post#19 » by jayjaysee » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:01 pm

Pharaoh wrote:Got a idea for this:

Get SVG & The Pistons Moving!

That's a good one. A lot of different ways to go with contracts for matching, a first, and some mid level prospects.. Nice.

I haven't done Chicago because I don't think they're broken as is. (They should still be bad enough to draft high and Rolo nor Wade are returning a big asset so no huge loss keeping them to keep a resemblance of NBA quality..) beyond the "he didn't sign up for this" which makes me want to do it...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Texas Chuck

Post#20 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:47 pm

jayjaysee wrote:I haven't done Chicago because I don't think they're broken as is. (They should still be bad enough to draft high and Rolo nor Wade are returning a big asset so no huge loss keeping them to keep a resemblance of NBA quality..) beyond the "he didn't sign up for this" which makes me want to do it...

so the Mavs fan wants Wade to have to play out the year in basketball purgatory.....

Return to Trades and Transactions