OKC-Bulls

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,358

OKC-Bulls 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:32 pm

I think there is potential here. OKC can still get under the tax, and they are win now. The bulls can swallow bad deals, and need assets.

Portis for Singler, Fergunson and the Bulls 2018 2nd round pick back (INCREIDIBLE that they put this in the Taj deal)

OKC has back up wing depth, and could use a good back up PF. Portis has good range and plays hard. He is cheap for 2 more years.
They dump Singler's deal and get close to under the tax

Bulls get their 2nd back (should be #31-34) and an OK prospect for the wing. Singler could start at the 3 for us-that's how bad it is looking right now. His salary is nothing for us the next few years
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,202

Re: OKC-Bulls 

Post#2 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:00 pm

Singlers contract isnt so bad that OKC will use two assets to dump him. What some people think is an just an ok prospect in Ferguson, others are very high on. Ferguson isnt likely to do too much next year but he does have a higher ceiling than a lot of players in the late first round. Also, I could see Presti really wanting to hold on to him as a future building block in case OKC is in the same situation as Chicago in 2018. All that being said, I think OKC could use Portis and I don't have a problem giving that pick back to Chicago. I would just rather keep Ferguson.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
pipfan
RealGM

Post#3 » by pipfan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:49 pm

Fair enough, but the $ savings are key here for OKC-and a nice fit in Portis
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#4 » by Pillendreher » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:48 pm

No offense, but we already have a trash young guy who will get most of his minutes at PF. Don't need another one in Portis.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
pipfan
RealGM

Post#5 » by pipfan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:54 am

Portis is not trash-he is a solid back up. This gets them close to getting under the tax
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#6 » by Mamba4Goat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:34 am

I'd do it. Good job.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#7 » by Pillendreher » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 am

pipfan wrote:Portis is not trash-he is a solid back up. This gets them close to getting under the tax

Meh. So far he's been one of the worst bigmen in the league over the last two years.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#8 » by ChettheJet » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:11 pm

I don't get how it's such a big saving for OKC. Singler wouldn't be starting for the Bulls ahead of Valentine or Holiday and probably not Zipser. Ferguson is the value in return and even then unless Wade gets traded there are no minutes at all for him.

What it does is create the need for at least one more trade plus a FA signing. The Bulls would have to sign a PF who could start, Markkanen isn't ready and he's the only other 4 they have. So they have to find someone for a year or two or they get forced into bringing back Mirotic and being forced isn't a good spot to be in.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,271

Post#9 » by brackdan70 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:30 pm

seems like relatively fair value. I still have hopes for Portis though and kind of think the Bulls should hang on a little longer.
Sign here
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,271

Post#10 » by brackdan70 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:32 pm

ChettheJet wrote:I don't get how it's such a big saving for OKC. Singler wouldn't be starting for the Bulls ahead of Valentine or Holiday and probably not Zipser. Ferguson is the value in return and even then unless Wade gets traded there are no minutes at all for him.

What it does is create the need for at least one more trade plus a FA signing. The Bulls would have to sign a PF who could start, Markkanen isn't ready and he's the only other 4 they have. So they have to find someone for a year or two or they get forced into bringing back Mirotic and being forced isn't a good spot to be in.

are the Bulls that concerned with having a quality PF ahead of Markkanen? seems like full bottom out mode to me and they shouldn't mind playing youngsters big minutes.
Sign here
pipfan
RealGM

Post#11 » by pipfan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:05 pm

I assume Niko comes back-relatively cheaply. He can start for now, and Lauri learn behind.

OKC saves close to $5 million here-that's a lot for a small market team in the tax

Return to Trades and Transactions