What's the deal with MKG? Is NY an Option?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Re: What's the deal with MKG? Is NY an Option? 

Post#21 » by dakomish23 » Wed Aug 9, 2017 11:01 pm

What's the deal with Monk? Untouchable?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#22 » by HornetJail » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:01 am

dakomish23 wrote:What's the deal with Monk? Untouchable?

yeah most likely. I don't think anybody expected him to be available at 11- he's got a lot more value than a typical 11 pick, and we'll probably hold on to him until we see what we've got. Because on paper, he's the Devin Booker-ish secondary scorer we've needed here for years. I'd say we have 5 players that would be only be available for very obvious upgrades at this point- Kemba, MKG, Monk, Batum, Zeller. Those five, I simply do not foresee getting traded this year.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 299

Post#23 » by eitanr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:44 pm

Charlotte Fans - This is the kind of feedback that I appreciate and want to hear.

As a neutral fan, with their respective contracts and talents. I do feel Ryan Anderson and Marvin Williams are somewhat even.

I think the following 3 way actually makes some sense:

NY Deals: C. Anthony
Receives: M. Williams, J. Lamb, 2019 HOU 1st, I. Taylor, T. Quarterman, C. Onuka

HOU Deals: R. Anderson, I. Taylor, T. Quarterman, C. Onuka, 2019 1st rd pick
Receives: C. Anthony

CHA Deals: M. Williams, J. Lamb
Receives: R. Anderson

I really think this makes sense for all 3 teams
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#24 » by BeesWax » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:08 pm

eitanr wrote:Charlotte Fans - This is the kind of feedback that I appreciate and want to hear.

As a neutral fan, with their respective contracts and talents. I do feel Ryan Anderson and Marvin Williams are somewhat even.

Receives: M. Williams, J. Lamb, 2019 HOU 1st, I. Taylor, T. Quarterman, C. Onuka

I don't think Charlotte wants to take on the extra cost per year of Anderson. This also hurts our wing depth since we traded Marco earlier this offseason as well. Marvin is also doing well as a defensive stretch 4 in the new style NBA for us right now. Having Anderson and Frank as our PFs would kill any chance of defense from that spot. I am just not sure using us to move Anthony to Houston using Charlotte makes any sense because we don't need Anderson and Anthony doesn't hold any value to get decent players in return.
Spoiler:
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#25 » by LofJ » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:22 pm

eitanr wrote:Charlotte Fans - This is the kind of feedback that I appreciate and want to hear.

I could be tempted with this trade, but I'd rather Jordan roll out the red carpet for Carmelo and just cut Houston out completely. Find a third team that is willing to send an expiring for Williams and send that player, Lamb, a throw-in, and a 1st round pick to NY.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,168

Post#26 » by Rich4114 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:19 am

LofJ wrote:

I could be tempted with this trade, but I'd rather Jordan roll out the red carpet for Carmelo and just cut Houston out completely. Find a third team that is willing to send an expiring for Williams and send that player, Lamb, a throw-in, and a 1st round pick to NY.

This. Also, everyone needs to consider the Hornets are rolling with a two year plan right now. They want to see where they're at after two years when Kemba is due his raise and Dwights deal expires. It'll be a major transition point for them and having Andersons fat contract on the books at that time will impede those plans.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#27 » by lakerhater » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:34 am

jdm3 wrote:

I don't think Charlotte wants to take on the extra cost per year of Anderson. Marvin is also doing well as a defensive stretch 4 in the new style NBA for us right now. Having Anderson and Frank as our PFs would kill any chance of defense from that spot.

Yep. Williams D gives him a definitive edge over Anderson who we all know is a defensive liability. I can't see Cha having any interest in acquiring Anderson.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#28 » by Pharaoh » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:48 am

Trying to get my Pistons in on the MKG sweepstakes:

CHA gives MKG
CHA gets Lee & Kennard

Surrounding Kemba, Batum & Dwight with much better shooting

NY gives Lee
NY gets Ish, Bobo

Knicks get 2 cheaper assets on 2 year deals.

Ish can mentor Frank while Bobo ensures Noah never sees the floor

DET gives Ish, Bobo, Kennard

DET gets MKG

Pistons give 2 cheap assets on 2 year deals and a Lotto pick to get MKG

Detroit probably has to send another asset out (Henry or 2018 protected pick) but I don't think it's that far off overall

Return to Trades and Transactions