Cavs-Clips-Bucks

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

SportsInfoBar
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Cavs-Clips-Bucks 

Post#1 » by SportsInfoBar » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:57 am

Cavs in: Middlerton, Henson, Parker, Beverley, Dekker, Harrell
Cavs out: Irving, TT, Shump

Bucks in: Deandre Jordon, Lou Williams
Bucks out: Middleton, Henson, Parker

Clippers in: Irving, TT, Shump
Clippers out: Jordon, Lou W, Beverley, Dekker, Harrell

Cavs get some win now players and some young guys. They take on Henson's contract (which IS worse than Shumps no matter what some Bucks fans think). Cavs could take Monroe instead of Henson--not sure which is better for us or for the Bucks.

Bucks get a stud center to go with their core. They dump Henson in the process.
Brogdon
Lou
Gianis
Teletovic (or Maker?)
Deandre
Or they can go with Snell at SF, Gianis at PF.

Clippers get Kyrie to pair with Blake and Gallo.
Kyrie
Shump or Rivers
Gallo
Blake
TT

Is a nice lineup with some youth in it. 3 players with championship experience.

I assume all will hate it. Cavs fans will say we don't have a real center after the trade--but I believe Henson and Harrell can fill in reasonably for TT-and the other gains overcome that loss. Bucks fans will say we aren't trading Middleton for Michael Jordan let alone Deandre. Clips fans will say-well I have no idea what they will say.

So fire away!
phraoh
Sixth Man
And1: 714

Re: Cavs-Clips-Bucks 

Post#2 » by phraoh » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:59 pm

Really think it has possibilities for all the teams, but you are probably right...all fans will hate it.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#3 » by M-C-G » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:54 pm

I wouldn't give up Middleton and Parker for Irving who has a longer contract than DJ. I am definitely not giving up both to have one year of DJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,163

Post#4 » by skones » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:41 pm

I'm not giving up that much for Jordan.
old ball coach
Junior
And1: 36

Post#5 » by old ball coach » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:56 pm

middleton is worth more than Jordan and by a lot and that would be even if Jordan wasn't a one year rental.This is terrible for the bucks As good as Jordan is on defense. I don't thin the bucks have enough offence to make the playoffs in the weak east and then the next year the core is gone and its rebuild this is a joke add the fact Middleton's contract is fantastic Makes this one of the worse offers I have seen for the bucks. this also seems way out of whack for the clipps that much for a rental and peices
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#6 » by QRich3 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:52 am

If the Bucks were giving all of that for Jordan-Lou, I don't want Kyrie Irving, I'll just take Middleton. They won't, cause as the above poster says, Middleton has more value than Jordan.

I've said it a few times on this board I think, if the Bucks were to entertain offers for Middleton centered around Jordan + stuff, I would give quite a lot of stuff to get it done.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#7 » by Mamba4Goat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:54 pm

I don't hate the bones of the deal, and it's a different idea of the few Kyrie trades I've actually looked at, but I don't think the Bucks say yes here, with Maker there and looking like a nice piece going forward, do they really give up Middleton for a center? I can get behind using Jabari in a trade but I don't see them giving up Middleton unless it's for an overpay.
For the Cavs that's way too many players incoming and they don't have the roster spots for that, easy fix of rerouting pieces, but a small problem nonetheless.
For LA I think it's also a no. This is a lateral move at best while getting rid of any youth they have on the team. I'd rather keep Jordan and see how the year goes.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.

Return to Trades and Transactions