LAC / CLE / HOU / NY

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

clippertown
Veteran
And1: 935

LAC / CLE / HOU / NY 

Post#1 » by clippertown » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:43 am

I have not been too successful in these trade ideas but you can never stop trying :)

LAC IN = KYRIE IRVING + COURTNEY LEE
LAC OUT = DEANDRE JORDAN + PATRICK BEVERLY + LOU WILLIAMS

CLE IN = ERIC GORDON + PATRICK BEVERLY + LOU WILLIAMS
CLE OUT = KYRIE IRVING + RICHARD JEFFERSON

HOU IN = CARMELO ANTHONY + RICHARD JEFFERSON
HOU OUT = RYAN ANDERSON + ERIC GORDON

NY IN = DEANDRE JORDAN + RYAN ANDERSON
NY OUT = CARMELO ANTHONY + COURTNEY LEE

For the Clippers: They get Kyrie to be their second superstar and someone capable of replacing CP3. They also get Courtney Lee who can help form a very potent defensive lineup. The loss of DJ hurts but he can be replaced (maybe with Cole Aldridge).

For Cleveland: They get a really nice backcourt to help James and they don't lose any of their already potent frontcourt. Beverly and Gordon will shine in greater roles and Williams can really help off the bench. Minor assets could also be included from LAC.

For Houston: They get Carmelo to form a superteam destined to absorb LBJ and Wade in the near future. They get rid of Anderson, who while liked, was not a championship caliber PF and he was overpaid for too many years. Gordon's loss stings but that's life.

For NY: They get a brand new front-line to go along with Porzingis. DJ will fit in perfectly to their system providing defense and rebounding. He is also a NY type personality so I see him enjoying playing at the garden. He also wants a bigger role and that will be available in NY. Anderson will surprise and provide a sense of continuity when he comes off the bench for Zingis.

Thoughts?
Nightperzon
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,514

Re: LAC / CLE / HOU / NY 

Post#2 » by Nightperzon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:24 am

Awful value and awful fit for the Cavs. Cavs already have Rose, JR, Shump and Korver at guard adding 3 for 1 wouldn't make any sense.
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Post#3 » by 8on » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:30 am

Clippers are giving up too much, Houston's giving up too much, Knicks are getting DJ for Melo????

If I think of a way to rework it, I'll post it.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#4 » by ejftw » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:57 am

Yeah, Knicks aren't turning Melo into DJ, even if it means taking on Anderson.

Plus, I'm sure Cavs would prefer DJ + Bev over Bev + EJ + Lou.
Jaw
Bench Warmer
And1: 466

Post#5 » by Jaw » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:31 am

If I were Clippers I'd deal directly with Cavs. I think Cavs would prefer Jordan over Gordon. Thompson can easily come off the bench and vastly improve their big man rotation since currently only backup center is Tavares. Cavs could also opt to deal him if they got Jordan and the right offer presented itself. I think Thompson would be a great fit in Milwaukee who could use a upgrade at center. They could maybe send back Henson and a 1st or something like that.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#6 » by red96 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:34 am

Carmelo isn't worth Gordon and Anderson, and this deal leaves the Rockets without any rotation worthy backup pg or sg. Rockeys say no.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"

Return to Trades and Transactions