Bucks/Thunder: Telly finds a new home

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Bucks/Thunder: Telly finds a new home 

Post#1 » by Andre Roberstan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:53 pm

Really simple. Posted this in one of the other Bucks threads, but figured it was worth breaking out.

Bucks out:
Mirza Teletovic

Thunder out:
Kyle Singler
Doug McDermott
2019 2nd-round pick

Bucks cut a good chunk of salary for a guy that has underperformed for them, and get a minor asset and a flier on Doug McDermott.

Thunder rid themselves of Singler's salary and pick up a guy who's historically been a solid shooter and could help their bench scoring.

(The ideal follow-up to this is a Kanter trade to make sure the bench isn't a tire fire, but...sufficient for the day is the evil thereof).
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,536

Re: Bucks/Thunder: Telly finds a new home 

Post#2 » by Rapcity_11 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:48 pm

Basketball insiders has Singler’s final year as unguaranteed so I wouldn’t do this as the Thunder if that’s true.

If that year is guaranteed, then it’s pretty fair. Probably do it as both teams.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Post#3 » by daoneandonly » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:53 pm

Seems pretty fair for both sides and Telly could maybe have a bit of a resurgence playing alongside Westbook and PG13
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by Andre Roberstan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:57 pm

Rapcity_11 wrote:Basketball insiders has Singler’s final year as unguaranteed so I wouldn’t do this as the Thunder if that’s true.

If that year is guaranteed, then it’s pretty fair. Probably do it as both teams.

It's unguaranteed, yeah. But either way Telly and Singler expire the same year if you decline Singler's 5th-year salary. I'm really worried about OKC's backup 4 spot this year, and Teletovic would help more than McDermott IMO.
Rapcity_11
RealGM

Post#5 » by Rapcity_11 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Andre Roberstan wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:Basketball insiders has Singler’s final year as unguaranteed so I wouldn’t do this as the Thunder if that’s true.

It's unguaranteed, yeah. But either way Telly and Singler expire the same year if you decline Singler's 5th-year salary. I'm really worried about OKC's backup 4 spot this year, and Teletovic would help more than McDermott IMO.

I don’t think the 2nd is required then. Why do you think it's needed?

What's wrong with Grant?
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,192

Post#6 » by skones » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:16 pm

Why I'd love to. I never thought you'd ask.

(if that third year is UG'd for Singler.)
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#7 » by tski1972 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:17 pm

yes, I'd do this deal.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Andre Roberstan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:20 pm

Rapcity_11 wrote:
Andre Roberstan wrote:

What's wrong with Grant?

I'm lower on Grant than most of the Thunder fanbase. Donovan loves him, and he puts up some cool highlight-reel blocks and dunks, but I'm not convinced he's the answer. And if he is, it's more as a small-ball 5 against small lineups than elsewhere.

The 2nd is hedging because the reception for most Bucks trades tends to be...chilly.
Rapcity_11
RealGM

Post#9 » by Rapcity_11 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Andre Roberstan wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:
Andre Roberstan wrote:

What's wrong with Grant?

I'm lower on Grant than most of the Thunder fanbase. Donovan loves him, and he puts up some cool highlight-reel blocks and dunks, but I'm not convinced he's the answer. And if he is, it's more as a small-ball 5 against small lineups than elsewhere.

The 2nd is hedging because the reception for most Bucks trades tends to be...chilly.

McBuckets and Teletovic are pretty similar players, no? I don’t see what’s not to like from the Bucks side since they’re saving money.

A chilly response means the deal is probably fair…massive homers we all are.
SlideRuleJockey
Junior
And1: 96

Post#10 » by SlideRuleJockey » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:07 pm

Great trade. OKC can keep the 2'nd. Sign me up.
On Jabari Parker tearing his ACL in Phoenix:

Nowak008 wrote:
bigkurty wrote::(

This is your fault. Jabari got distracted by your wife's giant boobs.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#11 » by Golabki » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:27 pm

This trade seems to assume Telly is quite a bit better than McD. Is that true? To me they're both back end of the rotation guys.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by Andre Roberstan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Golabki wrote:This trade seems to assume Telly is quite a bit better than McD. Is that true? To me they're both back end of the rotation guys.

I was hoping for a resurgence to his Phoenix form.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,498

Post#13 » by jayjaysee » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 pm

I think Okc can do better than this.. But as is, I think Milwaukee should be adding the 2nd for trimming the money in year two. I'd probably look for a team with any interest in Dougie and get a 2nd that way. Like QPondexter and a 2nd, Milwaukee gets QPon and Singler. NO could use their TPE and keep Pondexter, but going over the tax for Doug McDermott seems unacceptable to me.

That counter shows how below average I think Teletovic is though...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#14 » by hege53190 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:19 am

As a Bucks fan, I like it. Even if you had the 2nd round pick going from Milwaukee to OKC.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,971

Post#15 » by Domejandro » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:22 am

I think this kind of sucks for Milwaukee, in all honesty; Mirza is considerably better than McDermott and Kyle Singler, even in the context of his last season.
hege53190
Head Coach

Post#16 » by hege53190 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:38 am

Domejandro wrote:I think this kind of sucks for Milwaukee, in all honesty; Mirza is considerably better than McDermott and Kyle Singler, even in the context of his last season.

It isn't about who is better for Milwaukee. It is about getting under the tax line this season and shaving $5.5 million off the payroll in 2018-2019.

Teletovic is actually quite a bit better especially if he rebounds to his every other year form.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,971

Post#17 » by Domejandro » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:46 am

hege53190 wrote:
Domejandro wrote:I think this kind of sucks for Milwaukee, in all honesty; Mirza is considerably better than McDermott and Kyle Singler, even in the context of his last season.

It isn't about who is better for Milwaukee. It is about getting under the tax line this season and shaving $5.5 million off the payroll in 2018-2019.

Teletovic is actually quite a bit better especially if he rebounds to his every other year form.

A Spencer Hawes + minor pick for Devin Harris would be more valuable for Milwaukee to get out of the tax, in my opinion.
hege53190
Head Coach

Post#18 » by hege53190 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:52 am

Domejandro wrote:
hege53190 wrote:

A Spencer Hawes + minor pick for Devin Harris would be more valuable for Milwaukee to get out of the tax, in my opinion.

Maybe. I was looking more at the savings next year. Getting under the tax line this year would just be gravy.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,730

Post#19 » by the_process » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:06 am

Kanter, McDermott, and Ferguson to MIL
Henson and Teletovic to OKC
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,830

Post#20 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:16 am

Domejandro wrote:
hege53190 wrote:

I agree :D

But obviously the Bucks would be crazy not to jump on the deal in the OP if it were offered.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions