What is the best offer for Eric Bledsoe?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: What is the best offer for Eric Bledsoe? 

Post#21 » by The Rebel » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:11 pm

NYG wrote:
Jaw wrote:I think best return would be dealing him as part of the trade for Kyrie. However, I could understand Suns wanting to take things slower and not speed up the rebuild by landing Irving who puts them on the clock for two years to try and build a contender.

Other than that I think Nuggets would be a great destination as a team that could really use a point guard upgrade and some defense. Nuggets supposedly offered Mudiay and a 1st during the draft for Bledsoe (not sure if it was Nuggets original #13 pick or the one they got from Utah). I find it hard to believe Suns would've declined #13 and Mudiay if that was the offer. Nuggets could still offer Mudiay and a pick and could throw in a young guy like Beasley, Hernangomez or Lydon. I don't think Nuggets would be willing to include Murray in the offer but if I were Suns I'd try to get him.

Maybe adding a pick from Phoenix and bad contract from Denver gets the Murray deal closer?

Bledsoe and '18 Heat 1st for Faried and Murray? Maybe making it Warren instead of the Heat Pick?

Denver refused to put Murray on the table for George, Butler, and Love there is no way that they put him on the table for Bledsoe. For that matter I do not see them including much more than Mudiay and a pick, and Hernangomez is a very good prospect so I doubt he is on the table.

Also I do not know where this Faried is a bad contract came from but it is ridiculous.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#22 » by The Rebel » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:14 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
Jaw wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:To Cavs: Bledsoe + Warren + Harris + Nuggets 2018 1st
(Saves Cavs like 23mil in cap/tax and creates huge 10+mil TPE if they decide to use it OR could take Dudley or Chandler from Suns instead of cap flexibility)

To Nuggets: Irving + Jefferson + E. Millsap

To Suns: Murray + Faried + Shump

Cavs:
TT | Love | Frye
Love | LBJ | Green
LBJ | Warren | Osman
Harris | Smith | KK
Bledsoe | Rose | Calderon

Interesting. Love it for Cleveland but Suns should probably be giving up more to Nuggets. Personally if I were Nuggets I'd probably prefer just getting Bledsoe to Irving since he should take less to get and his defense can help improve a team that struggled on that end. Irving would be a scary addition to what was a top 5 offensive team last year and with his ability to play off ball would mesh very well with Jokic. However, if it would allow Nuggets to keep one of Harris or Murray I'd probably prefer to just get Bledsoe.

Side note: Wow I thought Gary Harris was considered a 3 and D type guy but his advanced defensive stats are pretty bad.

Personally I think Nuggets would prefer Irving, even at the higher cost. Also notice Nuggets are dumping Faried, which for that salary takes an asset itself to move.

Show some rumor any rumor that does not have the Nuggets asking for a good asset for Faried. Also they are not going to trade either Harris or Murray for Bledsoe, he is too injury prone and is not as good as this board suddenly believes.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,564

Post#23 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:01 pm

NashtyNas wrote:In reality, the Suns probably wouldn't touch any of those deals for Bledsoe IMO - which is why he hasn't been moved.
We'd move him for an upgrade or a good prospect/pick.. without having to take bad salary back. Despite his injuries, Bledsoe is a great player and he's still young enough that we're more than fine holding onto him.

Why not take back bad salary to increase the return? Phx doesn't seem in the get free agents and win asap mode even with Bledsoe, least of all without him. Directionally it makes a ton of sense to me.

I think it comes down to price, with
Fans of other teams seeing Bledsoe + bad contract = pick
Fans of Phx seeing Bledsoe = pick, and bad contract is dumped for free.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#24 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:53 pm

The Rebel wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
Jaw wrote:
Interesting. Love it for Cleveland but Suns should probably be giving up more to Nuggets. Personally if I were Nuggets I'd probably prefer just getting Bledsoe to Irving since he should take less to get and his defense can help improve a team that struggled on that end. Irving would be a scary addition to what was a top 5 offensive team last year and with his ability to play off ball would mesh very well with Jokic. However, if it would allow Nuggets to keep one of Harris or Murray I'd probably prefer to just get Bledsoe.

Side note: Wow I thought Gary Harris was considered a 3 and D type guy but his advanced defensive stats are pretty bad.

Personally I think Nuggets would prefer Irving, even at the higher cost. Also notice Nuggets are dumping Faried, which for that salary takes an asset itself to move.

Show some rumor any rumor that does not have the Nuggets asking for a good asset for Faried. Also they are not going to trade either Harris or Murray for Bledsoe, he is too injury prone and is not as good as this board suddenly believes.

Good asset for Faried? They can ask all they want, it will take a Nugget asset to move him.
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#25 » by Da ThRONe » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:46 pm

Suns outgoing- Bledsoe
Nuggets outgoing- Chandler, Murray, 1st round pick 2018

Suns get young assets and Denver take a huge leap fixing the biggest area of concern.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,971

Post#26 » by Domejandro » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:52 pm

Da ThRONe wrote:Suns outgoing- Bledsoe
Nuggets outgoing- Chandler, Murray, 1st round pick 2018

Suns get young assets and Denver take a huge leap fixing the biggest area of concern.

Huge overpay, in my opinion.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#27 » by nolang1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:11 pm

I think it would have to be as part of a Kyrie trade. Pretty much every other team whose point guard situation Bledsoe would improve is bad enough that, just as on the Suns, he wouldn't really fit their timeline.

I could see something like Bledsoe-Dudley for Aldridge-Murray being a good starting point for a Suns-Spurs deal if San Antonio wasn't seemingly so enamored with having the ability to play big ball.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#28 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:56 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
Jaw wrote:I think best return would be dealing him as part of the trade for Kyrie. However, I could understand Suns wanting to take things slower and not speed up the rebuild by landing Irving who puts them on the clock for two years to try and build a contender.

Other than that I think Nuggets would be a great destination as a team that could really use a point guard upgrade and some defense. Nuggets supposedly offered Mudiay and a 1st during the draft for Bledsoe (not sure if it was Nuggets original #13 pick or the one they got from Utah). I find it hard to believe Suns would've declined #13 and Mudiay if that was the offer. Nuggets could still offer Mudiay and a pick and could throw in a young guy like Beasley, Hernangomez or Lydon. I don't think Nuggets would be willing to include Murray in the offer but if I were Suns I'd try to get him.

To Cavs: Bledsoe + Warren + Harris + Nuggets 2018 1st
(Saves Cavs like 23mil in cap/tax and creates huge 10+mil TPE if they decide to use it OR could take Dudley or Chandler from Suns instead of cap flexibility)

Cavs:
TT | Love | Frye
Love | LBJ | Green
LBJ | Warren | Osman
Harris | Smith | KK

I like this a lot. Value is off by a little but the idea is great. First off Denver is giving way much let them keep their first. Suns include Miami 1st to Denver with Mudiay going back to Phx. Then i think you are on the right track. Bledsoe/Warren/1st equals Murray/Mudiay.

Denver trades Harris/Murray/Faried for Irving/1st seems about right. They would need to follow this up getting another 2G but I guess Barton/Beasley could help fill in and they would still have their 1st and Miami 1st to make a deal. Maybe a follow up of Arthur/Nelson/Lyles for Courtney Lee makes sense. It also clears room to bring Plumlee back. Figure out a pg minimum guy to sign.

Jokic/Plumlee
Millsap/Hernangomez
Chandler/Barton
Lee/Beasley
Irving/

Cleveland getting Bledsoe/Warren/Harris for Kyrie is a great deal they should jump at that. 3 guys to help against the Warriors.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#29 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:16 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:

Cavs:
TT | Love | Frye
Love | LBJ | Green
LBJ | Warren | Osman
Harris | Smith | KK

I like this a lot. Value is off by a little but the idea is great. First off Denver is giving way much let them keep their first. Suns include Miami 1st to Denver with Mudiay going back to Phx. Then i think you are on the right track. Bledsoe/Warren/1st equals Murray/Mudiay.

Denver trades Harris/Murray/Faried for Irving/1st seems about right. They would need to follow this up getting another 2G but I guess Barton/Beasley could help fill in and they would still have their 1st and Miami 1st to make a deal. Maybe a follow up of Arthur/Nelson/Lyles for Courtney Lee makes sense. It also clears room to bring Plumlee back. Figure out a pg minimum guy to sign.

Jokic/Plumlee
Millsap/Hernangomez
Chandler/Barton
Lee/Beasley
Irving/

Cleveland getting Bledsoe/Warren/Harris for Kyrie is a great deal they should jump at that. 3 guys to help against the Warriors.

I don't think value is off for Nuggets. In a vacuum, Faried takes Nuggets 2018 to rid of his contract. I think Irving is worth more than Murray + Harris.
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#30 » by DCintheD » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Reggie Jackson plus top 3 protected future 1st, future 2nd for Bledsoe and Knight?
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#31 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:48 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:Bledsoe + 2018 Miami 1st (1-7 protected)
for
Payton + Vucevic + 2018 Orlando 2nd + 2019 Brooklyn 2nd

Call Weltman and get it done!

I think it's fair value all around and addresses needs to both teams.

Good job OP!

(This only happens if Kyrie is off the block)

Am I missing something here?

I have the Miami pick as not too far off from Payton and Vucs combined value.

So a pick that's protected 1-7 from a team that finished with the #14 pick and got BETTER this year which probably means that this pick will end up being no better than the #15 and could easily drop to mid 20's is "not too far" from Payton's AND Vucevic's value?!

Can you please logically explain your reasoning?
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,099

Post#32 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:01 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
Call Weltman and get it done!

I think it's fair value all around and addresses needs to both teams.

Good job OP!

(This only happens if Kyrie is off the block)

So a pick that's protected 1-7 from a team that finished with the #14 pick and got BETTER this year which probably means that this pick will end up being no better than the #15 and could easily drop to mid 20's is "not too far" from Payton's AND Vucevic's value?!

Yes I think the pick will be somewhere in the teens and I don't think much of Payton or Vuc.
Kupchak9
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,492

Post#33 » by Kupchak9 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:43 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Yes I think the pick will be somewhere in the teens and I don't think much of Payton or Vuc.

I agree with this reasoning. There's not a single team that would give up a lottery pick for either of these guys. Also, any competitive team would recognize that Payton and Vuc are best served as bench players and they wouldn't give up anything of meaningful value to acquire a non-starter.

So the real only market are teams picking in that 18-30 range. Payton is due for a contract so doubt he fetches anything in that upper range. Vuc can probably get that 18th pick if you REALLY sell it. But in the end that's just the 18th pick + early 20s pick.

Really nothing of crazy value, and I'd say Bledsoe is worth more than both combined... (late lotto-pick).
SportsInfoBar
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#34 » by SportsInfoBar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:52 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:

Cavs:
TT | Love | Frye
Love | LBJ | Green
LBJ | Warren | Osman
Harris | Smith | KK

Jokic/Plumlee
Millsap/Hernangomez
Chandler/Barton
Lee/Beasley
Irving/

I think sending Shump to Denver for Arthur would be good for balancing.

To Cavs: Bledsoe + Warren + Harris + Arthur

To Nuggets: Irving + Shump

To Suns: Murray + Faried

Suns may need to send one of the Heat picks to the Cavs?
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#35 » by NashtyNas » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:57 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
NashtyNas wrote:In reality, the Suns probably wouldn't touch any of those deals for Bledsoe IMO - which is why he hasn't been moved.
We'd move him for an upgrade or a good prospect/pick.. without having to take bad salary back. Despite his injuries, Bledsoe is a great player and he's still young enough that we're more than fine holding onto him.

Why not take back bad salary to increase the return? Phx doesn't seem in the get free agents and win asap mode even with Bledsoe, least of all without him. Directionally it makes a ton of sense to me.

I think it comes down to price, with
Fans of other teams seeing Bledsoe + bad contract = pick
Fans of Phx seeing Bledsoe = pick, and bad contract is dumped for free.

I agree with your take. It seems that fans of other teams think Bledsoe is worth nothing because the contracts they're dumping would cost a pick to dump by itself. If that's the case, we know why Bledsoe hasn't been moved - because we value him much higher than that.

If taking on bad salary *truly* were to increase the return, I have no problem with it. For me, in the offers made thus far, that's just not the case. Both Faried and Jackson would cost a good asset to move by themselves... so my concern is that there is no compensation for Bledsoe let alone sufficient compensation.

SportsInfoBar wrote:I think sending Shump to Denver for Arthur would be good for balancing.

Look at the above as an example. Why does Murray have so much value that we're sending out not only Bledsoe, but Warren on top of it while eating Faried? On top of that, the poster suggested that we would be the ones including a pick. To me, that's asinine and it's obvious these are the kind of offers that were provided to us which is why Bledsoe is still in a Suns uniform.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#36 » by NashtyNas » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

MotownMadness wrote:

Do you think he stays in Phoenix after his last two years? Might be a good idea to cash in now to help the rebuild rather then let him him lose value as time goes on on a losing team if they aren't going to be relevant in his prime.

That doesn't matter.
The question should be:

Would you rather Bledsoe, or would you rather move Bledsoe AND eat Jackson to get a first?
If those are the options, I take Bledsoe every time. We're not in the business of handing away our better players just because they might leave 2 years from now. Even if he does leave, we wouldn't be saddled with a bad contract and a bad player for multiple years which we already have our own version of in Brandon Knight.

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Post#37 » by Xman » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:05 pm

When I first saw the Irving deal - I thought not enough for CLE. But, Harris is looking darn good - as is Warren - as is Murray. I agree that PHX sends CLE a decent pick.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,732

Post#38 » by DowJones » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:12 pm

SportsInfoBar wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:

Cavs:
TT | Love | Frye
Love | LBJ | Green
LBJ | Warren | Osman
Harris | Smith | KK

Jokic/Plumlee
Millsap/Hernangomez
Chandler/Barton
Lee/Beasley
Irving/

Just cut Phoenix out of this deal. Cleveland is better off keeping Murray. Cleveland can wait until the trade deadline and use Murray as a trade chip for a player better than Eric Bledsoe. Cleveland does not need to finish the roster right now. We can wait until the trade deadline when a superstar inevitably becomes available.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#39 » by NashtyNas » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:12 pm

The Rebel wrote:Denver refused to put Murray on the table for George, Butler, and Love there is no way that they put him on the table for Bledsoe. For that matter I do not see them including much more than Mudiay and a pick, and Hernangomez is a very good prospect so I doubt he is on the table.

Also I do not know where this Faried is a bad contract came from but it is ridiculous.

So if the Nuggets insist on offering nothing, the Suns will insist on doing the same. You can keep the pick, we'll send you Knight for Mudiay + Faried. You get what you pay for.

In reality, this is why there has been no Faried trade and no Bledsoe trade despite multiple attempts at shopping them by their respective teams. The teams value the player far more than other teams seem to and therefore there is no meeting of the minds on a mutually beneficial move.

I don't know where you get the idea that Faried is anything but a bad contract. His only valuable skillset is rebounding and frankly that can be had much cheaper on the FA market. There is a reason Denver has shopped him literally from the day he signed that contract.

Jaw
Bench Warmer
And1: 466

Post#40 » by Jaw » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:34 pm

DowJones wrote:
SportsInfoBar wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Jokic/Plumlee
Millsap/Hernangomez
Chandler/Barton
Lee/Beasley
Irving/

Just cut Phoenix out of this deal. Cleveland is better off keeping Murray. Cleveland can wait until the trade deadline and use Murray as a trade chip for a player better than Eric Bledsoe. Cleveland does not need to finish the roster right now. We can wait until the trade deadline when a superstar inevitably becomes available.

Although better value can be found at the deadline I think if Cavs realistically want to compete it isn't a smart move since there will be a significant adjustment period. Melo, Conley, Gasol and Cousins are the only superstars I think would become available then and Conley is the only one who wouldn't create significant changes and potentially other roster moves to balance out the lineup.

That being said I wouldn't rush into an Irving trade just to trade him but I think they are getting a solid enough (but not the best) return here with a combo of win-now talent and youth (although both are going into RFA where they'll be expensive to keep).

Return to Trades and Transactions