What is the best offer for Eric Bledsoe?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Re: What is the best offer for Eric Bledsoe? 

Post#61 » by Resistance » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:55 am

NashtyNas wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:I think there is disagreement on both Bledsoe's cost and the cost of dumping the bad player, but it gets needlessly tangled too often.

I.e.
Bledsoe is worth pick ~10,
dumping bad player is worth pick ~16.
Someone offers pick 8 for both

Now the debate could be does 10+16 = 8 or if not how much is it off (a 2nd and/or cash).
Instead the debate seems to be cast as pick 8 is good enough for just one of Bledsoe or the dump.

If you have Bledsoe and the dump that costly okay, but the dumps I have seen are more marginal than the picks being offered almost always (there are clear exceptions).

Back come last draft there was a bunch of:
RJ, #12, (Stanley Johnson).

To me with SJ that was fair as SJ helps make up for taking on RJ -- who isn't Meyers Leonard. Without SJ it was clearly light.

That's the problem. From the Suns point of view, taking on RJ for moving up 2 spots and giving up 16 all together (in this hypothetical of 10+16 vs. 8) seems silly and counter productive.

I would much rather move Bledsoe separately for a pick in the 10-15 range and then take on salary separately to get another asset.

I don't think RJ, 12, Johnson is something we consider remotely. Johnson's addition might be enough to make up the value for RJ from Detroit's perspective, but with Jackson and Warren on board, Johnson isn't getting minutes here and wouldn't be a longterm piece... so he adds nothing for us.

I understand the issue, which is why I believe Bledsoe is still a Sun - and that's fine. We're more than okay keeping him or we would've taken one of those questionable deals already.

I would much rather move Bledsoe separately for a pick in the 10-15 range and then take on salary separately to get another asset.

The teams with high draft picks should have minimal interest in trading for Bledsoe because they need a combination of more talent and more time for the young talent they already have to develop. Bledsoe in his late 20's doesn't fit the timeline for teams with some similarities to Phoenix such as Atlanta, Chicago, Orlando etc.

Cap space will be an issue for multiple contending teams over the next few years, so the impact of Bledsoe's incoming contract will be an issue for the teams that make sense as destinations for him. It could be very difficult to have a trade of Bledose and taking on a salary dump from another team as independent events.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Re: RE: Re: What is the best offer for Eric Bledsoe? 

Post#62 » by NashtyNas » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:38 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
NashtyNas wrote:
WinterSoldier wrote:
I think most people view Bledsoe in the same range as a Jrue Holiday, George Hill, Jeff Teague, Elfrid Payton, Jeremy Lin, Ricky Rubio level good enough to start but not good enough to make a team much better. Teams are just not willing to give up much for mid level players they'll wait until there free agents and pick them up then.

And the Suns are fine with that. We're not giving away our assets because we value them - if other teams don't we'll keep him. I suspect that's why he's still in a Suns uniform as I've said before.

I'm fine with Noah + Ntilikina for nothing. I'm not fine giving up a great point guard for free so we get compensation to take on Noah... that's not how it works.

If Mozgov cost the Lakers Russell + a late pick and they got Lopez in return, I'd say we can pry 1 top tier asset (like a top 10 pick) and another mid tier asset (pick in the 15-20 range or prospect worth that kind of pick) for Bledsoe + taking on an albatross of the size of Noah. If that isn't the case, we just keep Bledsoe like we have been.

You have the trade mistaken.

Mozgov/Russel for Brook/late 1st

So in this scenario Frank definitely has more value than Deangalo because the lakers couldn't get a top 12 pick for him. Noah even though he gets injured is either just as good or a little better of a negative contract than mozgov.

So the question is how much better is Bledsoe than brook/1st and is that difference negated by the extra value frank has over Deangalo.

I'd say this is the exact type of trade you can expect, maybe you can get an extra 2nd or so but not much more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using RealGM mobile app

Yep meant to say the Lakers got the late pick + Lopez, you're correct.

We obviously disagree on multiple levels.
I think D'AR is a better prospect than Ntilikina and I would rather give up a top 10 pick for D'AR than Frank despite the lesser # of years he's under contract for that same reason.
I also think Noah is certainly a worse player, a bigger injury risk and a worse overall contract than Mozgov at this point.
Noah makes ~$2M per more a year and played 58% of his games vs. Mozgov's 72% though I don't think the latter matters much because neither is really worth playing major minutes anyhow.

So
a) I don't think there is any extra value in Frank at all and
b) I don't see any chance we eat Noah while sending out Bledsoe if all we're getting is Frank (and an extra 2nd as though that provides some value :lol: )

That's my opinion, and reality seems to back it up. If we wanted to make a silly move where we take on bad salary for free, Bledsoe would probably be in a Knicks or Nuggets uniform already. We're not in the business of giving away starting caliber players in their prime for free. If you want him for free, you'll have to wait till he's FA - and that's far from a guarantee.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#63 » by NashtyNas » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:42 am

Resistance wrote:The teams with high draft picks should have minimal interest in trading for Bledsoe because they need a combination of more talent and more time for the young talent they already have to develop. Bledsoe in his late 20's doesn't fit the timeline for teams with some similarities to Phoenix such as Atlanta, Chicago, Orlando etc.

Cap space will be an issue for multiple contending teams over the next few years, so the impact of Bledsoe's incoming contract will be an issue for the teams that make sense as destinations for him. It could be very difficult to have a trade of Bledose and taking on a salary dump from another team as independent events.

Again, we're fine with that. We'll simply keep him.

Just because you aren't getting what you want, doesn't mean you give up what you have for less than you feel it's worth.
Let's say you are selling your old Honda and you want $10k for it because that's how it's valued to you - it runs, it's not too old, and it has no problems so you could keep driving it another couple of years. No one wants to offer you $10k but they'll take it for $2k.... do you make the sale? Of course not - the value you get from keeping the car outweighs selling it at the discounted price you're being offered.

Same is the case for Bledsoe. If all we're getting is teams trying to acquire him at a discount, we'd rather just get the on court value for 2 more seasons and see what happens from there. It's not hard to grasp, really.

I have realistic expectations from a Bledsoe trade. It either needs to get us a pick in the 10-15 range without having to eat bad long term salary, or it needs to be combined with our assets to get us an upgrade.

I also have realistic expectations that Noah/Faried/Kanter/Anderson etc. etc. cost a top asset to move by themselves, so if their teams expect a great point guard in return on top of that dump, they still need to compensate us for that point guard.

If it was that easy to turn a deadweight into a quality player, we would see these deadweights moved far more often.
I still don't understand how Charlotte pulled off that heist with Atlanta, but that's what these proposals would be if the Suns fell for it. Turning your bad contract into nothing has a cost, turning it into something of value has a higher cost.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
Monky15
Starter
And1: 692

Post#64 » by Monky15 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:16 am

I like the 3 teamer with Cavs and Nugs. If Cavs don't want to be forced to pay Harris they could take Barton and a Denver 1st instead then let Barton walk if LeBron leaves and if he stays I'm sure Barton would want to stay also.
Monky15
Starter
And1: 692

Post#65 » by Monky15 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:20 am

Bucks should offer Delly/ Tele or Henson with Hawes, Vaughn and 2 1sts for Bledsoe.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#66 » by Fo-Real » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:23 pm

Monky15 wrote:Bucks should offer Delly/ Tele or Henson with Hawes, Vaughn and 2 1sts for Bledsoe.

WHAT DID YOU SAY BOUT MY MAMMA?!?! :evil:

Return to Trades and Transactions