Do you know who should pursue Kyrie? The BUCKS!

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,088

Re: Do you know who should pursue Kyrie? The BUCKS! 

Post#21 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:46 pm

skones wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:Can Bucks fans help explain the rationale of not wanting to give up Middleton for Kyrie? As an outsider I do not understand it at all. Looks like Middleton and Kyrie have the same amount of years left on their deal (assuming Middleton will opt out). I'm honestly confused.

It really doesn't make sense from an outsider's perspective. Middleton is good, yes, but he's not a star. Kyrie is a star. And a Kyrie/Giannis core is killer. They fit very well together.

And in general, I think the "this guys a star, this guys not" is the dumbest rationale you can use in any trade. By and by, if you talk to a casual NBA fan off this board, they have no idea what they're talking about. They also happen to be the ones who decide who's a star and who's not. Those same people couldn't name a guy like Rudy Gobert even though he single handedly makes most teams in this league elite on the defensive end over night.

Well we're talking on here and I think the more educated group on here would agree that Kyrie is a star and Midds is not. Is Middleton a great complementary player to have? Yes. But trades for stars hurt. They aren't painless.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#22 » by Prez » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:54 pm

Kyrie is clearly better than the 2016-17 post-hamstring tear off the bone shell of Middleton. He absolutely is not a discernibly higher impact player than a full strength 2015-16 Middleton.

I would probably do the trade because the concerns over whether Middleton will get back to 100% are legit. But I can totally see why someone would prefer Middleton if they think that he does get back to 100%. This "Kyrie is a star, Middleton isn't" stuff isn't super meaningful as it's not tied to who actually brings more two-way value on court but instead who is the better go-to scorer and marketable/popular player.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#23 » by skones » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:57 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
skones wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
It really doesn't make sense from an outsider's perspective. Middleton is good, yes, but he's not a star. Kyrie is a star. And a Kyrie/Giannis core is killer. They fit very well together.

And in general, I think the "this guys a star, this guys not" is the dumbest rationale you can use in any trade. By and by, if you talk to a casual NBA fan off this board, they have no idea what they're talking about. They also happen to be the ones who decide who's a star and who's not. Those same people couldn't name a guy like Rudy Gobert even though he single handedly makes most teams in this league elite on the defensive end over night.

Well we're talking on here and I think the more educated group on here would agree that Kyrie is a star and Midds is not. Is Middleton a great complementary player to have? Yes. But trades for stars hurt. They aren't painless.

As I stated. "This guy's a star, this guy's not" is dumb. You have to look at the substance each guy brings to the floor, and I think one guy's perception of "substance" is greatly affected by the fact that he plays with the greatest player of all time.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,071

Post#24 » by Laimbeer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:00 pm

I'm pretty surprised at these takes. Kyrie has comfortably more value than even a healthy Middleton.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,088

Post#25 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Prez wrote:Kyrie is clearly better than the 2016-17 post-hamstring tear off the bone shell of Middleton. He absolutely is not a discernibly higher impact player than a full strength 2015-16 Middleton.

I would probably do the trade because the concerns over whether Middleton will get back to 100% are legit. But I can totally see why someone would prefer Middleton if they think that he does get back to 100%. This "Kyrie is a star, Middleton isn't" stuff isn't super meaningful as it's not tied to who actually brings more two-way value on court but instead who is the better go-to scorer and marketable/popular player.

Kyrie brings more value on the court than Middleton, even when healthy. Is that better?
old ball coach
Junior
And1: 36

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Do you know who should pursue Kyrie? The BUCKS! 

Post#26 » by old ball coach » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:10 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
old ball coach wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:Can Bucks fans help explain the rationale of not wanting to give up Middleton for Kyrie? As an outsider I do not understand it at all. Looks like Middleton and Kyrie have the same amount of years left on their deal (assuming Middleton will opt out). I'm honestly confused.

Its the little things that really add up middleton has a fantastic contract very good teammate very good 2way player fits with freak . now the negatives on irving and i like him but.. Defence is nothing to write home about. Not a true point more of a hybrid then anything will not resign with bucks after his two years you can bet on that.mecontent wasn't happy with king james being the man greek owns Milwaukee how do u think he will like that then there injuries irving has never player a full 82. In fact three seasons he didn't make it to 60 games he is a unique scorer that cant put 25 in the hole any given night but middleton can put 20 and play d and the asking price of Cleveland fans is insane you look at what george and Butler got. Add up all the baggage and we keep midds and

Sent from my LGLS991 using RealGM mobile app

If you think Middleton signs after his 2 years and Kyrie wouldn't then that is a very fair stance to take. I agree the Butler trade was a head scratcher. Thought they could get more. PG only has 1 year left so not a great comparison.

I agree on paul as a rental but value wise u add irving inj. Historyand his not being happy shouldn't he value be about the same as paul? I just think what Cleveland fans are asking is out of wack it only takes one team to agree with them on his value but fact is if any team offered near that he would be traded already

Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#27 » by Prez » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:10 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Prez wrote:Kyrie is clearly better than the 2016-17 post-hamstring tear off the bone shell of Middleton. He absolutely is not a discernibly higher impact player than a full strength 2015-16 Middleton.

Kyrie brings more value on the court than Middleton, even when healthy. Is that better?

That's a perfectly fine opinion to hold. As is the other side of that.
old ball coach
Junior

Re: RE: Re: Do you know who should pursue Kyrie? The BUCKS! 

Post#28 » by old ball coach » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:21 pm

Laimbeer wrote:I'm pretty surprised at these takes. Kyrie has comfortably more value than even a healthy Middleton.

Were talking value not who's the better basketball player you add all the little things up and it brings his value down also it's not that they want just middleton they want parker and brogdon maybe a 1st thon maker been brought up even seen ones will all of them in it plus take shumperts contract. Just not happening.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Post#29 » by Fotis St » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:36 pm

phraoh wrote:
So, it seems the consensus from Buck fans is they would rather have a pretty good all around player who is NOT an all star, nor done anything like hit a clutch shot to win in the Finals, than a young dynamic all star pg who has proven his worth deep into the playoffs (Lebron wasn't making those shots for him by the way). Think how much better Giannis will be with Kyrie taking away the Defenses attention.....makes no sense to me either. Same view Piston fans seem to have with Tobias Harris, also a pretty good all around player. News flash...you win in the NBA with stars not pretty good all around players.

Absolutely.
Agree 100%.

Now expect most Bucks' fans respond explaining how Kyrie is not a true star.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,896

Post#30 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:49 pm

I think Parker, Brogdon and Delly for Irving and Frye is fair.

Slight overpay if anything for MIL but they get an expiring for Delly which pushes the deal into their favor IMHO.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#31 » by jute2003 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:51 pm

I'd like to see the bucks with Middleton and Kyrie with Giannis. I don't think the Cavs would accept any offer that didn't include Middleton.

If it were just KM and 2018 1st I could accept it. If it really takes KM, 1st, Brogdon, Thon, and expiring or more like Cavs fans think...well that would just be stupid. Irving doesn't effect the game enough to gut your team for.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
only a fan, only an opinion
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,713

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Do you know who should pursue Kyrie? The BUCKS! 

Post#32 » by Pacers_Freak » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:51 pm

old ball coach wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:
old ball coach wrote:Its the little things that really add up middleton has a fantastic contract very good teammate very good 2way player fits with freak . now the negatives on irving and i like him but.. Defence is nothing to write home about. Not a true point more of a hybrid then anything will not resign with bucks after his two years you can bet on that.mecontent wasn't happy with king james being the man greek owns Milwaukee how do u think he will like that then there injuries irving has never player a full 82. In fact three seasons he didn't make it to 60 games he is a unique scorer that cant put 25 in the hole any given night but middleton can put 20 and play d and the asking price of Cleveland fans is insane you look at what george and Butler got. Add up all the baggage and we keep midds and

If you think Middleton signs after his 2 years and Kyrie wouldn't then that is a very fair stance to take. I agree the Butler trade was a head scratcher. Thought they could get more. PG only has 1 year left so not a great comparison.

I agree on paul as a rental but value wise u add irving inj. Historyand his not being happy shouldn't he value be about the same as paul? I just think what Cleveland fans are asking is out of wack it only takes one team to agree with them on his value but fact is if any team offered near that he would be traded already

Doesn't Middleton's injury history even that out?
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,071

Post#33 » by Laimbeer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Fotis St wrote:
phraoh wrote:
So, it seems the consensus from Buck fans is they would rather have a pretty good all around player who is NOT an all star, nor done anything like hit a clutch shot to win in the Finals, than a young dynamic all star pg who has proven his worth deep into the playoffs (Lebron wasn't making those shots for him by the way). Think how much better Giannis will be with Kyrie taking away the Defenses attention.....makes no sense to me either. Same view Piston fans seem to have with Tobias Harris, also a pretty good all around player. News flash...you win in the NBA with stars not pretty good all around players.

Absolutely.
Agree 100%.

Even though he has a track record in said NBA finals...
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#34 » by bondom34 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:07 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
Fotis St wrote:
phraoh wrote:

Absolutely.
Agree 100%.

Even though he has a track record in said NBA finals...

Last year was 29/4/4 on OK efficiency with bad defense and about a 1:1 assist to TO ratio.

He's a star until you take away Lebron, then he's not so great.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
old ball coach
Junior

Post#35 » by old ball coach » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:29 pm

I am also very curious if he so great why Cleveland doesn't tell him to shut play ball and after king james leaves next year your the man.

Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Post#36 » by Fotis St » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:18 pm

old ball coach wrote:I am also very curious if he so great why Cleveland doesn't tell him to shut play ball and after king james leaves next year your the man.

Kyrie is doing what King James did when young.
Kyrie wants to win rings. This is why he doesn't want to stay in Cleveland without Lebron.
Break down the teams he requested and you understand that he wants to win rings...

Knicks have Porzingis
Spurs have Kawhi
Wolves have Butler,Kat

If wanted only to be the man he would have stayed. He doesn't want to be the new Melo. He is being proactive to pair with at least another star in order to win a Championship or at least make it to Conference Finals.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
phraoh
Sixth Man
And1: 714

Post#37 » by phraoh » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:57 pm

Honestly, he has NEVER wanted to be in Cleveland, and most fans were shocked when he resigned so quickly. If Giannis told you he wanted to leave Milwaukee, he hated it there, and to trade him, would you keep him and tell him to shut up and play?? Look if they don't get any semblance of a decent offer, they probably will tell him to shut up and play, but you are just going to get less for him in the future.
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#38 » by Mykhyn » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:09 pm

I agree somewhat with some of these posts..

Ideally the goal would be to pair Irving/Middleton/Giannis. I'd give up everything to pair those 3, Parker, Brogdon, Monroe, Thon, picks if need be.

A lot of the posts in this thread though are baffling to say the least.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,070

Post#39 » by tidho » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:08 pm

Its amazing how little value Kyrie has. I'm starting to wonder what fans of other teams actually want to add. A nearly unstoppable offensive weapon that has proven to be an absolute killer in the playoffs?.... nah, won't even do that for my 3&D wing coming off an injury, lol.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#40 » by trwi7 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:12 pm

Laimbeer wrote:Even though he has a track record in said NBA finals...

Which he doesn't sniff without playing with LeBron.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.

Return to Trades and Transactions