Cle/Clippers/Phoenix

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Re: Cle/Clippers/Phoenix 

Post#21 » by Fo-Real » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Yes Phx definitely out of the deal. That said, I really don't see the Clips trading Jordan, I think it's one of the main reasons Blake came back, they are very tight. So dropping Dre and TT, what are these two teams trade options?
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#22 » by QRich3 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:39 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:I would do this package:

OUT: Irving + Smith + TT

IN: Jordan + Beverley + Lou + Dekker

Some small (expiring) filler from Clippers would be needed, but this trade saves Cavs like 20+mil in cap and lux tax, creates a huge TPE, and gives them a ton of cap flexibility next offseason. LBJ, Jordan, Beverley, Shump, Jefferson, would all have options and Lou, Frye, others would be expiring.

It doesn't work per CBA rules, the Clippers are hard capped and can't add any more than $6M in any trade. Even adding Wes Jonhson, which is the closest thing to a small expiring they have bar Lou/Bev, it still doesn't work. And even if it did, I'd think the Clippers prefer eating the Shumpert/Frye pair than getting the more polarizing Smith/Thompson.

Dupp wrote:
QRich3 wrote:I like it for everyone but the Suns, I think you have to take Bledsoe out of the deal and send Beverley to the Cavs instead. With that, I think it's a good deal for all 3 teams, providing the Cavs accept winning now and not getting future assets for Kyrie. The Suns get a couple young guys and an expiring for Chandler, and the Clippers get a guy that can attract more talent later on.
jbk1234 wrote:I'd pass because of Jordan's FT shooting. It's too much of a liability in the playoffs - especially against a team like GS.

I think that's focusing too much on his weaknesses without paying attention to his strengths. FT shooting is certainly a weak point of his, but it gets offset with all of the other good things he does. Let's not forget he already won a series against Golden State, a series where he was hacked a bunch, and he still was one of the key pieces of why that series was won. Obviously the Warriors were not quite what they are now, but neither was Jordan, and I think that was enough to project how he'd do against them nowadays. And he's played close to 2000 playoff minutes in his career and he's been an important player, even late in games with his bad FT shooting.

Id do this trade and would be all for taking Jordan but his performances against the warriors the last couple of seasons are a bit worrying. He seems unable to dominate the boards.

I've read this a few times here and it always makes me scratch my head a little, 15-16 season he had pretty normal games overall against the Warriors, his rebounding numbers were pretty much his season averages. And last season, which I guess is where this comes from, he did have 3 bad games, two of them being a back-to-back where he played 25 minutes and a 50 point blowout where he played 23 minutes. Yes, he had a couple bad regular season games against a much better team, but I don't think that's enough to suggest his game has some kind of inherent problem against them. Specially when we know his rebounding has been key in taking advantage of the Warriors smaller frontcourt in a previous playoff series (Bogut was injured back then so it was mostly Draymond+Lee).
phraoh
Sixth Man
And1: 714

Post#23 » by phraoh » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:46 am

I believe that Cavs Clippers trade will happen in less than two weeks, and be a current benefit to both teams. Future Clippers will definitely benefit since Kyrie will resign in two years and Jordan may opt out next season IF Lebron leaves. Probably a Jordan, Beverly + ?? for Kyrie Shumpert and ?? Cavs have a cheap defensive young center that can be added or Minnesota can be part of a 3 way (either for Frye or L. Williams) for Aldrich, Trade may already be agreed upon, as Cavs FO is very quiet.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#24 » by Dupp » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:01 pm

phraoh wrote:I believe that Cavs Clippers trade will happen in less than two weeks, and be a current benefit to both teams. Future Clippers will definitely benefit since Kyrie will resign in two years and Jordan may opt out next season IF Lebron leaves. Probably a Jordan, Beverly + ?? for Kyrie Shumpert and ?? Cavs have a cheap defensive young center that can be added or Minnesota can be part of a 3 way (either for Frye or L. Williams) for Aldrich, Trade may already be agreed upon, as Cavs FO is very quiet.

Is there even any rumors that these teams are actually talking or is it just an idea floated in the media? Yes please though.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#25 » by Dupp » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Fo-Real wrote:Yes Phx definitely out of the deal. That said, I really don't see the Clips trading Jordan, I think it's one of the main reasons Blake came back, they are very tight. So dropping Dre and TT, what are these two teams trade options?

None. DJ is the prize even though i do like gallo.

Maybe LA unsure about paying DJ could be a reason they trade him but i dont think its happening.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#26 » by QRich3 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:08 pm

Dupp wrote:Is there even any rumors that these teams are actually talking or is it just an idea floated in the media? Yes please though.

None, I think. Peter Vecsey, unreliable as he is nowadays, said last week that Kyrie wants the Clippers but the Cavs FO is not impressed by what LA is offering and no deal is likely. Not sure I buy him having any knowledge of the situation, but there's that.
phraoh
Sixth Man
And1: 714

Post#27 » by phraoh » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Yes...if you just fill in the blanks...a) Cavs tried to trade for Beverly last season and has liked him for some time now, b) Clippers were offering Jordan for the 4th pick in the draft last year...no takers, c) Jordan's contract has an out next year, so he can be looked at as a one year expiring, d) Talks of a Paul for Kyrie trade made the rounds within the last year or two, e) Kyrie said he likes LA and wants to play for the Clippers...takes some of the anxiety away assuming he is a good bet to resign, f) Cavs FO is extremely quiet....believe they are just waiting for someone's trade restriction to expire...Beverly's expires 8/27

Return to Trades and Transactions