Trade ideas thread

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Re: Trade ideas thread 

Post#21 » by sportscrazy » Mon Aug 7, 2017 8:07 pm

BullyKing wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:Cleveland Cavaliers get:
DeAndre Jordan
Patrick Beverley

Los Angeles Clippers get:
Kyrie Irving
Iman Shumpert
Up to $14,839,125 in salary for defensive center replacement

Team X gets:
Lou Williams
Channing Frye

Which team is paying the compensation to team x?

haha I just gave the frame work, the rest is on whoever wants to help.

I wonder if Mahinmi would work? Does that get the Wizards into the DeMarcus Cousins MAX ballpark in 2018 or still not even close?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,106

Post#22 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 8:08 pm

BullyKing wrote:
DeAndre Jordan
Patrick Beverley

Kyrie Irving
Iman Shumpert

Team X gets:
Lou Williams
Channing Frye

Lou Will has positive value.

I'd say Chandler for LouWill Frye is a good deal for PHX, then they can move Lou or keep him behind booker.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#23 » by sportscrazy » Mon Aug 7, 2017 8:20 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
DeAndre Jordan
Patrick Beverley

Kyrie Irving
Iman Shumpert

Team X gets:
Lou Williams
Channing Frye

Lou Will has positive value.

I'd say Chandler for LouWill Frye is a good deal for PHX, then they can move Lou or keep him behind booker.

I don't think cap space is a priority for the Suns right now either so turning Lou Williams into a bad contract and asset isn't a bad idea for a fourth team. Augustin and Hezonja? Leonard and picks? Something along those lines.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 299

Post#24 » by eitanr » Mon Aug 7, 2017 8:48 pm

bmurph128 wrote:I think that the Cavs need to trade Kyrie for a defensive wing that can guard KD.

My suggestion was Covington.

So two questions:

One, is there another player that the Cavs could trade for that could guard Durant?

Two, what could the Cavs/Sixers add to the framework for a Irving for Covington trade that would be considered fair value?

Irving is definitely the kind of star name Bryan would like to make a bang with. It would probably need a 3rd team taking on someone like Saric with an outstanding SF going to Cleveland. Obviously that's not enough, but a start. Fultz may need to be involved too
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,662

Post#25 » by shrink » Mon Aug 7, 2017 10:43 pm

DeAndre Jordan
Patrick Beverley

Kyrie Irving
Iman Shumpert

Team X gets:
Lou Williams
Channing Frye

Gorgui DIeng makes $14.1, good defensively and a team player who does the dirty work. Both Lou Williams and Fry could have some use in Minnesota too. MIN needs swingmen and three point shooting, and if Dieng is gone, Aldrich is fine as a defensive 5 back up with KAT and Taj on the team. Thibs may disagree, but I'd say the value is close in a Dieng for Frye and Lou deal. MIN can also take on more salary this year, if it helps either team.

Idea 1: Waiting until Blake Griffin is eligible to be traded would get Beverley and Lou Williams past the deadline until they can be aggregated to add salary.

Idea 2: With expiring contracts in the deal, value could be added by including a fourth team that is looking to make a push in the 2018 free agency.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#26 » by sportscrazy » Mon Aug 7, 2017 11:05 pm

shrink wrote:
DeAndre Jordan
Patrick Beverley

Kyrie Irving
Iman Shumpert

Team X gets:
Lou Williams
Channing Frye

Gorgui DIeng makes $14.1, good defensively and a team player who does the dirty work. Both Lou Williams and Fry could have some use in Minnesota too. MIN needs swingmen and three point shooting, and if Dieng is gone, Aldrich is fine as a defensive 5 back up with KAT and Taj on the team. Thibs may disagree, but I'd say the value is close in a Dieng for Fry and Lou deal. MIN can also take on more salary this year, if it helps either team.

One hurdle you have is aggregating salary with the newly traded Lou and Beverly, but a smart trade board ought to be able to come up with consecutive trades to work around that, right? Shumpert seems like a good intermediate salary piece to go from $7 to $10 to $14?

You could just wait until later this month (still before the season starts) and the trade can happen without having to overthink the trade restrictions.

Cavaliers get: DeAndre Jordan and Patrick Beverley
Clippers get: Kyrie Irving, Iman Shumpert and Gorgui Dieng
Timberwolves get: Lou Williams and Channing Frye

That seems reasonable, right?
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#27 » by sportscrazy » Mon Aug 7, 2017 11:12 pm

sportscrazy wrote:
shrink wrote:
DeAndre Jordan
Patrick Beverley

Kyrie Irving
Iman Shumpert

Team X gets:
Lou Williams
Channing Frye

Gorgui DIeng makes $14.1, good defensively and a team player who does the dirty work. Both Lou Williams and Fry could have some use in Minnesota too. MIN needs swingmen and three point shooting, and if Dieng is gone, Aldrich is fine as a defensive 5 back up with KAT and Taj on the team. Thibs may disagree, but I'd say the value is close in a Dieng for Fry and Lou deal. MIN can also take on more salary this year, if it helps either team.

One hurdle you have is aggregating salary with the newly traded Lou and Beverly, but a smart trade board ought to be able to come up with consecutive trades to work around that, right? Shumpert seems like a good intermediate salary piece to go from $7 to $10 to $14?

You could just wait until later this month (still before the season starts) and the trade can happen without having to overthink the trade restrictions.

If Cleveland decided that luxury tax wasn't a concern and wanted to keep Shumpert (Love and LeBron surrounded by Beverley, Shumpert and Jordan is GREAT defensively) and the Clippers were okay losing Lou Williams without replacing him with Shumpert then this deal works August 28th, 2017:

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6932994
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,662

Post#28 » by shrink » Mon Aug 7, 2017 11:19 pm

sportscrazy wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:You could just wait until later this month (still before the season starts) and the trade can happen without having to overthink the trade restrictions.

If Cleveland decided that luxury tax wasn't a concern and wanted to keep Shumpert (Love and LeBron surrounded by Beverley, Shumpert and Jordan is GREAT defensively) and the Clippers were okay losing Lou Williams without replacing him with Shumpert then this deal works August 28th, 2017:

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6932994

If the luxury tax is a big issue, MIN has no problem adding salary, and could use Shumpert as well - even if he takes his player option, as opposed to the cheaper, expiring Lou Williams.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#29 » by sportscrazy » Tue Aug 8, 2017 3:25 pm

I'm wondering if the Knicks were to go the opposite direction with a Melo deal and decided to build around 'Melo and Porzingis together. Would Frank Ntilkina be enough value to dump Joakim Noah's contract?

I'm trying to find a four team deal where the Knicks would be able to generate a prospect of equal value to Ntilikina then send that prospect to the Bulls with Noah for Dwyane Wade.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,567

Post#30 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:47 pm

sportscrazy wrote:I'm wondering if the Knicks were to go the opposite direction with a Melo deal and decided to build around 'Melo and Porzingis together. Would Frank Ntilkina be enough value to dump Joakim Noah's contract?

I would try Phoenix.

You could set it up as:
Frank/Noah for Knight/ (?)
Frank/Noah for Chandler/?

If I'm Phoenix, I say yes to those because the cap hit is not egregious with the outgoing guy.

If the Knicks are really going all in now, those don't help enough for my tastes still however, but some people are higher on what Chandler has left.
Bobalob
Bench Warmer
And1: 882

Post#31 » by Bobalob » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:55 pm

Phoenix gets: Emmanuel Mudiay, Darell Arthur
Nuggets get: Eric Bledsoe

Trade almost makes too much sense. Phoenix is very big on 'matching their cores' as far as age, Nuggets signing Milsap seems to mean they're pivoting toward win now, so Bledsoe matches age group and gives them a potent trio of him, murray, and harris.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,731

Post#32 » by the_process » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:56 pm

eitanr wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:I think that the Cavs need to trade Kyrie for a defensive wing that can guard KD.

My suggestion was Covington.

So two questions:

One, is there another player that the Cavs could trade for that could guard Durant?

Two, what could the Cavs/Sixers add to the framework for a Irving for Covington trade that would be considered fair value?

Irving is definitely the kind of star name Bryan would like to make a bang with. It would probably need a 3rd team taking on someone like Saric with an outstanding SF going to Cleveland. Obviously that's not enough, but a start. Fultz may need to be involved too

Normally, I'd agree with you; but BC has apparently bought into the process. I don't think he takes a shortcut at this point if he hasn't already, and especially after he just made the big deal for Fultz.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#33 » by pacers33granger » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:02 pm

I haven't been able to come up with a workable trade or even realistic targets, but Indy could use a backup wing. This is our roster right now:

Collison/Cojo/Young
Dipo/Lance
Bogdonavic/GRIII
Thad/Sabonis/Leaf
Turner/Big Al/Abignobu

The realistic option is just to find a free agent, but maybe there's another team out there who wants to trim some salary this year by dumping a player (preferably expiring) that we could use as emergency depth. Any idea that has Big Al going out would be great too...
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#34 » by sportscrazy » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:28 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:I'm wondering if the Knicks were to go the opposite direction with a Melo deal and decided to build around 'Melo and Porzingis together. Would Frank Ntilkina be enough value to dump Joakim Noah's contract?

I would try Phoenix.

You could set it up as:

If I'm Phoenix, I say yes to those because the cap hit is not egregious with the outgoing guy.

If the Knicks are really going all in now, those don't help enough for my tastes still however, but some people are higher on what Chandler has left.

You think the Bulls would do Dwyane Wade for Tyson Chandler + Courtney Lee? That deal would give the Knicks enough cap space to MAX a 2018 free agent without losing 'Melo, Porzingis or any draft picks aside from Ntilikina. If Wade likes it in NY, I could see him and 'Melo recruiting an unhappy LeBron there.
wackbone
RealGM
And1: 3,392

Post#35 » by wackbone » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:46 pm

Just as a thought... who is the best rebounder the Celtics could get without giving up Tatum or Brown? Could DeAndre be in the mix? Should they target a lesser player who still rebounds at a high level to get backup minutes? What about a potential sign and trade with Dallas for Noel? Completely out of left field, but what about a deal centered around (pieces likely need to be added) Steven Adams for Horford? With the rumors that Kyrie wants to go to Boston, what would Boston have to add to a framework of Kyrie and Thompson for IT? Would Crowder and Brown get you there?

Sorry for the spewing

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

BAF Celtics
PG: Russell Westbrook|x
SG: Desmond Bane|Mathurin
SF: Mikal Bridges|Mathurin
PF: John Collins|x
C: Chet Holmgren|x

Other: Roddy, Saric
wackbone
RealGM
And1: 3,392

Post#36 » by wackbone » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:51 pm

pacers33granger wrote:I haven't been able to come up with a workable trade or even realistic targets, but Indy could use a backup wing. This is our roster right now:

Collison/Cojo/Young
Dipo/Lance
Bogdonavic/GRIII
Thad/Sabonis/Leaf
Turner/Big Al/Abignobu

The realistic option is just to find a free agent, but maybe there's another team out there who wants to trim some salary this year by dumping a player (preferably expiring) that we could use as emergency depth. Any idea that has Big Al going out would be great too...

I'm not sure what you could offer without sacrificing depth at another position. I'm too lazy to look right now to see what picks you have, but maybe two seconds for a guy like Hezonja, who might benefit from a change in scenery? First guy that came to mind, although there are others

BAF Celtics
PG: Russell Westbrook|x
SG: Desmond Bane|Mathurin
SF: Mikal Bridges|Mathurin
PF: John Collins|x
C: Chet Holmgren|x

Other: Roddy, Saric
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,731

Post#37 » by the_process » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:05 pm

sportscrazy wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

I would try Phoenix.

You could set it up as:

You think the Bulls would do Dwyane Wade for Tyson Chandler + Courtney Lee? That deal would give the Knicks enough cap space to MAX a 2018 free agent without losing 'Melo, Porzingis or any draft picks aside from Ntilikina. If Wade likes it in NY, I could see him and 'Melo recruiting an unhappy LeBron there.

Chandler for Noah and Ntilikina doesn't quite work salary wise.

I like the idea of Wade to NY for Noah and Frank, even if that overloads the Bulls on PG's.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#38 » by pacers33granger » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:18 pm

wackbone wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:I haven't been able to come up with a workable trade or even realistic targets, but Indy could use a backup wing. This is our roster right now:

Collison/Cojo/Young
Dipo/Lance
Bogdonavic/GRIII
Thad/Sabonis/Leaf
Turner/Big Al/Abignobu

I'm not sure what you could offer without sacrificing depth at another position. I'm too lazy to look right now to see what picks you have, but maybe two seconds for a guy like Hezonja, who might benefit from a change in scenery? First guy that came to mind, although there are others

I still believe in Mario so that'd be a steal imo. Given the wide range our record could be I would not want to give up a first for someone unless totally worth it, so yeah the options are limited outside of trading cap space or other minor assets. And while we still have big man depth, almost all of it is unproven or injury prone.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Post#39 » by daoneandonly » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:28 pm

Great thread idea.

For me, I'd like to see Dallas part ways with Wes Matthews and acquire a bigger body. One idea that came to mind was Josh MCroberts and Devin harris for Corey brewer, that gives Dal a much cheaper Wes replacement.

Then was trying for froge a trade where Wes goes back to PDX, Dal as a result has to take on the crappy contract of Myers Leonard, but gets some cap relief where Ed Davis (or another Por filler) goes to a 3rd team. Here's where assistance may be needed, who is that third team and what does Dal get instead? Preferably a backup wing on an expiring or someone with upside on a cheap deal.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,567

Post#40 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:54 pm

the_process wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
I would try Phoenix.

You could set it up as:

Chandler for Noah and Ntilikina doesn't quite work salary wise.

I like the idea of Wade to NY for Noah and Frank, even if that overloads the Bulls on PG's.

Chandler would work if they resolve Len at a reasonable price like his qo.

Straight to the bulls I like better.

Return to Trades and Transactions